Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 262 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 6527

Thread: Stephen King Proofs

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sorry to hear that! It's weird though. I live in the Netherlands (so I'm your neighbour) and I lost only one package in the five or six years that I've been buying books on eBay... (worth about $30).

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting. I have mailed >25 items international and never had one lost. I have ordered ~10-15 items and one time an item never came. the publisher issued a replacement. So I suppose 1/40 = 2.5%

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

If I may please ask. What is Stephen King's ''It'' Rare Uncorrected Proof Copy worth?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

US (Viking) or UK (Hodder & Stoughton) version? Or the CD 25th anniversary version?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Coulrophobia View Post
    If I may please ask. What is Stephen King's ''It'' Rare Uncorrected Proof Copy worth?
    The market for Stephen King proofs is fairly soft at the moment, but, in fine condition, I'd say $200-250 for the US version, $300-350 for the UK.

John

Country
    Country Flag

I agree with John.

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200894044537...84.m1438.l2649

This is the one I am asking about. I guess I owned the US, but mine was destroyed in a flood. So I am looking to get a replacement.

Thank you very much for the replies.

Country
    Country Flag

If I'm not mistaken, the seller tried to sell this copy for $2,000 for ages (which was insane, of course). I think it's still overpriced. I'd offer the seller $200 max (and I'd ask him for a couple of good photos first).

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok tyvm

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

This is the one I am asking about. I guess I owned the US, but mine was destroyed in a flood. So I am looking to get a replacement.

The crease on the front cover lowers the value. I agree with Michaël on the price. I wouldn't go more than $200.

John

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally i must say the proof EotD book never arrived... i got a full refund from paypal, but i much more wanted to have the book... but after now 2 months i give up the hope...

I really must think about buying from USA. Last year i lost parcels in the value over 1000US$, including one 1/1 gunslinger, one OY-statue, the proof EodT and two other book-parcels... on the other hand are about 15 US-parcels that arrived, so there is a loss-quote round about 25%. This is really to much!
    That sucks! I went years without ever having an item lost, then had 3 not show up all within two months, and all from England. Not sure why, and no great monetary loss, but very disappointing nonetheless. I'm thinking somebody at the Kaiserslautern post office has a pretty good collection started!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

The crease on the front cover lowers the value. I agree with Michaël on the price. I wouldn't go more than $200.

John
    I offered $180 tyvm for the help.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    You can flatten it, even use a press/clamp but it will likely revert a bit.
    I have been thinking about this lately (restoring/repairing a bent PB/ARE) and have a couple of ideas I wish to try. I will start on books that are of nominal value.
    Ideas include, but not limited to:
    • Humidify, but not soak book then clamp book using nonstick material to protect covers.
    • Dry heat ironing of book covers, then clamping.
    • Clamping book; then using clothes dryer (on the stationary rack inside) on dry heat mode.
    • Clamping book; then using clothes dryer (on the stationary rack inside) on steam mode.
    etc. etc.
    I think you'll have some successes with some of these ideas on some types of pb books. I even think (based on his pics) if someone were brave and patient enough that gunslinger proof Bob had could have been repaired.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Titre : Just After Sunset **** ADVANCED UNCORRECTED PROOF ...
    Éditeur : Scribner's., NY
    Date d'édition : 2008
    Reliure : Trade paperback.
    Etat du livre : near fine
    Edition : First Edition, First Printing

http://www.abebooks.fr/servlet/BookD...?bi=9578114852
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Updated the listing in the first post to indicate 28 copies, one of which was unbound, of the manuscript (first state) proof of Pet Semetary.

Thanks, Sir Boomme!

John

Country
    Country Flag

Just a reminder: if you have trustworthy/verified information about King proofs and/or photos that you would like to have included in the Manuscripts, Proofs & ARCs Catalog, please feel free to contribute using the Comments tab of the appropriate article. I will then update the text in the article itself.

Thank you!

Citizen of Gilead olverts will become famous soon enough olverts will become famous soon enough olverts's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Updated the listing in the first post to indicate 28 copies, one of which was unbound, of the manuscript (first state) proof of Pet Semetary.

Thanks, Sir Boomme!

John
    I think the 28 copies was for the Shining

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I think that the info in another thread concerning the number of proofs of THE SHINING that were done is incomplete. 27 copies went to the publicity department but here is evidence that 55 copies were done.

Country
    Country Flag

You never cease to amaze, Bob. I have edited the article in the Catalog (comments on my phrasing are welcome).

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

1.43 CENTS PER PAGE.SO EACH PROOF COST $11.55 TO PRINT. NOTE 28 PRINT RUN MEMO DATED JULY 9th 1976, 55 PRINT RUN MEMO DATED NOV 11 1976. 83 COPIES?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Corrections made in the listing in the first post. I listed The Shining as 55 copies.
    John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just brilliant documentation. Members here make this THE preeminent site for Stephen King information. Thanks Bob, John, Michael, Terry et al.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It is jaw dropping how much information there is available here. I am consistently amazed by the items some of you folks have. (sorry for the emoticon, Bob)

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Which are (if any) those books that don't have at least one of the proof/arc/galley state made or that we don't know about?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Which are (if any) those books that don't have at least one of the proof/arc/galley state made or that we don't know about?
    I'm not sure what you are asking.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 262 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 ... LastLast