Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 262 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 173 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 6527

Thread: Stephen King Proofs

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

And there's our answer! Welcome to the website DM, hope you enjoy it and stick around. Please don't forget to pass the info on to your buyer; good luck with your auction!

I know it's not the beginning of the month yet, but since we've had changes here's the update:

Total - 23 Proofs and 2 Unbound Proofs.

Mike at Fine Edition Books - 1 unbound proof of Four Past Midnight (with two copies of The Sun Dog)
    carlosdetweiller: 1 unbound proof of Four Past Midnight
    carlosdetweiller: 2 proofs
    Pasiuk57: 2 proofs
    Hutch: 2 proofs
    Fine Edition Books - 5 proofs
    Mr Rabbit Trick - 1 proof
    jhanic - 1 proof
    Old Haven Books - 1 proof
    shnnrc01 - 1 proof
    George at Ramstein - 1 proof
    needfulthings - 1 proof
    sentinel - 1 proof
    Biomieg - 1 proof
    gsvec - 1 proof
    Xwinger - 1 proof
    ur2ndbiggestfan - 1 proof
    dm030601 - 1 proof

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    A copy on eBay to add to the list...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Twice-Power-Ra...item3362bdad6a
    Is it just me (not knowing a whole lot about proof prices) or did I just sleep through (miss out on) a very good deal this auction? I need to set up a sniping program so I can get these things without having to be in front of my laptop all day.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think you slept through a good deal!

John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I think so too. I put in a max (snipe) bid of £65 which brought the final price to £67, otherwise it would have been an even better deal for the winner. I already have a copy (which I got for £90) but this one looked a bit better so I thought I'd give it a try (and then maybe sell the other copy).

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh well, someday. I really should be saving my cash for the holidays and family anyway.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I was going through some old e-mails and came across one from a UK book dealer who claims there were only 32 copies of this proof released. I have no idea as to the accuracy of this statement but thought I'd pass it along.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Good eye! I wrote to the seller and gave the link to our thread here, hopefully he/she will sign in and let us know about copy #24.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Edited the listing to get rid of the "25 copies" of the Riding the Bullet proof. There were substantially more than that issued.

John

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Corrected the listing for the Riding the Bullet proof to show 55 proofs done.

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, John.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Just like to mention that I picked up my first ever proof just recently. UK Black House. Got a pretty good deal based on some helpful info.

Thanks again John.

(or maybe I shouldn't thank you just yet, depending on if this first one leads me down a long road of wanting more lol)

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations! You will soon end up like me: hollow-eyed, hunchbacked and obsessively checking all 'sources' for more proofs... multiple times a day!

Collecting proofs is a rewarding practice but you will never get them all and that is sort of frustrating. But I like the fact that they are little pieces of publishing history that were 'out there' to be read only be a select few, while the general public was eagerly awaiting official publication... and with such small print runs they also end up with a select few collectors.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

When I visited Grant Books in August, 2008, Robert showed me a proof copy of (at that moment upcomming) The Little Sisters of Eluria. The cover was white and I think there's only one copy of this book, owned by Robert himself.

It might have to be added to the catalog.

By the way, it might be a good idea to "update" the catalog, doing a thread where we can create sub threads showing all the details of the proof + pics of it (just like we did with regular books).

Just a thought.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

What are the details of your Grant visit? Do they welcome visitors, or was this something special?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    When I visited Grant Books in August, 2008, Robert showed me a proof copy of (at that moment upcomming) The Little Sisters of Eluria. The cover was white and I think there's only one copy of this book, owned by Robert himself.

It might have to be added to the catalog.

By the way, it might be a good idea to "update" the catalog, doing a thread where we can create sub threads showing all the details of the proof + pics of it (just like we did with regular books).

Just a thought.
    I hate adding a proof such as this to the listing, mainly because it will probably NEVER show up.

Ari, why not email or PM me regarding your suggestions about expanding the proofs section? I have pictures of most of the proofs, US and UK, but I'm not sure what kind of details you want to list.

Sounds like a major undertaking!

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Very major. The Catalog took me...too long. I day not say.

Country
    Country Flag

I think the LSOE proof should be added to the list. After all, the "P6" CARRIE ARC is also on the list and no one ever saw that one in person.

Re: adding a proofs section to the catalog. I think it is a nice idea. Pictures of most of them should be fairly easy to obtain since the proof master list that John created more or less reflects on what the group here owns (collectively). Another question would be: would we add the UK proofs? I say yes. But does that mean that UK trade editions should also be added to the Catalog? Many people collect them, and even more do not. What are the criteria for inclusion in the Collectibles Catalog?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Point taken. The LSOE proof has been added.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Re: adding a proofs section to the catalog. I think it is a nice idea. Pictures of most of them should be fairly easy to obtain since the proof master list that John created more or less reflects on what the group here owns (collectively). Another question would be: would we add the UK proofs? I say yes. But does that mean that UK trade editions should also be added to the Catalog? Many people collect them, and even more do not. What are the criteria for inclusion in the Collectibles Catalog?
    Usually it's clear. The biggest criteria is that someone has to take the time to do it. For example if jhanic wanted to create a section for proofs he would need to determine a template and then create the posts. The decision whether to include UK-or any other non-USA proofs would be his.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Along with the book and illustration Catalogs, I've thought for a while now that it would be cool to have a third Catalog dedicated to F&G's/Proofs/ARC's, etc.

I agree with Jerome. We would be very supportive and happy to provide any guidance, but the real grunt work would have to come from someone else like John.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

And truthfully, people, I'm just not sure I'm up to it, physically. I'm starting to feel my age.

John

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

There's another one on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Twi...item41561dfef8

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Same one, relisted.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh. Okay, I don't keep track.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 262 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 173 ... LastLast