Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 189 of 262 FirstFirst ... 89 139 179 187 188 189 190 191 199 239 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,725 of 6527

Thread: Stephen King Proofs

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I agree with Ari.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with Ari and Michaël.....

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    First time I've ever seen one listed for sale. This will be an interesting one to watch and I too hope it doesn't end early. It's in rough shape but I'm pretty sure it will hit the 2K mark. This is the hardest to find Doubleday proof I think!

Country
    Country Flag

FWIW: I'm the current high bidder but that won't last long, I guess. I'll keep watching the auction but I fully expect this to go way over my budget.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

It is SO beat up....

Country
    Country Flag

It is, but I bet it will look better when it's tightly bagged with all the tears and creases folded back in place. It's always nice if a proof looks as close to new as possible but for me it's not a dealbreaker, especially when it's super scarce. I'd rather have a rough copy than no copy at all...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    It is, but I bet it will look better when it's tightly bagged with all the tears and creases folded back in place. It's always nice if a proof looks as close to new as possible but for me it's not a dealbreaker, especially when it's super scarce. I'd rather have a rough copy than no copy at all...
    I agree. You could vacumm seal that Mike and it would make A HUGE difference. And if it is one you need... go for it AND GOOD LUCK!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

See now I'm thinking I didn't buy anything at all from David and everybody else did, so they're all broke and I have a chance at this beautifully ugly beauty which will never, ever come up for sale on eBay again. And as I think that, the stock market has dropped 1000 points already this morning.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

RARE Stephen King's Salem's Lot ARC

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...obalID=EBAY-US

Country
    Country Flag

You scared me for a moment there - I thought it would be a Doubleday 'Salem's Lot proof, which is my absolute King collecting grail. Luckily it's only an ARC of a reprint.

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post

I wondered if we'd ever see that one again. Richard donated a copy of the interoffice proof to a local school for their annual fundraising silent auction. The seller probably should add some more info, but he probably didn't keep the write-up about the item.

We only printed 20 copies and most of them were used/marked up in production because this text is from BEFORE we discovered the previous reprint editions had left out some of Steve's formatting and italicizing choices. When we discovered that, we all sat down and started cross checking random pages to confirm we were right, and then another copy went out to our copyeditor to cross-check the formatting decisions on a line by line basis.

This proof version also has the bonus material in a different order than the final book does and it's missing the scans from Bob Jackson's collection. I think those are the big differences.

The official review copy (with the proper artwork on the cover) was printed after this and has most of the corrections entered, but not all. It also has the TOC in the alternate (not final) order and is missing Bob's scans.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=Brian James Freeman;943354]

I wondered if we'd ever see that one again. Richard donated a copy of the interoffice proof to a local school for their annual fundraising silent auction. The seller probably should add some more info, but he probably didn't keep the write-up about the item.

We only printed 20 copies and most of them were used/marked up in production because this text is from BEFORE we discovered the previous reprint editions had left out some of Steve's formatting and italicizing choices. When we discovered that, we all sat down and started cross checking random pages to confirm we were right, and then another copy went out to our copyeditor to cross-check the formatting decisions on a line by line basis.

This proof version also has the bonus material in a different order than the final book does and it's missing the scans from Bob Jackson's collection. I think those are the big differences.

The official review copy (with the proper artwork on the cover) was printed after this and has most of the corrections entered, but not all. It also has the TOC in the alternate (not final) order and is missing Bob's scans.

Brian[/QUOTE

Bob's scans?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Bob's scans?
    Bob Jackson has been providing us with material from the original publication such as memos and internal documents from Doubleday, which are reprinted at the back of our editions.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=herbertwest;943369]
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

Brian[/QUOTE

Bob's scans?
    Letters from his collection I think he is referring too..
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've added it to the listing in the first post.

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Bob's scans?
    Bob Jackson has been providing us with material from the original publication such as memos and internal documents from Doubleday, which are reprinted at the back of our editions.

Brian
    Thanks for the explainations !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It's over $2000 with five days yet to go!

John

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

It's over $2000 with five days yet to go!

John
    I'm astounded by this. The email from CD must have contributed in some way toward the frenzy on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I'm astounded by this. The email from CD must have contributed in some way toward the frenzy on this one.
    Yeah, we debated for most of the day about how to deal with all of the emails we were getting about it. We included the description that I wrote up for the school, which I nearly posted here the other day with a note that the seller probably should have included it, but I guess he doesn't have to worry about having a detailed write-up now... wow.

Brian

Country
    Country Flag

I think it's absurd. I will never understand how these proofs of reprint editions are apparently more appealing than a genuine 30+ year old Viking Firestarter proof that sits unsold at Betts for $499.

I'm glad I don't feel any urge to collect these.

I'm not implying anything about CDs products, by the way.

Country
    Country Flag

You GOT TO BE kidding me... $2k??????????????
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Yeah, we debated for most of the day about how to deal with all of the emails we were getting about it. We included the description that I wrote up for the school, which I nearly posted here the other day with a note that the seller probably should have included it, but I guess he doesn't have to worry about having a detailed write-up now... wow.

Brian
    Brian,

If you send me one, i would never ever sell it! i like it too much. after spending $750 today at CD, (excited by what i bought though!). I would take a marked up one. i would never be able to afford that on ebay!

Thanks! Glen

PS TO SWEETEN THE POT, I JUST WENT AND SPENT ANOTHER $300. Unfortunately, I am officially broke now.

3 Artist Editions and 3 gift editions of Steven King Double DAy books!!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brian,

Can I get first dibs on an inter-office ARC for The Shining? Not for my personal collection, but for The Haven Foundation fundraiser 2016....

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Brian,

Can I get first dibs on an inter-office ARC for The Shining? Not for my personal collection, but for The Haven Foundation fundraiser 2016....
    There's going to be a fundraiser for The Haven Foundation?? I've never heard of such an event...

Brian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 189 of 262 FirstFirst ... 89 139 179 187 188 189 190 191 199 239 ... LastLast