Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 136 of 262 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 186 236 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 6527

Thread: Stephen King Proofs

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by KingKornKarn View Post
    Why is it that so few listings on Abe Books have pictures? Does it cost sellers more? Or is it because the market is a little more sophisticated and can rely on a dealer's verbal description? Or do the sellers skip pictures out of laziness?

I love looking at Abe's for similar titles and info of all sorts, but the lack of photos often makes true comparisons difficult.
    I have however noticed that sellers on abebooks are always very happy to answer questions and provide pictures, for almost anything. Simply ask
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by KingKornKarn View Post
    Why is it that so few listings on Abe Books have pictures? Does it cost sellers more? Or is it because the market is a little more sophisticated and can rely on a dealer's verbal description? Or do the sellers skip pictures out of laziness?

I love looking at Abe's for similar titles and info of all sorts, but the lack of photos often makes true comparisons difficult.
    My guess is it is laziness. I have contact sellers on a few occasions and asked if photos were available and have had everything from no reply at all; to a full set of photos sent (once, and I bought the book). Recently I had a seller reply back with “no” and I did not even bother replying back. If they are so lazy they can’t take photos or even try to provide more details why would I want to turn over my hard earned cash. I also think some sellers don’t show photos and have less than accurate description hoping the buyer won’t want to deal with the hassle of a return.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I dont think it's lazyness. 90% of the time I asked something, I got a picture.
    I usually get less informations from ebay, and i think that the answer is pretty simple : abebooks mostly have professionals there because t cost a monthly fee + percentage of the sales. The same goes with amazon (which owns abebooks) : a lot of professionnals there, and they list a LOT of items... not necessarily with providing detailed informations, contrary to ebay.

Furthermore, it could also simply be that, when someone creates an offer on abebooks, abe tends to do not force to ask picture (which will be making the offer creations more annoying, and therefore may decrease the number of products available for sale). Since a couple of years or so, abebooks do provide a lot of "stock image" for items.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am glad to hear you have had better luck than I have. This past year I have bought maybe 6 books from Abe sellers and all but one there were no issues and the one that was the seller worked with me on the issue so on that end of things it is good.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

My CD FDNS from David arrived & picked up Doctor Sleep from member Have you seen a ghost"
    Scribner came through on REVIVAL!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    My CD FDNS from David arrived & picked up Doctor Sleep from member Have you seen a ghost"
    Congratulations!

John

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

[QUOTE=jhanic;874980]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    Congratulations!

Awesome!!!!!
    feel free to send me the extra copy of revival. I am so looking forward to reading it!!! Thanks!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

HURRY!
    $249 with a $375 BIN:

Stephen King REVIVAL arc READY TO MAIL

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Dammit! I am in the train on my phone with crappy internet connection and when I clicked your link it was still there but by the time I logged in to BIN the crap out of it it was gone....

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I got it. Sorry Michaël! I actually didn't even see Jerome's post. I just checked eBay on my phone and boom, there it was. I usually always have bad timing with things like this, but I guess I got lucky this time.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It is what it is, I'm glad someone here got it. Congratulations maybe Lot Guy will feel sorry for me and donate his second copy?

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    It is what it is, I'm glad someone here got it. Congratulations maybe Lot Guy will feel sorry for me and donate his second copy?
    Thanks. I didn't know Lot Guy had 2 copies! Anyway, best of luck with securing your copy.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I should have just bought the damn thing myself. I try to help members.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    We certainly appreciate it Jerome... Grab the next one then... It seems these have been popping up every few weeks or so... also, I just realized the copy I got doesn't have the letter...

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still looking also!
    Just missed it
    too busy at work

Country
    Country Flag

No worries, J. I appreciate what you're doing and at least it did end up in The Corner.

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    I'm still looking also!
    Just missed it
    too busy at work
    Same here, still looking and can't keep up with the notices!
    If they would just ship a box full to Jerome and he passed them out
    we'd all be fine!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It was a really cool thing you did posting the link.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I got it. Sorry Michaël! I actually didn't even see Jerome's post. I just checked eBay on my phone and boom, there it was. I usually always have bad timing with things like this, but I guess I got lucky this time.
    Congrats Zelig!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Lot Guy.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Four Past Midnight, US Proof
    "States Proof Copy in blue shiny binding. This copy has the Promo jacket wrap around also in fine condition"
    $75 (I am no proof expert, but it sounds like a reasonable price to me)
    >>> http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Book...729&cm_la=want

This thread states about the FPM proofs :
    Four Past Midnight blue grey cover very scarce
    Four Past Midnight deep blue cover

+ Reply to Thread
Page 136 of 262 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 186 236 ... LastLast