Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 6527

Thread: Stephen King Proofs

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I have one copy.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by George at Ramstein View Post
    John, sorry about my mistatement regarding ownership; I knew it was a "knowns" list but had your private collection photos up at the same time and got them confused in my head while I was typing!

Bob, you said that you had two Twice the Power copies ... is that two copies PLUS the set of unbound sheets, or one bound and one unbound?

Thanks --

George
    Two copies of TWICE THE POWER. One copy of the unbound proof of FOUR PAST MIDNIGHT.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Not that anyone probably cares, but I reserved the other 'mint' copy of TWICE THE POWER from the UK Abebooks seller, who was nice enough to hold it for me until October. I will post a pic when I receive it.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice natehorning is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I've got a copy of those unbound proof pages for the UK edition of FOUR PAST MIDNIGHT so Michael's copy is not unique. There are at least two and almost certainly more.

His copy of the Sphere proof of THE GUNSLINGER is also not unique. I bought a copy a while back from Shibus but the postal service nearly destroyed it en route. Shibus resold it to Nate Horning who has tried unsuccessfully to sell it at an inflated price on eBay. It's really not in collectible shape anymore.

I would like to speak up and say he sold it to a Nate but it wasn't Nate Horning. I would love to own it but would more realistic in my asking price and condition representation if I were to sell it.

Nate Horning

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by natehorning View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I've got a copy of those unbound proof pages for the UK edition of FOUR PAST MIDNIGHT so Michael's copy is not unique. There are at least two and almost certainly more.

His copy of the Sphere proof of THE GUNSLINGER is also not unique. I bought a copy a while back from Shibus but the postal service nearly destroyed it en route. Shibus resold it to Nate Horning who has tried unsuccessfully to sell it at an inflated price on eBay. It's really not in collectible shape anymore.

I would like to speak up and say he sold it to a Nate but it wasn't Nate Horning. I would love to own it but would more realistic in my asking price and condition representation if I were to sell it.

Nate Horning
    My apologies, Nate! I completely whiffed on this and I am sorry.

I think it was Nate Sanders who bought the proof from Greg. I'll double check this and try to be much more careful on my future posts.

I just looked it up and his name is Nate D. Sanders. He is asking $2,250 with a Make an Offer option.

For discussion's sake what would be considered a fair price? It is outside my price range so I don't have a value I would attach to it but what would be an expected fair price range?

Nate

[quote=carlosdetweiller;538408]

My apologies, Nate! I completely whiffed on this and I am sorry.

I think it was Nate Sanders who bought the proof from Greg. I'll double check this and try to be much more careful on my future posts.
    No hard feelings. Just wanted to give credit (blame) where it was due.

Nate

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I just looked it up and his name is Nate D. Sanders. He is asking $2,250 with a Make an Offer option.

For discussion's sake what would be considered a fair price? It is outside my price range so I don't have a value I would attach to it but what would be an expected fair price range?

Nate
    $1000

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Not that anyone probably cares, but I reserved the other 'mint' copy of TWICE THE POWER from the UK Abebooks seller, who was nice enough to hold it for me until October. I will post a pic when I receive it.
    I do care, actually. First of all, I am glad you're getting a nice new proof. Second, however, this means there's one less copy out there which means my chances of getting one have decreased significantly

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I still maintain the Sphere Gunslinger proof is pretty rare also however....
    Especially one in good-great shape!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree. Also, no-one has mentioned the Viking proof of the Revised Gunslinger. That one seems pretty scarce also.

John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, that's one I've never even seen a picture of in my admittedly few collecting years (except for John's cover scan).

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Biomieg, Fine Edition Books had two mint (virginal) copies of Twice the Power for $240 each; with the one reserved (but still advertised on Abe, I just checked) that still leaves one mint copy available for purchase. There's also the second copy at Old Haven Books for $192, that one has slight wear and a reading crease to the spine.

Go on, take the plunge ... it'll look better on your shelf than a few pieces of green paper.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Tally Update

As of 11 PM on Friday 27 Aug 2010, here's our TWICE THE POWER Proof tally (from both here and SKC) so far; I'll try and update the total on a weekly basis. These are copies that are actually in collector's hands, not just rumor:

14 Proofs and 1 Unbound Proof (awaiting verification of 2nd unbound proof before adding it here)

carlosdetweiller: 2 proofs
    carlosdetweiller: 1 unbound proof of Four Past Midnight
    Pasiuk57: 2 proofs
    Hutch: 2 proofs
    Fine Edition Books - 2 proofs (one on hold for ur2ndbiggestfan)
    Mr Rabbit Trick - 1 proof
    jhanic - 1 proof
    Old Haven Books - 1 proof
    shnnrc01 - 1 proof
    George at Ramstein - 1 proof
    needfulthings - 1 proof, with page numbering error (Page count goes to 698 and then back to 219. On the page between the two stories, the page reads (extra large print) STEPHEN KING (large print) TWO PAST MIDNIGHT (smaller print) Secret Window, Secret Garden (smaller print) (the second story from Four Past Midnight)

Nobody else has mentioned having the numbering error; if you do please let me know so we can identify whether it is unique or not. