Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 188 of 262 FirstFirst ... 88 138 178 186 187 188 189 190 198 238 ... LastLast
Results 4,676 to 4,700 of 6527

Thread: Stephen King Proofs

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have been waiting nearly 10 years to find a copy, and that search ended yesterday. This is the Scribner Proof Copy of "Cell".

This copy was a Christmas 2005 (one month prior to publication) gift to New England novelist, and Academy Award-winning screenwriter John Irving. John is best known for his works "The World According to Garp", "The Cider House Rules", "A Prayer for Owen Meany" and "A Widow for One Year".

Stephen's inscription "CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW" is a direct reference to the famous Verizon "Test Man" commercials.

I hope you enjoy.
    Gerald

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah! So you were the lucky buyer! I was sure wondering who snagged that copy. Should have known it was you. Fast work and a big congratulations Gerald!

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Gerald
    Indeed a rare one and then signed and an association copy. Wow....

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Ah! So you were the lucky buyer! I was sure wondering who snagged that copy. Should have known it was you. Fast work and a big congratulations Gerald!
    Thank you Paul and Mike. When I first saw the listing, I thought as usual it was a 1st Edition. When I read it twice and saw proof, I did not want to hesitate, even though no photos had been listed at that point. I have never seen one for sale before and was always wondering where the other collectors found their copies. I am very happy, hence I picked "Happy" as My Mood icon.

Take care.
    Gerald

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neo_trinity View Post
    Thank you Paul and Mike. When I first saw the listing, I thought as usual it was a 1st Edition. When I read it twice and saw proof, I did not want to hesitate, even though no photos had been listed at that point. I have never seen one for sale before and was always wondering where the other collectors found their copies. I am very happy, hence I picked "Happy" as My Mood icon.

Take care.
    Gerald
    Congratulations Gerald. I also have never seen one up for sale. Great to have such a great association copy as well.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Gerald, I'm speechless. You and Bob should post every single day.

Congratulations!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

I agree!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Gerald is leaving me in the dust. I am just sitting here choking on his exhaust fumes!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The Cell proof would have been a great find regardless, but a signed/inscribed association copy is just awesome! Congratulations!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Gerald! That is, indeed, one of the rare ones. Believe it or not, but I got my copy (which, for a long time, I believed to be the only copy in collectors' hands) off eBay in February, 2006. Of course, mine is not signed.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Congratulations, Gerald! That is, indeed, one of the rare ones. Believe it or not, but I got my copy (which, for a long time, I believed to be the only copy in collectors' hands) off eBay in February, 2006. Of course, mine is not signed.

John
    Likewise. I got mine in April, 2006 on eBay.

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Gerald is leaving me in the dust. I am just sitting here choking on his exhaust fumes!
    Sorry Bob, it's not possible I have an electric car... no exhaust fumes.

Gerald

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Ari, Jonp, Jon10g, John, and Michael. I guess in early 2006 my internet connection must have been very slow in Ireland, because I missed out on some great finds.

You have had a 9 year head-start to admire it on your shelves. You're lucky. I am really hoping next years motion picture release will be as good as they're saying.

Gerald

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Posting this here too for posterity.

If you missed my fancy shmancy teaser, see here.

But I'll cut to the chase. Super excited about this one!!

Quick story first.

It has been a very interesting time for this proof. All I can say is, it has been one slippery bugger. It doesn't show up for years and years, then in the space of a week or so, 4 show up (including the one today at Betts.)

Not only did I miss out on the 1st one (great that it ended up with Gerald, and signed to boot! Congrats again Gerald), but I missed out on the 2nd one too! A copy showed up on eBay the other day. There were a bunch of bids, including mine, and kapow, the listing ends. Very frustrating! So I want to point out, that this is NOT that copy. I don't like doing that sort of side deal on a book that is on auction and there are already bids on it. I feel it's unfair to the bidders.

The proof fairy was definitely on my side this time around, because I was presented with another opportunity! Third time's a charm. This time, I got it! I had to work hard for this one, and it was touch and go at one point, but it worked out!

The elusive Scribner Cell proof!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Posting this here too for posterity.

If you missed my fancy shmancy teaser, see here.

But I'll cut to the chase. Super excited about this one!!

Quick story first.

It has been a very interesting time for this proof. All I can say is, it has been one slippery bugger. It doesn't show up for years and years, then in the space of a week or so, 4 show up (including the one today at Betts.)

Not only did I miss out on the 1st one (great that it ended up with Gerald, and signed to boot! Congrats again Gerald), but I missed out on the 2nd one too! A copy showed up on eBay the other day. There were a bunch of bids, including mine, and kapow, the listing ends. Very frustrating! So I want to point out, that this is NOT that copy. I don't like doing that sort of side deal on a book that is on auction and there are already bids on it. I feel it's unfair to the bidders.

The proof fairy was definitely on my side this time around, because I was presented with another opportunity! Third time's a charm. This time, I got it! I had to work hard for this one, and it was touch and go at one point, but it worked out!

The elusive Scribner Cell proof!
    Congratulations Paul, I am very happy for you. I can't speak for my copy as I don't think it would have made a difference with the previous owners decision to part with it, but with the movie coming out in the very near future, there could be a lot of interest in "Cell" leading up to it. The same thing happened with the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy when filming was commencing in New Zealand, in 2000 and 2001. Books, letters and proofs that had been dormant for decades started to appear on the auction market. It was a good time.

Gerald

P.S. Oh my, I have 200 posts. I am smoking....

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks again John and thank you Gerald for your comment. I had not considered that and maybe what you're describing has something to do with these other copies showing up.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neo_trinity View Post
    P.S. Oh my, I have 200 posts. I am smoking....

I am very glad that you decided to post again.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I go for 2 weeks, and the forum is on fire!
    Congratulations everyone on those great and rare findings !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Saw it. Let's hope it stays the course and doesn't end early.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Oh, I don't think so! I'm probably a workaholic but whenever I get an thread subscription email with an answer from you or Gerald, I just leave what I'm doing and open the thread to read it. And these are always delightful moments! Both of you show incredible items, but the most precioussss about your writings are the stories related to those items. I think I could read them for hours and hours.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 188 of 262 FirstFirst ... 88 138 178 186 187 188 189 190 198 238 ... LastLast