Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 261 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 6521

Thread: Stephen King Proofs

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Of course, I have the excuse that I had a "senior moment"!

John
    I have yet to hit the point in my life when I can use this excuse, however my husband just says it's my "blond roots".

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    Feel free to ask me any specific questions you have regarding proofs, etc. I'll do my best to answer you.

John
    Any Idea how many "The Shining" Proofs are out there?
    Tried researching in this forum...have read 1st 34 pages and previoudly the last several without finding mention of The Shinnig " proofs other than Bob's Galley manuscript. I own one and I know of another collector with one. I assume there are a few more yet have heard rumor that may only be 1/2 dozen or so? Had it with me in NY with hopes of finding an opportunity to have Mr King sign on 11/10/09 as it includes a sheet in the proof titled SALES REPRESENTATIVES REPORT ON MATERIAL READ which was dated 11/10/76.
    Apparently this was suppose to be completed and returned (and was not)
    Here are some images of The Shining proof owned by EXPLORER:

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

John, could you update the proof list in the first post? I purchased a UK Lisey's Story numbered proof the other day, and it's #231 (the list says 'Lisey's Story numbered (from 100 to 226?) black cover') so the number can be adjusted accordingly.

I also got the US Blaze proof yesterday The grand total of proofs and ARCs in my collection is now 11 US (Hearts In Atlantis is on its way now) and 9 UK (Lisey's Story also on its way)

Proofs galore (yeah can't help it, I'm just like a happy little kid when it comes to my books)

Last edited by biomieg; 04-05-2010 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Moved image to Picasa

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Will do!

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Nice collection of proofs biomeg.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree Biomeg, you have some good ones!
    Geoff

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys. I made a 'wishlist' based on the lists John accumulated in the first post of this thread and there are 69 US and 41 UK proofs that I would love to have (some of them, like the manuscripts, don't really appeal to me so I made a selection). At this moment I own (11/69)*100 = 15.94% of the US proofs on my wishlist and (9/41)*100 = 21.95% of the UK proofs on my wishlist

Realistically, I hope to add at least 30 of the US proofs and about 15 of the UK proofs to my collection in the coming years. The others... well, 1) they almost never show up and/or 2) they're simply too expensive for me.

But I'm definitely focusing on the proofs right now. No S/Ls for me...

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Just out of curiosity, are any of these proofs considered scarce at all:

US PET SEMATARY (both versions)
    UK FIRESTARTER (in good condition)
    US EYES OF THE DRAGON
    US SKELETON CREW
    US BACHMAN BOOKS
    US IT
    US MISERY
    UK MISERY
    US DRAWING OF THE 3 trade paperback
    US TOMMYKNOCKERS
    US DOLAN'S CADILLAC
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The first state of the US Pet Sematary (with the typewritten text) is considered fairly scarce. The second state is relatively common.

The UK Firestarter is relatively scarce, especially in good condition (the black spine tends to flake.)

The US Eyes of the Dragon is relatively common unless the prints are included.

Both the UK Bachman Books and Different Seasons are relatively scarce.

The grey colored Dolan's Cadillac is scarce. The blue edition is relatively scarce.

The US It, both Misery proofs, Tommyknockers and the orange colored Drawing of the Three are fairly common, while the blue state of Drawing of the Three is more scarce.

Of course, these comments are rather subjective.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

John didn't specifically mention it but I think the US Skeleton Crew is the scarcest of the proofs you have listed.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Thanks for the info.
    My Dolan's Cadillac is grey, I didn't know there were two states. I got it for free so I'm not complaining either way!
    My UK Firestarter was obviously read, spine cracks, etc.
    My Eyes of the Dragon DOES have the proofs.
    My Skeleton Crew is in pretty good shape, just the usual wrinkles, etc.
    Thanks for the info guys! I appreciate it!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Default August '85 of Castle Rock Newsletter

How much should I pay for an Original (ideally with no labels) Castle Rock Newsletter '85 edition?

I have every other one, but am missing that one and can't find it, so want to have an idea so I can jump on it when I find it.

$10? $15?

Thanks!!
    Curt

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

If with that one you complete the collection, 10/15 is a good price to achieve that

Since I only have very few ones, I always pay less than 8 dls (S/H included) to get one.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

A general question to the proof-lovin' subset of the collector population on the forum: would anyone else besides me be interested in a listing of known proof dustjackets? This information could easily be added to the first post of this tread (just like there is the 'packet of art' information for some proofs).

I only just found out that there is a proof DJ for the US Eyes of the Dragon, for example.

Others I know about are The Bachman Books, Rose Madder, Desperation, The Regulators, Nightmares in the Sky (all US) and Rose Madder, Lisey's Story, From A Buick 8 and On Writing (all UK).

Are there more? And which of these proof DJ's were issued with the proof/ARC itself?

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post

Are there more? And which of these proof DJ's were issued with the proof/ARC itself?
    I suspect, but do not know for certain, that proofs were done for all the dust jackets. I think that is a normal part of the process in the art department of publishing houses. Trial dust jackets with different artwork are probably done to find the one that will be the final product. Sometimes these "leak out" and are married to finished books and proofs by collectors. Sometimes the proof itself is issued with a dust jacket. I don't know how one would go about sorting all that out.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

These are the proof dust jackets I own:

US

Cujo
    The Uncut Stand
    Nightmares and Dreamscapes
    Rose Madder - unused variation
    Cycle of the Werewolf paperback
    Nightmares in the Sky
    Desperation
    The Regulators
    The Gunslinger Mass Market PB Cover Orange
    The Gunslinger Mass Market PB Cover Silver

UK

The Dark Half
    Four Past Midnight - unused variation
    The Uncut Stand
    Black House (black)
    Black House (white)
    On Writing
    Lisey's Story - unused variation
    Prime Evil

As Bob said, I'm sure there are LOTS more out there.

John

Country
    Country Flag

I agree with you both, but I think it would be nice to know which proof jackets are currently circulating among collectors (and how they differ from the final DJs). After all, the proof list in post #1 of the thread is basically nothing more than that, too - a list of the proofs that are circulating among collectors (while we can be pretty sure there were pre-publication states for other titles as well, but they simply didn't find their way into our community).

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I am pretty sure i have a proof jacket of the US version of The Dark Half. Anyone else have or seen one of these? i am at work and cannot give particulars at the moment but when i get home i can. Also have a couple mistake jackets , just for the novelty . The stand uncut without the words "The Stand" on it. That whole area is black !

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Most of the "proof" dust jackets I have (such as the UK Stand and the two UK Black House ones) are identical to the trade jacket except the price is listed as 0.00. The ones I have listed as "Unused variation" are different from the trade ones eventually used. I consider these latter ones more collectible than the others.

John

Country
    Country Flag

The ones I have listed as "Unused variation" are different from the trade ones eventually used. I consider these latter ones more collectible than the others.

John
    Me too! By the way, I guess you should list your UK On Writing proof DJ as an unused variation as well.

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

If I remember correctly, my US Dark Half has blank flaps on the inside where there is normally the authors picture and all that. Both front and back flaps are blank. Now i am curious and have to look when i get home, I think there is something else different !!

Country
    Country Flag

Please let us know Even if we're not going to make a comprehensive overview of the known proof DJs, I love this discussion (small as it may be in the grand scheme of PROOFS)!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    The ones I have listed as "Unused variation" are different from the trade ones eventually used. I consider these latter ones more collectible than the others.

John
    Me too! By the way, I guess you should list your UK On Writing proof DJ as an unused variation as well.
    You're right. I've made the change on my list.

John

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

German ARC/PROOF[IMG]
    [/IMG]

One of TWO diff. German Arc/Proofs `LESEEXEMPLAR´ from DAS MÄDCHEN´ - The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon- This Leseexemplar appears in TWO diff. versions. One cover is white the other is black. This is the white one.

Equally the ´normal´ HC´s appeared in black + white, shrink-wrapped in a
    a really cureous hart plastic packing.

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=110507050611

I ask the seller, he deliverd to the USA, pls ask before bidding regarding delivery cost´s...

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've updated the list in the first post to add the ARC of Blockade Billy.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 261 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast