Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 187 of 262 FirstFirst ... 87 137 177 185 186 187 188 189 197 237 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,675 of 6527

Thread: Stephen King Proofs

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree, Gerald. Please post!

John

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes I agree. No need to wait. I look forward to seeing what you have to show us.

John F. Kennedy Slow Mutants will become famous soon enough Slow Mutants will become famous soon enough Slow Mutants's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neo_trinity View Post

Hi Mark,

If you were known as ABC Mark, then I know of you. That was the only reference Atsuko had in her files, and yes they were associated with quite a few UK proofs. I tried to contact as many people as possible to let them know at the time, but there was no contact information for you that I could find, so I'm sorry. It is nice to finally make your acquaintance.

I am going out on a limb here, but I believe I have you to thank for a birthday gift I received many moons ago. I asked her where she found it, but she didn't tell me. She kept her contacts close. Are you still at ABC?

Welcome to the site. It's a great place. I've been a member for a few years but only started posting a little more regularly in the last year. Try to make the time if you can. There is a great bunch of people here. You're among friends.

I will email you as well. Take care.

Gerald

Hey Gerald,

It's great to finally connect with you in person. I felt like I knew you, but didn't really. And yes, I guess I was ABC Mark, although she never called me that directly. Good to see you still have it and it's in great shape. I will miss her. "Onwards and Upwards" as she used to say.

As I told you, I am long gone from ABC, but CBS is very similar (written backwards and replacing one letter). You're going to love the script. My God, there is so many new posts since I was last here. It's a full time job just keeping up with everything that is written. I will read some more.

Cheers Buddy.
    Mark 11:22-63

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi,

I would like to share with you all something whose existence I was completely unaware of about 3 days ago. Thank you very much Mark for parting with it. It is beautiful, and will be well cared for. This is the Full Set of "The Green Mile" Uncorrected Proofs from Penguin (U.K.). Prior to this I only had #2 in my collection, and for the longest time, that was all I could ascertain was printed as part of the promotional set.

Unlike the U.S. counterparts, the U.K. versions are copied directly from the manuscript, and contain all the typographical errors, punctuation changes, and notes by Stephen and editor, that need to be fixed. I have shown an example from Book #3 - Coffey's Hands. In this you can see the various changes that Stephen wanted to edit, and in the corresponding U.S. version, it has been fixed.

The U.S. version is more like a near-finished novel complete with a copyright page, title page, also by Stephen King page, etc. The U.K. versions are very preliminary with no title or copyright pages. Margins are not set, and page numbers are hand-written on some pages when they were missing from the manuscript. There is actually nothing inside to identify it as a Stephen King book, per se. Stephen King signed #6 in early 2002 according to provenance.

The custom made case that holds the set is probably the finest example I have ever seen. I am going to have to do something similar for the U.S. set because it does it the justice it deserves.

I hope you enjoy.
    Gerald

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome! I'll be adding these to the listing in the first post.

John

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! Very impressive as usual Gerald. I love the case.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Brilliant! Thanks for posting this. Beautiful case and what an impressive set of proofs. Congratulations Gerald.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WOW, Gerald!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm blown away as usual, Gerald. Wow!

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Amazing!!!!

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I also thought only #2 existed-although rumors of the set existed. Another piece of King history seen that no one seen before. Amazing...

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome Gerald !!! As always...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Always great to come to the site and see something that no one could confirm existed.
    Thanks for sharing.
    The case is also a marvel to behold.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Great to see the full set. Thanks Gerald.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Gerald's storage facility in a former salt mine in Cheshire:

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

It is thrilling to see those! Thanks, Gerald.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Outstanding, Gerald. Thanks for sharing these.

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you all for the kind words. I am very happy to finally add this to my collection. Other than a signed UK 1st Edition, The Green Mile signed set is nearly complete. I have an extra #2 copy now if anyone wants one. I paid $10.

A couple of people emailed me to ask about the case. I was told by the previous owner that crocodile skin was chosen because they would have been found near Louisiana's Cold Mountain State Penitentiary. Someone else also asked whether or not Minnesota dentist Walter Palmer had actually stalked the prey, for which I cannot confirm nor deny.

Gerald

PS: I love the salt mine idea.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you for sharing Gerald! Even though these treasure can only belong to one, I'm so glad that you are sharing such great photographic sets of your and Atsuko's collections. This kind of sharing doesn't harm or devalue them and really does add to the community. It's been such a treat to see these beauties! Keep 'em coming!
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    Thank you for sharing Gerald! Even though these treasure can only belong to one, I'm so glad that you are sharing such great photographic sets of your and Atsuko's collections. This kind of sharing doesn't harm or devalue them and really does add to the community. It's been such a treat to see these beauties! Keep 'em coming!
    Thank you. I will try to post more often. By any chance, is your name chosen from the seminal 1991 film "Point Break"? Patrick Swayze's character was fantastic, and I am always partial to Keanu Reeves myself. I will anxiously await the remake and see if it does it justice. Bodhi is not a common name, other than the fact that there is a landscaping firm in Bangkok, called TCC Bodhi.

Take care.
    Gerald

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nope! Absolutely NOT! Bodhi was my dog. Nothing against the Keanu and the fondly remembered Patrick "Vida Boheme" Swayze, but it had more to do with when I was on an Eastern philosophies kick in college. I just adopted his name when he passed and was looking for a unique-ish email address around the same time.

The TCC portion comes from Turtle Creek Chorale, the gay men's chorus in Dallas. We're relatively large ranging from 125-175 singers at any given time, fairly well-known and at last count the "most recorded male chorus in the world" with around 36 official CDs. I first heard the TCC in 1993 which helped lead to my coming out in 1995, and being excited to join them in 2001 when we moved to Dallas.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Gunslinger Apprentice KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by neo_trinity View Post
    Thank you all for the kind words. I am very happy to finally add this to my collection. Other than a signed UK 1st Edition, The Green Mile signed set is nearly complete. I have an extra #2 copy now if anyone wants one. I paid $10.

A couple of people emailed me to ask about the case. I was told by the previous owner that crocodile skin was chosen because they would have been found near Louisiana's Cold Mountain State Penitentiary. Someone else also asked whether or not Minnesota dentist Walter Palmer had actually stalked the prey, for which I cannot confirm nor deny.

Gerald

PS: I love the salt mine idea.
    PM'ed, Gerald. As I said, I'd be quite honored to work something out for your additional #2. Thanks for sharing such detailed photos of these amazing rarities with the group!

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Amazing stuff.
    Thank you for posting.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 187 of 262 FirstFirst ... 87 137 177 185 186 187 188 189 197 237 ... LastLast