Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 212 of 262 FirstFirst ... 112 162 202 210 211 212 213 214 222 ... LastLast
Results 5,276 to 5,300 of 6527

Thread: Stephen King Proofs

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    I am officially starting the Matt Fisher Fan Club.
    membership dues. $5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I'm starting the Glenn Fan Club now. Membership is $10.
    Are these dues monthly, yearly? Or do these prices get one a lifetime paid up membership? So many questions to be answered.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

As self appointed VP I can say with confidence that the $5 membership is once per year. That $5 pays to keep the awards certificates ad free.*

* Maybe. Nobody tells me anything.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

May I respectfully submit that we get back to Stephen King proofs discussions?

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    May I respectfully submit that we get back to Stephen King proofs discussions?

John
    We should move along with the "MFFC" posts, (to a new thread or to Random Comments) but the information/accusations, etc. regarding the controversy and acquisition of the recent proof are encouraged, not discouraged.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any idea how many Viking Gunslinger Proofs were circulated?

I'm probably gonna' sell mine as was curious.

Tks.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post

Tks.
    SOLD!

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Tks.
    I will offer $100 dollars for it! Either a $100 bill, TWO 50's ...okay...okay...drive a hard bargain... 100 $1 bills.

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

First off I was the first and second buyer. The listing which had no bids clearly stated in the description in enlarged bold lettering "offers welcome", at which point I sent an offer they were happy to accept at which time I hit buy it now which was followed by a screen to then click commit to buy stating that I was entering a legal binding contract and was responsible for payment which I made immediately. I was then thanked for shopping at their eBay store for the purchase I made.* A couple hours later I was informed they were canceling due to someone wanted to pay a higher price.* This was done by phone call and email by collectors that wanted the item and offered more.* The first phone interaction/conversation* was when I contacted the seller at a reasonable time the following morning.* We spoke for quite awhile about the proof and other things.* I was asked to call back at a specific time which I did.* Before the first conversation I talked to ebay.* Canceling for a higher amount is not an appropriate reason ebay confirmed.* I was told I could leave negative feedback and due to the high amount of the item I could press the issue to seller possibly not being able to continue selling.* I was also told that yes it was a legally binding contract that had been breached and they had a department to help in pursuit.* These are things I did not want to pursue as I only wanted the item I had paid for.* EBay suggested contacting the seller and try to work it out, this is the option I chose.* Over 30 collectors of such high morals tried to buy it out from under me.* Collector here then suggested the item be reported stolen, misplaced or lost and then sell it to them under the table.* As not impressed by this and the* couple high end collectors idea they were told that they were either selling the proof to me or keeping it for themselves. Finally we came to an agreed upon amount as selling to anyone else seller said would be against there principles.* The seller and I had a very pleasant and lengthy conversation.* I was told that in the end they were happy it was going to me and they/seller asked if it would be OK to increase the shipping cost because a gift was being sent as well and would cost extra in shipping.* With the transaction ending with both parties satisfied.* The seller truly is a stand-up person!* The seller surprised me by including a generous gift and an invitation to stop by and visit next time I was in the area.* Also employee still has his job.

ATTENTION MFFC MEMBERS:
    The MFFC Newsletter for February will be sent out on the 1st so keep an eye on your inbox, members will want to be on there toes as the gifts will be going in order of first to respond.* Glenn and RF* as my first and second in command will be handling all future questions and dispersing of monthly gifts.

I wish ALL members only the best

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Tks.
    It's one of the scarcer ones, but I have no idea how many were done. They seldom come up for sale. I think a number are held by collectors because it IS The Gunslinger.

