Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 262 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 122 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Proofs

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I decided not to bid anymore when the price went over $300. I was shocked when I saw the final price.

I do not have one yet. I am not too concerned......yet. But it is not from a lack of trying. I really feel there are more to come. Remember, Bev just got his copy a week ago as did, I suspect, other reviewers.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

But Ari got a copy on his trip to NYC a few months ago. I wonder what they're thinking!

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe the reviewers are actually reading them this time. That's why they are taking so long to come onto the market.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

When I was at Scribner I saw one box of them. The box wasn´t very big...My guess is that, if that one was the only box, it couldn´t have more than 30 arcs.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

yeah insane... but my top price was even more.

i missed out on the cell proofs, i saw 3 auctions that went to high for me at the time... and haven't seen one since. been looking and looking...but nothings surfaced.
    been kicking myself in the butt since.

and these sunset full proofs seem to be going the same route.

anyone that wants to sell me their cell proof for the same price, i'll be happy to pay it.

insane? yep, but let's see how many of you lucky owners of the cell proof contact me.

probably waaaay overpaid... but at least i'm not on the outside looking in this time.

besides, haven't bought much all year.... so i'm due.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Woo Hoo Robert is emailing his contact at Scribner to see if we can get ARCS!! WEEE
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hmm... just throwing it out there - does anyone have a contact at Penguin Canada and/or Viking Canada?

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Default Just After Suset proof

Congratulations Sir Boomme! You and I are on the exact same page. I was the
    $555 bid! I missed out on a number of Cell proofs (and yes I'd buy one if anyone wants to sell!). I think the price is high but I hope there is more coming. Hey, it's collecting, sometimes you pay too much, sometimes you get a bargain, hopefully it all works out! I dare say we have all spent too much on something at one time or another!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    yeah insane... but my top price was even more.

i missed out on the cell proofs, i saw 3 auctions that went to high for me at the time... and haven't seen one since. been looking and looking...but nothings surfaced.
    been kicking myself in the butt since.

and these sunset full proofs seem to be going the same route.

anyone that wants to sell me their cell proof for the same price, i'll be happy to pay it.

insane? yep, but let's see how many of you lucky owners of the cell proof contact me.

probably waaaay overpaid... but at least i'm not on the outside looking in this time.

besides, haven't bought much all year.... so i'm due.
    The difference, IMO, with the CELL proof is that there are some within Scribner who have claimed (even fairly recently) that a proof was NOT done. Of course we all know that a few copies do exist. And the CELL proof's scarcity has passed the test of time. To my knowledge a copy has not been on the market for at least two years.

JUST PAST SUNSET has only been in the hands of some reviewers for a little over a week. It's ultimate scarcity is purely conjecture at this point. Still, I DO NOT have a copy and have been searching. I will probably end up spending way too much also. As "sentinel" pointed out - it is collecting! Over time you get some bargains and other times you take it in the rear.

Country
    Country Flag

Also -

Anyone got a contact at Hodder & Stoughton?

**Edit - I'm not trying to steal your King ARCs, I need to know who to contact for ARCs of another author!**

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

For you doubters out there!

John
    Attached Images

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Being nosy : what do guys think are more valuable? (even though is subjective)

An uncorrected arc/ proof, or a corrected one? (not by King or someone 'famous' or close to SK)
    Does correcting reduce the percieved value?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I have one on the way....WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! Now I hope it gets here before the even so I can try to get it signed.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Karen! I didn't think he was signing anything extra, though. I hope you can get it signed anyway!

John

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    I have one on the way....WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! Now I hope it gets here before the even so I can try to get it signed.
    Dang! That was quick. I wish it were so easy for me.

Gunslinger Apprentice natehorning is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

And the CELL proof's scarcity has passed the test of time. To my knowledge a copy has not been on the market for at least two years.
    I was checking The Strand's website one day maybe six months ago and they had one listed for sale without a price. I called them and tried not to get my hopes up which was a good idea since they had just sold it. They didn't say how much it cost but just seeing one available was surprising enough. I had hoped it would turn up here as someone's New Pride and Joy thread but it never did.

Nate

Quote Originally Posted by natehorning View Post

And the CELL proof's scarcity has passed the test of time. To my knowledge a copy has not been on the market for at least two years.
    I was checking The Strand's website one day maybe six months ago and they had one listed for sale without a price. I called them and tried not to get my hopes up which was a good idea since they had just sold it. They didn't say how much it cost but just seeing one available was surprising enough. I had hoped it would turn up here as someone's New Pride and Joy thread but it never did.

Nate
    I think it was priced at $100, but it was a well-read/used copy. It also showed up on ABE but was sold before I could buy it. I think I know who bought it. I had forgotten about that one.

BTW, Nate, you outbid me the other day on that variant Gunslinger edition. I thought that one was going to sneak by everyone because of the listing title but you saw it too. Good going!

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by natehorning View Post

Nate
    I think it was priced at $100, but it was a well-read/used copy. It also showed up on ABE but was sold before I could buy it. I think I know who bought it. I had forgotten about that one.

BTW, Nate, you outbid me the other day on that variant Gunslinger edition. I thought that one was going to sneak by everyone because of the listing title but you saw it too. Good going!
    That copy was bought by Greg and is now in my collection. It was part of a trade.

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

wow karen,congrats on the proof.wouldnt that be a rare and special thing: a signed JAS ARC/Proof!!!!
    PS. CAN YOU GET ANY MORE??

Country
    Country Flag

Alright, I gotta admit ignorance here ... what variant Gunslinger?!?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

An uncorrected arc/ proof, or a corrected one? (not by King or someone 'famous' or close to SK)
    Proofs are, by definition, uncorrected. In fact, that's what their primary purpose is -- to be the next-to-last version of the book so any outstanding mistakes can be located and corrected before printing.

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Alright, I gotta admit ignorance here ... what variant Gunslinger?!?
    Here is the eBay listing for the auction Nate won. The info you want is in the auction description.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEDW:IT&ih=006

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by shnnrc01 View Post
    wow karen,congrats on the proof.wouldnt that be a rare and special thing: a signed JAS ARC/Proof!!!!
    PS. CAN YOU GET ANY MORE??
    I can't, cause I am not getting them. The boss is. And he will not get extra just for me to sell. Wouldn't look to good to the publisher. But they give him a couple as a courtesy.

Sorry

And John, I know it says no outside books, but I am hoping that since it is a Just After Sunset, that they might make an exception. Ya know. Can't hurt to try.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So are there any job openings at Grant? Maybe something one could do on a virtual/remote basis?

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

Proofs are, by definition, uncorrected. In fact, that's what their primary purpose is -- to be the next-to-last version of the book so any outstanding mistakes can be located and corrected before printing.
    yeah, but i aint wrong, some are sent to be proofread and get corrected before sent back to the publisher, officially, na?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 262 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 122 ... LastLast