Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 262 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 150 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 6527

Thread: Stephen King Proofs

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I don't know him at all either, but I look at it as we all screw up and make bad decisions sometimes. Generally one bad move isn't gonna' make me not trust someone.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

I'm sorry if this has alredy been explained but I couldn't find it. What is the difference between the hardback review copy Scribner is sending out of Under the Dome? It says it's different then the finished book but isn't it unusual that there are hardcover galley's made? Could it be a print run of the original book that had some error. That way they couldn't sell it so they sent it out to reviewers? Could that be the case?

Lilja

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think there's any difference between the ones Simon & Schuster is sending out and the final trade edition except that the ones they're sending out have a sticker on the back right with a different ISBN number and no dust jacket. We'll find out for sure when the trade edition is issued in November.

John

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

OK, thanks. Do you know if there are any difference between the soft cover galley and the hard cover?

Lilja

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

My understanding is that they didn't want to make as many of the paperback copies of the ARC as usual because of the expense involved, so they waited to send finished copies without DJs out to most reviewers. There are only a few places that require long lead times for reviews (PW, Library Journal, etc. -- and CD, of course!)

I suspect that the hardcovers are cheaper per copy than the paperback galleys because of the size of the print run.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
    OK, thanks. Do you know if there are any difference between the soft cover galley and the hard cover?

Lilja
    I haven't compared them. Sorry.

John

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    There are only a few places that require long lead times for reviews (PW, Library Journal, etc. -- and CD, of course!)

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The UK On Writing proof dust jacket. This is one of about three known to exist. As far as I know, there was no UK proof of On Writing published.

John

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just received my copy of the Mid-Life Confidential partial proof with King's essay "In the Neighborhood of the Beast". It's signed by Dave Barry, Kathi Kamen Goldmark, Greil Marcus, Ridley Pearson and Amy Tan. Pictures can be seen in my Book Collections thread. I also got a copy of the advertising brochure for the concert by The Rock Bottom Remainders with it.

John

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

<= runs to see if his proof is still there ... of if someone stole his and sold it to john

whew... still there...

john,what a nice surprise for you , congrads!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

A small correction--what I thought was an advertising brochure is actually the program.

John

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I edited the listing on the first post to delete the UK Mist paperback. It's more a promotional edition than a proof.

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

For those of you who bought the UTD hardback ARC... you should have waited. It's now released with a dustjacket with the word PROOF written on the back.

There is one on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Und...item2c5138cddb

This is a new Advance Reader's Copy (ARC) Proof of UNDER THE DOME, the newest book by Stephen King. It is a hardcover proof with dustjacket.
    The dustjacket has the same artwork as the stock photo shown above with the word "PROOF" printed across the back and comes with an orange paper about 2" thick) wrap that is made of a slightly iridescent vellum (this wrap has a couple of wrinkles).

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Given the apparent large number of hardcover proofs that have been issued, and now with this hardcover with a dust jacket, leads me to believe that the blue proof is more scarce than I had expected.

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It's the biggest Stephen King advertising campaign since Bag of Bones. They have sent out many thousands of proofs/and arcs.

The blue proofs are out there, but may not have left the reviewer's desks yet. Expect more to show up next year.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just moved the pink proof of The Talisman from the US listing to the UK listing. I've gotten separate confirmation from one of our newest members that it is, indeed, the UK proof. I had always heard rumors to that effect, but I've finally gotten verification.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I just moved the pink proof of The Talisman from the US listing to the UK listing. I've gotten separate confirmation from one of our newest members that it is, indeed, the UK proof. I had always heard rumors to that effect, but I've finally gotten verification.

John
    What kind of verification?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

His quote:

Yes, the pink proof is the British. I used to keep very extensive records and I have that one down as the British proof, 5 and one half by 9 and three eighths inches, 635 pp.
    Most of the others I've seen that have owned the proof just aren't sure. This, although admittedly a bit light, is the first verification I've gotten on it that it is the UK version.

John

<Edit>I asked ur2ndbiggestfan if I could use his name and he agreed. This is more of what he had to say:

Here's my story and I'm sticking to it!
    I bought the two TALISMAN proofs from L.W. Currey in 1984. I still have the receipt, dated December 1, 1984. I paid $400 for the British proof and $250 for the US proof. 'LWC 400.00' is written lightly in pencil on the top right corner of the pink proof, which corresponds with the measurments I wrote on my file card when I received the proof. So I am 99.99% sure that the pink proof is the British proof.
    John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Here is yet another advance state of UNDER THE DOME. This copy utilizes a first edition copy of the book (no ISBN attached to the back of the book), a boldly marked "Proof" dust jacket and a wraparound band with title and author.

Book with dust jacket and band:

Front and spine of dj without band:

Rear panel and spine of dj:

Dust jacket flaps showing no text:

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

cool bob,real nice!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for posting that, Bob. I saw one on eBay (I got out-bid) but they didn't have the pictures of the dust jacket. I'm still looking for one!

Since it says "Proof", I'll add this to the list on the first page of this thread, even though I'd really consider this an Advance Review Copy and not a true proof.

John

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Thanks for posting that, Bob. I saw one on eBay (I got out-bid) but they didn't have the pictures of the dust jacket. I'm still looking for one!

Since it says "Proof", I'll add this to the list on the first page of this thread, even though I'd really consider this an Advance Review Copy and not a true proof.

John
    Yeah, or maybe it is just a "proof" dust jacket. The book itself is the regular trade edition. The wraparound band lends some "advance" status to it as it is obviously meant to go with the dj.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

On looking more at the dust jacket pictured, I'm sure it's a proof dust jacket. There seems to be no verbiage whatsoever. No price, no ISBN, nothing on the flaps and not even the title and author on the front. I can't imagine that is the final product.

John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Looking good, Bob! I hope some of these proof DJs will turn up on the secondary market someday so I can use one on my HC ARC.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

is it the same one that MrRabbitTrick mentionned the other day, (and provided an ebay link)?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 262 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 150 ... LastLast