Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 192 of 262 FirstFirst ... 92 142 182 190 191 192 193 194 202 242 ... LastLast
Results 4,776 to 4,800 of 6527

Thread: Stephen King Proofs

John F. Kennedy Slow Mutants will become famous soon enough Slow Mutants will become famous soon enough Slow Mutants's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Are you saying that ebay bidders n***u, x***t, and d***n were all shill bidders?
    Yes I am.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    You're a funny man, Mark
    That he is. He had me fooled. I retract my "congratulations" post!

Quote Originally Posted by Slow Mutants View Post
    Are you saying that ebay bidders n***u, x***t, and d***n were all shill bidders?
    Yes I am.
    Report them to eBay. That's what I do when I think I'm going up against a shill bidder.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Why do you think they are fake Mark? I mean I thought it was "hinky" the whole time... but how are you so sure?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

John F. Kennedy Slow Mutants will become famous soon enough Slow Mutants will become famous soon enough Slow Mutants's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Why do you think they are fake Mark? I mean I thought it was "hinky" the whole time... but how are you so sure?
    In my job, I meet a lot of people from various industries and I have a lot of friends in Silicon Valley. eBay Security have been monitoring it for the past 2 days, and PayPal is now watching it to see what the final payment amount is.

Mark

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In my job, I meet a lot of people from various industries and I have a lot of friends in Silicon Valley. eBay Security have been monitoring it for the past 2 days, and PayPal is now watching it to see what the final payment amount is.

Mark
    Very cool. Please let us know what happens with it. Interested to know
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Mark
    Please do report back! Some of my best friends have worked at PayPal and eBay. Maybe we know the same people? Feel free to PM me!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    That one is pretty beat up.

John

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Yes I am.
    Report them to eBay. That's what I do when I think I'm going up against a shill bidder.
    yep...

Brian
    n***u has a total ebay history of of buying a couple of skirts or blouses... and a 3000.00+ proof
    while
    d***n has zero feedback and has only bid on this one book... but was willing to "shill" out 3000.00 bucks for it... but alas was outbid by n***u

luckily for n***u - x***t only had 2000.00 to throw at this proof....
    of course, x***t also has zero feedback

kind of looks like a classic shill bid scam going on to me.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ok, then how much is the damn thing really worth?

I know, I know, wrong thread.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Ok, then how much is the damn thing really worth?

I know, I know, wrong thread.
    I think Mark made a good point about the last valid bid of $801.11. I'd say that's about what this copy was worth since someone was willing to pay up to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    n***u has a total ebay history of of buying a couple of skirts or blouses... and a 3000.00+ proof
    while
    d***n has zero feedback and has only bid on this one book... but was willing to "shill" out 3000.00 bucks for it... but alas was outbid by n***u

luckily for n***u - x***t only had 2000.00 to throw at this proof....
    of course, x***t also has zero feedback

kind of looks like a classic shill bid scam going on to me.
    My assumption right now is that someone used their throwaway accounts to bid the item up to an absurd amount, with the idea being that he would then NOT pay, in an attempt to make some kind of point, although what that point is, I'm not sure.

Brian

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

to get an idea of the max amount people are willing to pay for it, so they can re-list it in the future and set a reserve near that amount.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

or to re-list it on ABE as a "different" copy... and hope people are dumb enough to see this auction and think they are getting a good deal on the "new" ABE copy

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

to get an idea of the max amount people are willing to pay for it, so they can re-list it in the future and set a reserve near that amount.
    That won't work. Apparently (and we don't know for sure yet), the book certainly can sell for over $800. If bidders retracted down to ~$800, I'm not sure what would lead the seller to think they could relist with a reserve of $>$800 and do significantly better.

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

FDNS Interoffice sold at $1300.00 instantly last week on Betts, I think 'Salem's Lot being a fan favorite could do better than FDNS

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    FDNS Interoffice sold at $1300.00 instantly last week on Betts, I think 'Salem's Lot being a fan favorite could do better than FDNS
    It's not even a signed limited.... Fascinating though...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That won't work. Apparently (and we don't know for sure yet), the book certainly can sell for over $800. If bidders retracted down to ~$800, I'm not sure what would lead the seller to think they could relist with a reserve of $>$800 and do significantly better.
    that wasn't my point... going into the auction the seller might not have had a clue as to what people would pay... thus they didn't want to list a reserve to low...
    now if the top real bid was 800.00, the seller figures he could put a reserve (or a buy it now) on it for 799.00 and at least one person is willing to pay that much for it. He can keep the auction up until that one person pays that.
    and he doesn't have to worry about it getting low-balled

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

of course... all that is hypothetical guess-work... who knows what the intentions really were other than the seller.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

that wasn't my point... going into the auction the seller might not have had a clue as to what people would pay... thus they didn't want to list a reserve to low...
    now if the top real bid was 800.00, the seller figures he could put a reserve (or a buy it now) on it for 799.00 and at least one person is willing to pay that much for it. He can keep the auction up until that one person pays that.
    and he doesn't have to worry about it getting low-balled
    I don't believe the seller had/has those intentions. I can't prove it either way, and only time will tell.
    For all we know, the top bidder could pay.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

The "proof" business is always VERY interesting...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    The "proof" business is always VERY interesting...
    There are some cutthroat bitches out there...

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

BUT there are nice guys like John Hanic and myself (among others!!!)

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

The seller has confirmed payment was received for what it's worth

+ Reply to Thread
Page 192 of 262 FirstFirst ... 92 142 182 190 191 192 193 194 202 242 ... LastLast