Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 261 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 6521

Thread: Stephen King Proofs

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Probably. I'm not sure who won the auction. It could have been carlosdetweiller. It's the same book.

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    is it the same one that MrRabbitTrick mentionned the other day, (and provided an ebay link)?
    Yes. And Bob won it.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Some King related proofs in this lot. Starting prices of $8.99

http://shop.ebay.com/rainman66/m.htm...dkw=&_osacat=0

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Some King related proofs in this lot. Starting prices of $8.99

http://shop.ebay.com/rainman66/m.htm...dkw=&_osacat=0
    I saw those. Although I'm not particularly interested in any of them, it once again reminded me of how annoying it can be when you really want something and the seller is not willing to ship to your location

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just received the galley proof of Stephen King Goes to the Movies. I updated the list on the first page of this thread with a better description.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Should that be on the list? It's not a King book.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Sure it is -- it's a collection of King stories.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It contains:

The Mangler
    Low Men in Yellow Coats (Hearts in Atlantis)
    Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption (The Shawshank Redemption)
    Children of the Corn

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    My mistake. I thought it was a collection of scripts of the films. Now I know they are all stories that have already been collected in other collections.

What a waste of paper!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    My mistake. I thought it was a collection of scripts of the films. Now I know they are all stories that have already been collected in other collections.

What a waste of paper!
    Seconded!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, in its defense (and I agree--it's not much of a defense), each story has a short introduction by King that's new. It's worth the price of the mass-market paperback maybe, but not much more.

John

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Proof vs. ARC vs. Trade

Ok I would like some info here.

Proofs: Are these always in paperback? If they do have a DJ what makes it different then the Trade?

ARCs: Do these always look like the Trade edition? Will the DJ have a price?

Basically I am looking for the points of proof on these editions, and what has changed over the years with them if anything. Do these have the initial ISBN number on them?

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

jhanic's your man, Christine.

Here's a link to his collection of proofs/ARCs - enjoy!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Country
    Country Flag

... and don't forget this thread (buried on page 3 of Calvin's Corner right now) which has all the information and discussions on proofs/ARCs in general (and King proofs/ARCs in particular) you ever wished for

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to merge this into the SK Proof thread. There is a ton of information in there, and it's good that the thread is getting a bump.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineB View Post
    Ok I would like some info here.

Proofs: Are these always in paperback? If they do have a DJ what makes it different then the Trade?

ARCs: Do these always look like the Trade edition? Will the DJ have a price?

Basically I am looking for the points of proof on these editions, and what has changed over the years with them if anything. Do these have the initial ISBN number on them?
    Very briefly and incomplete, but just to get a general idea:

I've never seen a hardcover proof, although this depends on the definition of what a proof is (see above threads). The Under The Dome hardcover ARC was also issued with a DJ stating 'proof', but this is the only instance I know of (and again, this UTD hardcover is generally perceived as being an ARC).

Typically, a proof is a softbound, uncorrected version of the book, preceding the ARC.

ARCs are usually the copies that are sent out to reviewers prior to publication. They are also softbound, in virtually all cases (the UTD ARC and the slipcased Gerald's Game are exceptions). They can have the trade artwork (Bag of Bones, for example) but just as often they're bound in plain, colored wrappers - the light blue Scribner books, for instance).

I'm sure John and other high-end collectors can provide further and more complete information

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Christine, I had published an article about this exact topic wherein I quoted Ken Lopez's information defining things:

http://www.hyraxia.com/the-newspaper...ohn-hanic.html

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

John

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Default signed proofs

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Question to the ARC/proof collectors here. Do you also collect signed copies of these?. I'm sure they are a lot harder to find than Signed trade 1st. How rare is it to find signed ARC/proofs?.
    Other than the ones that were issued as signed proofs (ie, The Green Mile contest proof), signed proofs are very, very scarce. I do not own any (again, other than The Green Mile contest proof). I know wizard's rainbow owns a signed copy of the UK Dark Tower VII proof that he had autographed at a signing. I assume carlosdetweiller also has one or more.

I have heard that King does not like to sign proofs at his signings. I don't know just how strict he is on this, though.

I do know that some signed proofs show up on eBay occasionally, but I wouldn't trust those unless I knew and trusted the seller.

John
    I ALWAYS try to get a proof prior to going to any signing and have had King sign a few without any hesitation... Did not get my Under The Dome proof signed though................................ not yet anyway

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Default signed proofs

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

I have heard that King does not like to sign proofs at his signings. I don't know just how strict he is on this, though.
    I've not heard that. I know that Chris Cavalier got his proofs of THE SHINING and NIGHT SHIFT signed at the Betts signing in 1998.

That's the only signing I have been to but I have heard that King basically signs pretty much anything put in front of him. The bookstore employees generally move up and down the signing line telling people a bunch of rules (or so I've heard) but when you finally get to King he is usually pretty accommodating.
    EXACTLY.....SO TRUE

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it was Anne Rice the one that didn't like to sign her proofs, not King. I remember Kenny (Dolan) talking about that when he went to a signing in NY.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Shining proof

Feel free to ask me any specific questions you have regarding proofs, etc. I'll do my best to answer you.

John
    Any Idea how many "The Shining" Proofs are out there?
    Tried researching in this forum...have read 1st 34 pages and previoudly the last several without finding mention of The Shinnig " proofs other than Bob's Galley manuscript. I own one and I know of another collector with one. I assume there are a few more yet have heard rumor that may only be 1/2 dozen or so? Had it with me in NY with hopes of finding an opportunity to have Mr King sign on 11/10/09 as it includes a sheet in the proof titled SALES REPRESENTATIVES REPORT ON MATERIAL READ which was dated 11/10/76.
    Apparently this was suppose to be completed and returned (and was not)

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't own one (nor do I realistically expect to ever own one) but I'd say there are probably fewer than a dozen still in existence. I know of a few more than you mention, but not many.

John

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Randall for finding this for me. I will in the future try to dig futher into the forums for answers before posting.

Thanks John for posting all this info too, good to have when some ebayer states a BCE must be a special review copy cause it doesn't state BCE or have a price on the DJ. *rolleyes*

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Randall for finding this for me. I will in the future try to dig futher into the forums for answers before posting.
    You are welcome. We all are here to help.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks John for posting all this info too, good to have when some ebayer states a BCE must be a special review copy cause it doesn't state BCE or have a price on the DJ. *rolleyes*
    I'm glad to be able to help. By the way, don't worry about missing something and posting something that's already been asked. There's a TON of information on this site and it's easy to miss things. Sometimes I even forget that I had posted something and post it again. Of course, I have the excuse that I had a "senior moment"!

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 261 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast