Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 230 of 262 FirstFirst ... 130 180 220 228 229 230 231 232 240 ... LastLast
Results 5,726 to 5,750 of 6527

Thread: Stephen King Proofs

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Gerald posted a proof of the UK edition of Cycle of the Werewolf on his FB page.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Added UK proof of Cycle of the Werewolf to the listing.

John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Here's the pic (proof on the left):

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing. Didn't know this existed.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That isn't the cool part for me... the Wrightson remarque... is. I have yet to see one and that is very detailed to say the least!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

This is the rare variant--my notes show 16 copies done.

John

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi!
    As these proofs rarely come up for sale, this may be a tough one to answer, but does anyone have any ideas on the market value of the oblong Doubleday proofs?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Hi!
    As these proofs rarely come up for sale, this may be a tough one to answer, but does anyone have any ideas on the market value of the oblong Doubleday proofs?
    Well David has one listed... if that helps. I know it has been for sale for some time though.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Hi!
    Well David has one listed... if that helps. I know it has been for sale for some time though.
    Thanks Kris, I spotted that one - I was hoping for an unsigned value and I suspect that one is towards the upper end of the market value.

Country
    Country Flag

The ones I've seen for sale since I started collecting (and learned about proofs in the first place) went in the $3000-5000 range if I recall correctly (one or two copies of Night Shift and a mangled copy of The Stand). I don't remember what the Carrie proof cost that Matt got. Obviously, one or more copies of the other Doubleday proofs changed hands as well over the past couple of years because we've seen some pics from time to time but these weren't sold through the usual online channels I think.

Presuming equal condition I'd say that Carrie would be the most expensive one, followed by The Stand, 'Salem's Lot, Night Shift and The Shining.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    The ones I've seen for sale since I started collecting (and learned about proofs in the first place) went in the $3000-5000 range if I recall correctly (one or two copies of Night Shift and a mangled copy of The Stand). I don't remember what the Carrie proof cost that Matt got. Obviously, one or more copies of the other Doubleday proofs changed hands as well over the past couple of years because we've seen some pics from time to time but these weren't sold through the usual online channels I think.

Presuming equal condition I'd say that Carrie would be the most expensive one, followed by The Stand, 'Salem's Lot, Night Shift and The Shining.
    Thanks Michaël. Very interesting. Were the $3000-5000 prices quite some time ago?

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Hi Jon,
    Based on the prices I paid, Salem's Lot the 2 I bought unsigned were 12k+
    Night Shift over 12k
    Unsigned Shining little less,
    Add a signarure and price seems to jump greatly
    Cant speak for Stand as I don't have one & Carrie galley I wouldnt sell but turned down 1st state Salem's Lot these are so hard to come up and people dont want to part with them

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    Hi Jon,
    Night Shift over 12k
    Cant speak for Stand as I don't have one & Carrie galley I wouldnt sell but turned down 1st state Salem's Lot these are so hard to come up and people dont want to part with them
    Matt, did I read this right... you turned down a 1st state Salems for the Carrie proof on an even trade?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

There were a couple much smaller items also included in offer but yes correct turned it down

Country
    Country Flag

The sales I'm referring to were probably about eight years ago for Night Shift and two years ago for The Stand but I may be mistaken. Not very recent in any case. The Stand especially was in bad shape. I believe that Mike Pasiuk may have bought that one off eBay. Night Shift was also an eBay sale that Bob initially won for about $800 but then the seller didn't come through and relisted it at a much higher price. That one somehow ended up at Betts if I'm not mistaken and I believe it sold for $5000. I don't remember the specifics but it's all chronicled somewhere in the proofs thread or elsewhere on the forum.

Country
    Country Flag

There were a couple much smaller items also included in offer but yes correct turned it down
    Absolutely incredible. Thanks for sharing the info Matt.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Jon,
    Night Shift over 12k
    Thanks for the help, Matt, those are amazing prices. I think, like you, I would not part with your Carrie proof (but that's me being a proof addict). It seems to be one-of-a-kind. I would love your The Shining signed proof, but a bit beyond me at the moment.

The sales I'm referring to were probably about eight years ago for Night Shift and two years ago for The Stand but I may be mistaken. Not very recent in any case. The Stand especially was in bad shape. I believe that Mike Pasiuk may have bought that one off eBay. Night Shift was also an eBay sale that Bob initially won for about $800 but then the seller didn't come through and relisted it at a much higher price. That one somehow ended up at Betts if I'm not mistaken and I believe it sold for $5000. I don't remember the specifics but it's all chronicled somewhere in the proofs thread or elsewhere on the forum.
    Thanks Michaël. Thanks for the stories, definitely very interesting.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...l=1#post926796

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Oh, and I think the Night Shift proof went for about $4000. IIRC, it was first listed for a lot less and I think Bob grabbed it, but then the listing was pulled because the seller had come to the conclusion he could get a lot more for it. It was then purchased by a TDT member and later sold through Betts when he decided to quit collecting.

I may be wrong on some of the details but this is my recollection.
    It was a long time ago and my memory is hazy too. The proof was found when someone was cleaning out a rental house. The condition was not that great. They thought it might be valuable and got a friend to list it on eBay. It was poorly listed and didn't show up on the usual searches. I think I was the high bidder at something like $300. I, of course, paid immediately but the lister said the owner would not sell at that price. No amount of gentle arguing (legally binding contract, etc.) could get them to let me have it. I guess it was relisted but I was pissed and didn't pay any attention to the subsequent listing.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

Oh, and I think the Night Shift proof went for about $4000. IIRC, it was first listed for a lot less and I think Bob grabbed it, but then the listing was pulled because the seller had come to the conclusion he could get a lot more for it. It was then purchased by a TDT member and later sold through Betts when he decided to quit collecting.

It was a long time ago and my memory is hazy too. The proof was found when someone was cleaning out a rental house. The condition was not that great. They thought it might be valuable and got a friend to list it on eBay. It was poorly listed and didn't show up on the usual searches. I think I was the high bidder at something like $300. I, of course, paid immediately but the lister said the owner would not sell at that price. No amount of gentle arguing (legally binding contract, etc.) could get them to let me have it. I guess it was relisted but I was pissed and didn't pay any attention to the subsequent listing.
    What do you do for a living? I feel like you should be a PI

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

What do you do for a living? I feel like you should be a PI
    I'm a cabinetman who works as a remodel contractor specializing in kitchens & baths.

I read almost every thread on the site, especially in Calvin's Corner. I happen to have a good memory and an ability to use the search function.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Any member interested in Doubleday Uncorrected Proof of Shining SIGNED by King let me know. I have on ebay for 12.5k will subtract fees for members. Multiple well respected members were present when proof was signed in Bangor on November 6th, 2016.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 230 of 262 FirstFirst ... 130 180 220 228 229 230 231 232 240 ... LastLast