Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 182 of 262 FirstFirst ... 82 132 172 180 181 182 183 184 192 232 ... LastLast
Results 4,526 to 4,550 of 6527

Thread: Stephen King Proofs

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing this with us. You are a great asset to this site and the King community.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Gerald - Paul and Alan pretty much summed it up. You don't post often but each time you do, we see and learn something new. Thank you!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Simply stunning !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Gerald - Paul and Alan pretty much summed it up. You don't post often but each time you do, we see and learn something new. Thank you!
    Thank you all for your kind words. Sorry I don't get a chance to post often, but I rarely get enough time to read the news on the forum. I always seem to find out too late when great deals are on eBay and the Classifieds section. I am fortunate enough to have made some lovely friends here that are so kind to mail me books regularly (Stroppy and Wizard). Unfortunately, nobody from eBay will sell to me while I am in S.E. Asia. When I ask kindly on eBay, the sellers usually respond with "No, we always lose packages when we sell to Thailand." I wasn't aware that there is such a large and active King collecting community here, but I guess they know better.

As a result, I rarely get anything new here that I can share. Everything must be sent to America, where I don't get a chance to see it. My biggest challenge here is making my home child-safe from the many locals that I have never experienced before. Yesterday I saw my first monitor lizard on my back wall. I could swear he was looking at me thinking "hmmmmmm. yummy!" Two weeks I pulled into my driveway and there was a 4m (13 foot) python waiting for me at night, in the grass. Fortunately my son was not with me. He would love to see that, but a little bigger, and they can swallow a pig whole. I never lived with these inhabitants before, so they take some getting used to.

I will try to post more often and share when I get something new.
    Gerald

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Truly awesome proof, Gerald. I've updated the listing in the first post of this thread.

I love the stories about the wildlife in Thailand. I used to own a pet store where I had monitors and pythons (but nothing so large as you describe) and they all had that same hungry look about them, even the smaller ones.

John

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Gerald
    YES-the Salem's Lot proof-another to add to my "impossible to find" list!!
    WOW!

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Truly awesome proof, Gerald. I've updated the listing in the first post of this thread.

I love the stories about the wildlife in Thailand. I used to own a pet store where I had monitors and pythons (but nothing so large as you describe) and they all had that same hungry look about them, even the smaller ones.

John
    Hi John,

You would have made a fortune here with a pet store. Lions, tigers, monkeys, and anything else that lives in the wild is fair game. Exporting them into your home country, well that's another obstacle. In any case, you would have me as a loyal customer because every weekend I make an effort to purchase as many live fish as I can from markets and pet stores, to release back into the rivers at temples for merits. Fishing is illegal there, so at least these fish get an eleventh hour reprieve, and get to spend their remaining days among friends.

I used to enjoy watching Lost, where I would see John Locke running crazy around the island chasing and hunting boar. Well here, his life would have been substantially easier.
    Gerald

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by neo_trinity View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    Hi John,

You would have made a fortune here with a pet store. Lions, tigers, monkeys, and anything else that lives in the wild is fair game. Exporting them into your home country, well that's another obstacle. In any case, you would have me as a loyal customer because every weekend I make an effort to purchase as many live fish as I can from markets and pet stores, to release back into the rivers at temples for merits. Fishing is illegal there, so at least these fish get an eleventh hour reprieve, and get to spend their remaining days among friends.

I used to enjoy watching Lost, where I would see John Locke running crazy around the island chasing and hunting boar. Well here, his life would have been substantially easier.
    Gerald

I would like a baby elephant! i would not need a car. Awesome pictures. My nephew lived in Thailand for 3 years and went to school there. He loved it!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Great pictures, Gerald! Thanks!

John

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Sorry That spider has to go! is it poisonous? looks like a killer.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like a wolf spider. They have venom but aren't deadly. You still wouldn't want to be bit by one. They generally try to avoid people.

We have a version here in Florida.They're super fast. I was working at a job and saw one in the upper corner of the room. I looked down, took a measurement, and when I looked up it was in the opposite corner of the room. It was a little disconcerting. I think he was more afraid of me than I was of him.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

This is the New English Library Uncorrected Proof of ‘Salem’s Lot. There were four proofs made for this novel in late 1975. One copy was for type setting, one for proofing, one for marketing, and the final copy was for the editor, and are designated as such. This state was not sent out to reviewers, as is common practice today.
    Thanks so much, Gerald, for posting pictures of this proof. Like everyone else I have never seen one of these but I heard rumors of their existence. Simply fabulous. Am I correct in assuming that the other NEL books (Carrie, The Shining, The Stand and Night Shift) also have proofs in this format? I have always wondered about them. I have a copy of The Stand with plain white wraps and a dust jacket affixed to the spine so that it forms a sort of French wraps look. Mr. Rabbit Trick at one time had a similar copy of Night Shift. I always wondered if these were proofs or, more likely, ARC's?

