Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 262 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 155 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 6527

Thread: Stephen King Proofs

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It's the UK sampler of Black House.

He already said it...
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Apparently i didnt notice the msg. Thanks
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I don't think that Lilja posted the ARC, but the final book.
    Your correct. It's the finished version.

Lilja

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

BLOCKADE BILLY proofs/ARCs? Where are they? I haven't seen any for sale on ABE or eBay. I did not get offered one by any of my contacts until well after CD announced the book. Did CD wait until they announced the book to send out proofs/ARCs to keep word from leaking out? I'm beginning to think that this may end up being a rare one.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Yes, I think that other than the two long-lead review sites who received version 1 of the proofs, none were sent out until the book was announced.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob, I'm coming to the belief that the ARC of Blockade Billy IS going to be of the more scarce items. I'm also surprised that none have shown up for sale in the aftermarket sites. I initially thought that it might be more common because CD isn't known for issuing scarce proofs, but...

My contact told me on March 30 that he had a copy coming. He got hold of me on April 6 that he had received his copy and I bought it from him the same day. I got it April 8. So CD didn't wait too long after the book was announced (which was March 29) to send out the ARCs.

I'm still looking for one of those 4 (or is it 6?) white cover copies. I put out some feelers, but nothing so far.

John

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Chizmar interview mentioned four of those white covered copies, John.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, but that assumes he was telling the truth.

Geez, that sounds cynical!

John

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

True, it does.

...but I am skeptical of all things CD based on friend's experiences.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

He was telling the truth...believe me I know!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Do you have one?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

I guess that Marsha must have one of the 4...

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I was browsing George Beahm's 'Stephen King Collectibles' book the other day and I noticed that many proofs were assigned pretty low market values compared to other collectible books. More so than today, it seemed.

Long-time (proof) collectors, has the proof market been growing over the years or has it always been a small niche in the big world of King collecting?

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Any ideas on the value of The Big Book of Necon proof?

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    I paid about $70 in August 2009 for a copy on eBay. I haven't seen one for sale recently so I don't know about current value.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    I paid about $70 in August 2009 for a copy on eBay. I haven't seen one for sale recently so I don't know about current value.
    Thanks for that, i just got myself one of ebay for £31.50 including shipping so i haven't done too bad!

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

Which is the most valuable galley out there? The least valuable must be Bag of Bones right? There are almost as many galleys as finished books of that one :-)

Lilja

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
    Which is the most valuable galley out there? The least valuable must be Bag of Bones right? There are almost as many galleys as finished books of that one :-)

Lilja
    There are more Lisey's Story and Rose Madder proofs than Bag of Bones proofs (as far as I know).

Most valuable? Probably the Doubleday proofs and the New English Library proofs (the ones that exist).

Bob and John will have a more educated opinion on this matter, I guess!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Lilja
    Highest Value: Orange Plume Proof of The Gunslinger has to be up there somewhere on the highest value list.

Lowest Value: I seem to see more Rose Madder copies over Bag of Bones.

Of course this is all speculation and my opinion.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Lilja
    LISEY'S STORY is also just about worthless and right there with BAG OF BONES as very very common.

Proofs of any of the first five books published by Doubleday are considered very rare and valuable.

Personally, I have never seen a proof of CARRIE so, IMO, that is the most valuable. Followed by NIGHT SHIFT, THE STAND, 'SALEM'S LOT and THE SHINING. Some may argue about the order of those books relative to scarcity but THE SHINING is definitely the "easiest" of the Doubledays to get.

Country
    Country Flag

Personally, I have never seen a proof of CARRIE so, IMO, that is the most valuable.
    Despite nobody ever having seen a Carrie proof, it was listed in Beahm's collectibles book (I think he even gave a market value for it! Pure speculation I guess).

In regard to my earlier post:

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg
    I was browsing George Beahm's 'Stephen King Collectibles' book the other day and I noticed that many proofs were assigned pretty low market values compared to other collectible books. More so than today, it seemed.
    I guess I shouldn't pay too much attention to the proof prices in his book after all (i.e., by comparing them to the value of other collectibles back in the day).

But I'm still wondering: are proofs getting more valuable, relative to other collectible books?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think George Beahm was listing that "oblong" Carrie proof without ever having even heard of a copy.

I think the most common of King's US proofs are Rose Madder (about 10,000 copies printed), Lisey's Story (about 8,000 copies printed), Bag of Bones and Hearts in Atlantis.

I agree with Bob on the most valuable proofs. I would also add the two Blaze manuscript proofs, Cell and the Under the Dome blue proof. And the white version of Blockade Billy (four copies?).

I think the value of the proofs has varied over the years, mainly due to the changes in the numbers of collectors interested in them. Supply and demand--the more interested, the higher the value.

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Personally, I have never seen a proof of CARRIE so, IMO, that is the most valuable.
    Despite nobody ever having seen a Carrie proof, it was listed in Beahm's collectibles book (I think he even gave a market value for it! Pure speculation I guess).

In regard to my earlier post:

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg
    I guess I shouldn't pay too much attention to the proof prices in his book after all (i.e., by comparing them to the value of other collectibles back in the day).

But I'm still wondering: are proofs getting more valuable, relative to other collectible books?
    I've always wondered how someone could set a price for a book without ever having seen one or heard of one changing hands. George Beahm used Charlie Fried's collection for most of the pictures in that book and, I guess, he and Charlie conferred on prices. The price quoted in the book was ridiculous when the book was printed and even more so today.

I don't know about proofs in general but prices for proofs of King's early books have escalated over the past few years. There are just so few of them, relatively speaking.

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know about proofs in general but prices for proofs of King's early books have escalated over the past few years. There are just so few of them, relatively speaking.
    Yes. In my - admittedly short - time collecting I've never seen one of the Doubledays for sale, except the Night Shift proof that Kyle got some time ago. If one comes along I can't afford it anyway but I like watching auctions and seeing what they go for.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Myself, and others have the more common Carrie proof. The "oblong" Carrie proof may have been a thought-not sure if it ever existed at all!!
    John
    have to agree
    Cell, Orange Plume Gunslinger, Blockade Billy white version are all very rare.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 262 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 155 ... LastLast