Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 262 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 6527

Thread: Stephen King Proofs

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if there arent two sorts of ARC ?

Mine have been shipped one week ago, and the mail says : "KING04 ARC2"
    ARC2... Is there an ARC1?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I wonder if there arent two sorts of ARC ?

Mine have been shipped one week ago, and the mail says : "KING04 ARC2"
    ARC2... Is there an ARC1?
    Which book are you talking about?

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry. I am talking about BLOCKADE BILLY.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have no idea. I kind of doubt there would be two different ARCs from Cemetary Dance for this book, but who knows for sure? I'm sure we'll soon find out.

John

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Lilja posted an image of his:

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Hopefully, I'll be posting pictures of my copy by the end of the week.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Hopefully, I'll be posting pictures of my copy by the end of the week.

John
    Me too : i SO cant wait!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Richard Chizmar: Because of time constraints, we actually needed to produce two states of the ARC (Advanced Reading Copies). The first (with a plain white cover) was only sent to four trade reviewers from places like PUBLISHER'S WEEKLY, BOOKLIST, etc, because they needed the ARCs so far in advance. The rest of the reviewers were sent an ARC featuring the full color artwork 2-3 weeks later.

From Lilja's interview with Rich Chizmar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Another (allbeit VERY rare) proof to add to my list!

I'm updating the listing in the first post of this thread to reflect this.

Thanks, Bev!

John

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Richard Chizmar: Because of time constraints, we actually needed to produce two states of the ARC (Advanced Reading Copies). The first (with a plain white cover) was only sent to four trade reviewers from places like PUBLISHER'S WEEKLY, BOOKLIST, etc, because they needed the ARCs so far in advance. The rest of the reviewers were sent an ARC featuring the full color artwork 2-3 weeks later.

From Lilja's interview with Rich Chizmar
    Quite rare... only 4 made. But why even bother? It's a bit of a process to produce a book and to make only 4 and give them away for free is a bit silly... then again it is for press, so... I dunno.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Realistically, I don't ever expect to get one, but "Hope Springs Eternal"...

John

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

You should just aim to collect all four copies.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

As long as I'm dreaming about it, why not!?!

John

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

For real! If you're gonna' dream you might as well dream big.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Collectors - If something exists...we will get it!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Hey guys, I mentioned in another thread that I won a Pet Sematary proof on eBay. I don't know yet which of the two states it is (typewritten vs. typeset). I'm happy to wait and find out once I get the book in the mail (I'm pretty sure it's the most common state and I'm fine with that ).

But since I don't think I've seen the answer anywhere, this thread seems the most appropriate place to ask:

How can you tell the proof state based on pictures of the book? One has a spine with 'Pet Sematary' in smaller fonts and 'Doubleday' along the spine, and the other has the title in larger fonts and 'Doubleday' perpendicular to the spine. But which one is which?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The one on the right is the "Typeset" (The rarest)

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That's what I thought. Thanks Alan! As far as I can see I got the one on the left. I paid $42 + $12.50 shipping so I'm not losing any sleep over it.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That was a good price.

Lilja has announced that Hodder & Stoughton has decided to issue a UK edition of Blockade Billy on May 25. I've made contact with my UK guy to see if they are going to issue a proof of that. As soon as I hear anything, I'll let you all know.

John

Country
    Country Flag

It would seem to be a bit redundant to issue proofs when the true 1st edition is for sale already, but who knows? If H&S and Scribner decide to make some proofs, I will be happy to try and snag them as well.

Country
    Country Flag

MrRabbitTrick : what's that?
    You pretend to have one, while in fact it's a fake? ^^

Lilja have posted pictures of the ONE FOR THE ROAD ARC.
    I must say that the content of the book is really nice. Short, but nice illustrations

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think that Lilja posted the ARC, but the final book.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice Cujo56 is on a distinguished road Cujo56's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I was just flipping through the different galleries and noticed someone had a Bag of Bones 1st & 2nd state arc. What's the difference between the two? why do the publishers make different states of proofs/arcs when they're usually uncorrected anyway? right?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

They do that to drive us collectors crazy!

Actually, there are two states of the US proof of Bag of Bones, while there are three states of the UK edition.

The first state of the US proof is also called the "manuscript proof" or the second state proof. It's large sized.

The other state of the US proof has the trade hardcover artwork on the cover. There is also a signed copy of this proof out there.

Check out post #21 in my collections thread above for pictures of these.

The three states of the UK Bag of Bones consists of the most common holographic cover in a green slipcase, a light green proof and a grey proof.

If you want to see the first two versions of these, check out post #10 in my collections thread above. I don't own the grey cover version (yet!).

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Cujo56 is on a distinguished road Cujo56's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

That is one massive collection. I've always found proofs, arcs, etc. to be more exciting to find/colllect. I've got a few of my favorites (Christine, buick 8, P.S.) and lining up a couple more in my sights. I hope to have a collection like yours someday.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 262 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast