Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 222 of 261 FirstFirst ... 122 172 212 220 221 222 223 224 232 ... LastLast
Results 5,526 to 5,550 of 6521

Thread: Stephen King Proofs

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by neo_trinity View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Well I'm really just reiterating what I have read on the forum but as far as anyone knows there is no Carrie proof state (oblong or not), only the ARC. Rumours about a proof state and a different ARC state have been circulating for a long time though.

Bob (carlosdetweiller) has a picture somewhere (probably in this thread) with the proofs of the other early Doubleday books and three of them (NIGHT SHIFT, THE SHINING and THE STAND) are oblong shaped. This is probably why a putative CARRIE proof state is also thought to be in a similar format.
    In honor of the 41st Anniversary of my earliest Stephen King signature, I would like to share with you all, my “Doubleday Nine”.

While I have been reluctant in the past to share publicly my collection, the last few months with my son have forced me to re-evaluate my decisions. He is 14 months old now and while I am trying my best to teach him about sharing with others, I would be hypocritical in my part, if I don’t do the same.

In the words of a great story teller from Middle Earth, “Nine for Mortal Men, doomed to die.”

I hope you enjoy.
    Gerald

Here are the trinity proofs you referred to above.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

AMAZING proofs....

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing, Gerald! Absolutely stunning. The traycases are beautiful as well. Hope you and your family are doing great!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually, his post is a quote from some time. It's been a long time since Gerald posted (Gerald...it's a good time to amaze us again )
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

He has shown us many items that I did not know existed. Heard rumors of some of them and he has them. Amazing.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Why are the proofs dirty? Or are they? Some of them have a strange look to them.. anyone have info on that?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

The publishers letter was stuck to the cover so what you're seeing is the glue residue.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    The publishers letter was stuck to the cover so what you're seeing is the glue residue.
    Thanks Paul! Was that not something one would want to keep on there?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe someone else can chime in but I believe over time they simply fell off as the glue didn't hold.

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe someone else can chime in but I believe over time they simply fell off as the glue didn't hold.
    Yes Paul, that discoloration is the former glue residue that was used to hold the information sheet to the cover. I am not sure when in the past 40 years they were removed, but they were. I have a few loose sheets that were at one point affixed to the covers, but now they are kept separate in mylar sleeves.

Whether or not the sales rep removed them to hand back to Doubleday editing department, the lucky reviewer, or an owner that was selling it at a flea market in Connecticut ($1 for The Shining copy) I do not know, but the glue has long since dried up and fallen off.

Gerald

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neo_trinity View Post
    Yes Paul, that discoloration is the former glue residue that was used to hold the information sheet to the cover. I am not sure when in the past 40 years they were removed, but they were. I have a few loose sheets that were at one point affixed to the covers, but now they are kept separate in mylar sleeves.

Whether or not the sales rep removed them to hand back to Doubleday editing department, the lucky reviewer, or an owner that was selling it at a flea market in Connecticut ($1 for The Shining copy) I do not know, but the glue has long since dried up and fallen off.

Gerald
    GERALD!!!! Welcome back man!!!!!!!!!! As our good buddy Smith would say "we've missed you...."
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

1$? Now that's the deal of a lifetime!

Welcome back Gerald!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice to see you around here again Gerald and thanks for the clarification.

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for all the nice comments to answer a couple of you yes these new onnes are doubles. My set of Doubleday Proofs. The Carrie and top Salem's aren't photographing well with cell.

The Salem's Lot next to each other both Fine one is a little more vibrant.

This is a cool piece that came with the new Shining. It is a slip sent to those who received the proof. They were expected to fill it out and send it back.

This is a copy of the first Shining Proof as new as the day it was printed.

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

The Stand proofs are FAR from the oblong but holding the place till I can get one.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    Thanks for all the nice comments to answer a couple of you yes these new onnes are doubles. My set of Doubleday Proofs. The Carrie and top Salem's aren't photographing well with cell.

This is a cool piece that came with the new Shining. It is a slip sent to those who received the proof. They were expected to fill it out and send it back.

Man.. how do you do it?????????????????????????????????????????? Seriously man.... AMAZING.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post

Man.. how do you do it?????????????????????????????????????????? Seriously man.... AMAZING.
    I love them! So many without the glue stains too! Amazing!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wonderful !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Four past Midnight-nice price!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

States "New", but starts at $100:
    Desperation by Stephen King (1996, Paperback)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

GIRL WHO LOVED TOM GORDON A POP UP :
    A VERY RARE UNCORRECTED DUMMY PROOF BOUND IN WHITE WITH A SMALL PASTE DOWN AND STICKERS STATING THAT THE BOOK WAS SCHEDULED FOR PUBLICATION ON 10/12/ O4 REVIEW COVERAGE MUST NOT APPEAR BEFORE THE WEEK OF 10/12/04 AND A NAME To CONTACT FOR FINAL JACKET ART A MOST UNUSUAL TITLE IN GREAT SHAPE APPEARS UNREAD A MOST ELABORATE POP UP BOOK POP-UP OF RADIO HAS SLIGHT CURL.

>>> http://www.abebooks.com/GIRL-WHO-LOV...&afn_sr=impact
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    The Four past Midnight-nice price!
    Thanks for posting Jerome

Thanks for commenting Mike. I thought that was a good price, but I wasn't sure.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 222 of 261 FirstFirst ... 122 172 212 220 221 222 223 224 232 ... LastLast