John

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    First off I was the first and second buyer. The listing which had no bids clearly stated in the description in enlarged bold lettering "offers welcome", at which point I sent an offer they were happy to accept at which time I hit buy it now which was followed by a screen to then click commit to buy stating that I was entering a legal binding contract and was responsible for payment which I made immediately. I was then thanked for shopping at their eBay store for the purchase I made.* A couple hours later I was informed they were canceling due to someone wanted to pay a higher price.* This was done by phone call and email by collectors that wanted the item and offered more.* The first phone interaction/conversation* was when I contacted the seller at a reasonable time the following morning.* We spoke for quite awhile about the proof and other things.* I was asked to call back at a specific time which I did.* Before the first conversation I talked to ebay.* Canceling for a higher amount is not an appropriate reason ebay confirmed.* I was told I could leave negative feedback and due to the high amount of the item I could press the issue to seller possibly not being able to continue selling.* I was also told that yes it was a legally binding contract that had been breached and they had a department to help in pursuit.* These are things I did not want to pursue as I only wanted the item I had paid for.* EBay suggested contacting the seller and try to work it out, this is the option I chose.* Over 30 collectors of such high morals tried to buy it out from under me.* Collector here then suggested the item be reported stolen, misplaced or lost and then sell it to them under the table.* As not impressed by this and the* couple high end collectors idea they were told that they were either selling the proof to me or keeping it for themselves. Finally we came to an agreed upon amount as selling to anyone else seller said would be against there principles.* The seller and I had a very pleasant and lengthy conversation.* I was told that in the end they were happy it was going to me and they/seller asked if it would be OK to increase the shipping cost because a gift was being sent as well and would cost extra in shipping.* With the transaction ending with both parties satisfied.* The seller truly is a stand-up person!* The seller surprised me by including a generous gift and an invitation to stop by and visit next time I was in the area.* Also employee still has his job.

ATTENTION MFFC MEMBERS:
    The MFFC Newsletter for February will be sent out on the 1st so keep an eye on your inbox, members will want to be on there toes as the gifts will be going in order of first to respond.* Glenn and RF* as my first and second in command will be handling all future questions and dispersing of monthly gifts.

Thanks Matt. I appreciate you coming here and adding addition information and clarification as to how the transaction (from your perspective) occured.
    You didn't need to do that, and I'm sure some people-had they obtained the item, would have kept quiet.

I've often said to a fellow collector "I'd trip my own mother to get ahead of you for King's signature!".
    She agreed and said she would trip my mother too.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

As I never had a horse in this race, I'm just glad to hear no one lost their job over the transaction.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Matt
    Nice job. Wish I had seen it but was in China working...

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

There you have it! 30 people and how many from this site I ponder. Curiouser and curiouser....

I didn't know this was a practice, but will have to keep on my toes a bit I guess. Good to know what happened and good to know it is eat or be eaten no matter how friendly everyone is on here.

(I can think of a number of times I could have purchased a lot of books versus alerting people here instead and just buying 1. Now I will have to make sure I cover my arse 100% before posting anything. Okay, prison rules...I get it.)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post

ATTENTION MFFC MEMBERS:

I probably should pay you $6k (Plus shipping of course) and get rid of this drama for you. I didn't offer any money to the seller so am impartial and this way at least I am happy and it shows that good karma does win out. After weighing all options, it seems this is the best outcome for me. haha!

p.s. I can't wait to hear what the "gift" is. Might be pretty neat if it is of the caliber of the Carrie item. Sissy Spacek's finger? So many possible things...

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting story on the proof. Quite the topic of conversation. I can not pretend to know all the details of the transaction.
    I know I too have bought King items and sold them later for more money. My guess is most people on this forum have bought something and sold it for more money, especially to help buy something else they really want.
    I'm a collector first and foremost. I love the "hunt" to get an item from my want list.
    Sometimes I have had to sell maybe a double or triple to pay for an item. I do not have unlimited funds, but wish I did.
    I hate to sell an item-especially one I only have one of.
    I've had my fair share of items sold out from under me before the auction ended and also made deals for items too.
    Does this make me a bad guy or just a collector trying to better my collection?
    I know I've bought myself a few books from Matt over the years and each and every one was as described and delivered fast and packed well, which I like of course. Did he make money on the books, probably, but I decided I wanted them and after negotiating we made some deals. I felt like I got a "deal" in my mind.
    I've only met him once and that was a very quick meeting in Maine as he was busy tracking King down for signatures, like some others.
    Being a large collector of proofs, I would have love to have seen it for sale.
    Anyway, it's not mine and probably won't ever be mine sadly.
    There are not many proofs I do not have but that is for sure one of them.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    Interesting story on the proof. Quite the topic of conversation. I can not pretend to know all the details of the transaction.
    I know I too have bought King items and sold them later for more money. My guess is most people on this forum have bought something and sold it for more money, especially to help buy something else they really want.
    I'm a collector first and foremost. I love the "hunt" to get an item from my want list.
    Sometimes I have had to sell maybe a double or triple to pay for an item. I do not have unlimited funds, but wish I did.
    I've had my fair share of items sold out from under me before the auction ended and also made deals for items too.
    I know I've bought myself a few books from Matt over the years and each and every one was as described and delivered fast and packed well, which I like of course. Did he make money on the books, probably, but I decided I wanted them and after negotiating we made some deals. I felt like I got a "deal" in my mind.
    I've only met him once and that was a very quick meeting in Maine as he was busy tracking King down for signatures, like some others.
    Well said!

