Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 191 of 262 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181 189 190 191 192 193 201 241 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,775 of 6527

Thread: Stephen King Proofs

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Bob you have the other 5 but not a Carrie?
    Yes. I have the other four but not Carrie.
    Wow... you do not count Pet Semetary Bob? I know some do and some do not... Can I ask why?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Wow... you do not count Pet Semetary Bob? I know some do and some do not... Can I ask why?
    No good reason, I guess. I just think of the "Doubleday books" as the first five books he published before he left for Viking. Pet Sematary was a few years later. As you know King never really intended to publish Pet Sematary. It was in a trunk gathering dust. Doubleday was holding on to years of profits from the sales of those books and King was desperate to find a way to break the contract he signed when Carrie was published. He finally offered them "one more book" which turned out to be Pet Sematary. Doubleday released the funds (millions of dollars) to King according to a payment schedule and he was finally free.

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

didn't know that , thanks for sharing!
    i also felt that PS is some kind of not a real DD , but could not say why. now i can!

Thanks!

No good reason, I guess. I just think of the "Doubleday books" as the first five books he published before he left for Viking. Pet Sematary was a few years later. As you know King never really intended to publish Pet Sematary. It was in a trunk gathering dust. Doubleday was holding on to years of profits from the sales of those books and King was desperate to find a way to break the contract he signed when Carrie was published. He finally offered them "one more book" which turned out to be Pet Sematary. Doubleday released the funds (millions of dollars) to King according to a payment schedule and he was finally free.
    Considering Doubleday originally asked King for TWO books to change the contract (from what I've heard), I've always wondered... what would that second book have been?

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

Considering Doubleday originally asked King for TWO books to change the contract (from what I've heard), I've always wondered... what would that second book have been?

Brian
    The only other trunk novel I can think of from around that time would be Blaze. I think that would have probably been the second book to end the contract, especially considering that Blaze was originally planned to be Stephen King's second novel with Doubleday instead of Salem's Lot.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Funny, I always thought King's second book was going to be Getting It On (Rage).

John

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

He submitted Roadwork to Bill Thompson at the same time as 'Salem's Lot. In the afterword to Different Seasons, he claims it was Blaze, but he couldn't very well say it was Roadwork because the Bachman pseudonym was still a secret at that time.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Bev. I was confused (again!)

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

FYI Its not only a King Proof.

(I have nothing to do with this auction.)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    RARE Stephen King's Salem's Lot ARC

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...obalID=EBAY-US
    It's over $2000 with five days yet to go!

John
    $3,051 with 9 hours to go....

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

John
    That is just absurd. No other word for it. Are we really going to see this sell for more than an original Doubleday The Stand proof??

John F. Kennedy Slow Mutants will become famous soon enough Slow Mutants will become famous soon enough Slow Mutants's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post

John
    That is just absurd. No other word for it. Are we really going to see this sell for more than an original Doubleday The Stand proof??
    I am the highest bidder on this and I am prepared to go to $10,000 to get it. I really hope I am not outbid at the last minute. I would sure hate to lose it.

Mark

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

You know I was just thinking that... Maybe I'll get CD to promote my proofs if I sell them! I'll bring in the moola!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Slow Mutants View Post

John
    I am the highest bidder on this and I am prepared to go to $10,000 to get it. I really hope I am not outbid at the last minute. I would sure hate to lose it.

Mark
    IS this a joke???
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post

You know I was just thinking that... Maybe I'll get CD to promote my proofs if I sell them! I'll bring in the moola!
    I think we've seen multiple times in the past that CD's own eBay auctions often fetch a lot more than we would have expected. They sure have a customer base with deep pockets!

Country
    Country Flag

I cannot imagine how this fetched that much. In fact.. I call bullshit. I do not think that sold for that.... no way. Someone bid it up... not sure why... but no way that sold for over $3k! My mind will not allow it. lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

John

Mark
    Hi Mark, I hope my post didn't offend you. Everyone has their own collecting goals and gets to decide for themselves what to spend their money on, and how much they're willing to pay for something. To me, the CD 'reprint' proofs will never be worth anywhere near as much as proofs for the regular trade editions (i.e., Doubleday, Viking, Scribner), hence my reaction. But if this is your current 'needful thing', I hope you get it!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Mark! May I ask why this became a "Needful Thing" to you?

John

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Mark! I'm happy you got it. I think the final selling price surprised some of us here, but I certainly know where you're coming from. I'm sure most of us can understand what it's like to really desire an item and how we might be willing to pay pretty much whatever it takes to get it. Heck, I just did the same thing on another proof I have really wanted for some time. Congratulations again and enjoy it!

John F. Kennedy Slow Mutants will become famous soon enough Slow Mutants will become famous soon enough Slow Mutants's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mark
    Hi Mark, I hope my post didn't offend you. Everyone has their own collecting goals and gets to decide for themselves what to spend their money on, and how much they're willing to pay for something. To me, the CD 'reprint' proofs will never be worth anywhere near as much as proofs for the regular trade editions (i.e., Doubleday, Viking, Scribner), hence my reaction. But if this is your current 'needful thing', I hope you get it!
    Sorry Brother, that was just my attempt at humor. A joke of sorts, just like that CD auction. There will definitely be a 2nd Chance Offer given very shortly, and it will be to a bidder much further down the list, at around $801.11, which by all accounts was the last genuine bidder.

Perhaps the high bidder, that is bidding on a $12 black mini-skirt, just decided that today was the day to start collecting Stephen King, and they are prepared to go to $4000 to get a 2015 proof from CD, and if so, I have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn that has their name on it. I will keep my opinions on Chizmar to myself, but if there is any members here that wrote to CD to inquire about the legitimacy of this proof, that prompted an email blast from them to promote this auction, I would love to hear from you.

Mark

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Are you saying that ebay bidders n***u, x***t, and d***n were all shill bidders?

Country
    Country Flag

You're a funny man, Mark

+ Reply to Thread
Page 191 of 262 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181 189 190 191 192 193 201 241 ... LastLast