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

This is the book I am talking about.

Regular trade edition on the left. Proof or ARC on the right. Dust jacket solidly adhered to the spine only.

Front flap lifted to show plain white wrappers underneath.

Publication info stamped inside dust jacket.

Spine.

Rear flap lifted to show again the plain white wrappers.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I LOVE living in the internet age sometimes. Being able to see some of these unique treasures really is amazing, and I LOVE that the people that own them don't just hoard them entirely. I still see this happening in the bootleg concert recording community. There are some concerts where some folks have the ONLY known copy of a concert, but refuse to share it out to the wider community, though they lose nothing by sharing it.

Thanks so much Gerald and everyone else that does such a great job in sharing what's out there in the best way possible. You guys/gals are as big of treasures as the collections that you let us have a glimpse of.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    I LOVE living in the internet age sometimes. Being able to see some of these unique treasures really is amazing, and I LOVE that the people that own them don't just hoard them entirely. I still see this happening in the bootleg concert recording community. There are some concerts where some folks have the ONLY known copy of a concert, but refuse to share it out to the wider community, though they lose nothing by sharing it.

Thanks so much Gerald and everyone else that does such a great job in sharing what's out there in the best way possible. You guys/gals are as big of trasures as the collections that you let us have a glimpse of.
    So well said. What a privilege to see these rare/one of a kind items. The NEL 'Salem's proof floored me. A real showstopper.

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

This is the New English Library Uncorrected Proof of ‘Salem’s Lot. There were four proofs made for this novel in late 1975. One copy was for type setting, one for proofing, one for marketing, and the final copy was for the editor, and are designated as such. This state was not sent out to reviewers, as is common practice today.
    Thanks so much, Gerald, for posting pictures of this proof. Like everyone else I have never seen one of these but I heard rumors of their existence. Simply fabulous. Am I correct in assuming that the other NEL books (Carrie, The Shining, The Stand and Night Shift) also have proofs in this format? I have always wondered about them. I have a copy of The Stand with plain white wraps and a dust jacket affixed to the spine so that it forms a sort of French wraps look. Mr. Rabbit Trick at one time had a similar copy of Night Shift. I always wondered if these were proofs or, more likely, ARC's?
    Hi Bob,

I hope you enjoyed your trip to Maine. I would have loved to attend, but it was not possible. If you can make it to the “Finders Keepers” signing in Bangkok next month, that would be great. I will show you around the city and introduce you to some eye-opening night-time entertainment. Don’t worry, it’s perfectly safe.

Yes, the remaining NEL proofs are all the same format as ‘Salem’s Lot. They are all brown wraps with a couple of differences with “Carrie” and “The Stand”. Actually Stu Tinker showed me a photo of your copy of “The Stand” about 8 years ago and asked me was it the same as the one I had. I told him that my copy did not have a dust jacket, and there was no graphic details on the covers at all. I told him that I had never seen a copy like the one you had, and still haven’t. Did you get it from the UK? I have never seen one in my travels.

The Stand”, due to its size, actually has two colored page blocks, the same as J.D. Salinger’s “Nine Stories” First Edition. The colors are not as distinct as Salinger’s, but they are different. That was the only one that had different papers used. “Carrie” is the most distinct from the others in that the page ends are uncut (similar to the “The Stand” U.S. First Edition). Furthermore, the rear cover, although blank on the outside, actually has a design on the inside cover, which is basically reversed. It is hard to describe, but if you turn the book over, and open the rear cover, the writing is actually on the inside. It’s a design feature that is not present on the other proofs, nor First Edition, and I am thinking that they experimented with “Carrie”, didn’t like it, and then didn’t repeat on the others.

Does your copy have cut page ends, and is the page type all the same color? You are very lucky as it looks beautiful.

Take care.
    Gerald

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    The $100 one has been up for quite a while.
    So I'd think something south of that.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Last 2 sales were for $50 and $75 depending on condition.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, the Dead Zone Signet proof is quite common. The Viking proof on the other hand...

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

$545 OBO (Offer less):
    STEPHEN KING V. RARE UNCORRECTED PRESENATION PROOF. TWICE THE POWER, 1991 Hodder
    Horrible condition copy that's ridiculously overpriced, much better copies show up all the time for much less. I'd be hard-pressed to offer even $20.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Yes, the Dead Zone Signet proof is quite common. The Viking proof on the other hand...
    Oh yes. That's the one you're going to sell to me. I've got some hundred dollar bills here ready to send your way!

Country
    Country Flag

If you're looking for a Viking Dead Zone proof from my collection, I sold a copy to Steve a couple of years ago. Maybe he's interested in a couple of your hundred dollar bills (and you will still get a copy that used to belong to me)!

How's that sound?

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds good. Steve, time to sell?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 182 of 262 FirstFirst ... 82 132 172 180 181 182 183 184 192 232 ... LastLast