This was definitely one of those insanely rare items, so tough to see it appear and disappear so fast, but that is the nature of collecting as you said!

I'm glad I got to see it and know of it's existence at least. I think $6k is a STELLAR deal the more I think of it too. Considering the cost of the other known super rare items, it would seem that Matt got an amazing deal (even if the price doubled on him during the sale process). I'm not claiming to be an expert, but at the right time/audience, doesn't this incredibly rare item sell for 10x what he paid?

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

No it doesn't sell for 60,000. Seriously?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It was reported that one person was prepared to pay $20K for it.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    No it doesn't sell for 60,000. Seriously?
    That is why I was asking. I don't know.

Salem's lot - 5 super rare states = @$75k value as evidenced by actual sales.

In this case, at least one offer was made of $20k it sounds like around the lightning fast BIN auction (obviously listed incorrectly and at the wrong time, etc...).

If listed correctly or sold by an auction house with correct marketing, then what do YOU think it sells for? Anyone can save up and buy a 1st/1st Carrie, but no matter how much money you have, you cannot buy this item unless the ONE owner decides to sell.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by CurtSeattle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    Well said!

This was definitely one of those insanely rare items, so tough to see it appear and disappear so fast, but that is the nature of collecting as you said!

I'm glad I got to see it and know of it's existence at least. I think $6k is a STELLAR deal the more I think of it too. Considering the cost of the other known super rare items, it would seem that Matt got an amazing deal (even if the price doubled on him during the sale process). I'm not claiming to be an expert, but at the right time/audience, doesn't this incredibly rare item sell for 10x what he paid?

I
    As President of the MFFC I would be remiss not to point out that this exact pointless and stupid question post is what got me in trouble and my position! Refer to slow mutants post above. all questions about this proof/arc And its value should be cleared by slow mutant.

In my ignorance of SK collecting (as slow mute) pointed out, we mere mortals can't and should not even speculate its value, please defer this question to Sm. keep in mind.he has actually seen a flat signed Carrie manuscript and it was signed by Stephen King!

I asked the very same question. And was appointed president. I only had the position for one day and it sounds like you are trying to take my job��. You must of heard about all the perks I am getting! Matt has promised me a plane ride to a foriegn country to pick up future great purchases that he makes. As president, I also get to SEE this manuscript/proof in person!

as a stupid Non worthy king collecter, I would speculate incorrectly that this first state Carrie proof would generate a lot of interest amongst both collectors not just king collectors. I would also speculate a minimum of 40 to 50 K but that's just me.

I would like to see this go to an auction house and then we would know for sure

if PS publishing was selling it for 50 K would be little low.

I would Also suggest a Glenn Chadbourne remark before trying to sell it

Disclaimer: I am kidding in 90% of this post

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

My only comment on all this is the recommendation that improper use of "remark" versus "remarque" by any user should be a punishable offense. Might I suggest flagellation. Well ... self-flagellation; it'll have to be on the honor system. Get to it. P.S. Very disappointed we don't have a flagellation smiley.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    My only comment on all this is the recommendation that improper use of "remark" versus "remarque" by any user should be a punishable offense. Might I suggest flagellation. Well ... self-flagellation; it'll have to be on the honor system. Get to it. P.S. Very disappointed we don't have a flagellation smiley.
    You are fighting a losing battle. The term "remarque" (even if properly spelled) is used incorrectly on this site over 90% of the time. I have tried to make this point quite a few times and you can see how successful I have been. Good luck with your efforts!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    You are fighting a losing battle. The term "remarque" (even if properly spelled) is used incorrectly on this site over 90% of the time. I have tried to make this point quite a few times and you can see how successful I have been. Good luck with your efforts!
    Language is fluid. I think at this point that the definition of remarque has been expanded beyond its original meaning.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Language is fluid. I think at this point that the definition of remarque has been expanded beyond its original meaning.
    All I know is that whenever I've asked an artist to remarque a book of mine, they've delivered. That's good enough for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 212 of 262 FirstFirst ... 112 162 202 210 211 212 213 214 222 ... LastLast