Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 177 of 262 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167 175 176 177 178 179 187 227 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,425 of 6527

Thread: Stephen King Proofs

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    I have a second chance offer on eBay for a Revival UK Limited edition Proof for £238 approx. $365. Is this a reasonable price and did I go mad bidding on the original auction?
    Thanking you in advance for your help.
    I would not recommend it. I was also offered the same deal by Paul (he had some nerve to ask me for GBP 250) and said it was a 2nd copy he had, because the first was sold. Is it possible he got 2 copies? Maybe, but then why didn't his original purchaser want it? It looks like GBP 111 was the next bid under you. I would start from there, but be careful if you go outside of eBay.

Just my 2 cents. I won't be taking him up on his offer.
    Gerald

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neo_trinity View Post
    I have a second chance offer on eBay for a Revival UK Limited edition Proof for £238 approx. $365. Is this a reasonable price and did I go mad bidding on the original auction?
    I would not recommend it. I was also offered the same deal by Paul (he had some nerve to ask me for GBP 250) and said it was a 2nd copy he had, because the first was sold. Is it possible he got 2 copies? Maybe, but then why didn't his original purchaser want it? It looks like GBP 111 was the next bid under you. I would start from there, but be careful if you go outside of eBay.

Just my 2 cents. I won't be taking him up on his offer.
    Gerald
    Thanks Gerald, Very interesting. In the offer he says he has a second copy in the same condition. I will have to think on this. I have another 20 hours to think on the offer. It seems less or similar to current or completed listings.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It seems too early to decide if that's a good price or not. It's not TOO far out, though, if it is high.

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

In 6 months you will get one for less than £100.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    I'm still on the fence but I may wait for the prices to go down. It's either this or some older proofs.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    It seems too early to decide if that's a good price or not. It's not TOO far out, though, if it is high.

John
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Thanks for your help John and Alan.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just for the record, I don't know who Paul is that Gerald mentioned, but it isn't me.

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Just for the record, I don't know who Paul is that Gerald mentioned, but it isn't me.
    The hell you say! You mean there is more than one Paul in this World? Okay, I will update the records of people I know.

No, the seller was Paul Fleschig, and the item was Revival UK Proof

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah, okay... I saw that but wasn't following it too much. Was just saying as there's not too many's Paul's around the DT forum. Anyway, if it was me I'd have offered it to you for £350! Just kidding of course... BTW I'm lucky enough to have a signed copy of that proof

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Updated the limitation of the UK Finders Keepers in the listing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...item2ee2424e4d

John
    John,

I believe you need to update the limitation again...

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Book...tlyadded%3Dall

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Updated the limitation of the UK Finders Keepers in the listing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...item2ee2424e4d

John
    John,

I believe you need to update the limitation again...

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Book...tlyadded%3Dall
    Look at that price... also, isn't it still debatable as to whether these were randomly numbered?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The listing is updated. If it turns out that they were randomly numbered, I'll try to reflect that in the listing.

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neo_trinity View Post
    Thank you all. I pray it's a good sale. I realize this is not a Tolkien forum, so I don't want to offend anyone by talking anymore about it. My passion for both writers is evenly matched.
    Gerald
    It WAS a good sale... "The Hobbit first edition fetches £137,000 at auction"...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33013144

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! That's amazing. Congratulations Gerald.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy crap Gerald. You know how many proofs I could buy with that? All of them! I can't imagine what the rest of your collection looks like; everything you've been kind enough to share with us here has been just flabbergasting.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

That is fantastic, Gerald! Congratulations!

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you all for your kind words. It was a good sale and I am happy to see that new collectors are continuing to enter the field. It's always a good sign that books are well appreciated.

Take care.
    Gerald

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing Gerald, massive congratulations on the sale! And George, I'm with you man.... we could but a lot of proofs with that!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

You did great, Gerald! Congratulations!

I agree with George and Paul but the problem with all those scarce and desirable proofs is that they have to come up for sale before you can buy them...

Traveler zedshead is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    Quite impressive list. Now, how many do you own????

really to the point,.,hehehe

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    You did great, Gerald! Congratulations!

I agree with George and Paul but the problem with all those scarce and desirable proofs is that they have to come up for sale before you can buy them...
    Good point.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

... but it makes it all the more exciting when they do come up for sale! I remember the first and only Doubleday proof I ever saw on eBay (Night Shift, maybe four years ago) - totally out of my league of course, but very entertaining to watch what happened.

Sadly, I think 99% of the truly scarce proofs are sold in private transactions nowadays.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 177 of 262 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167 175 176 177 178 179 187 227 ... LastLast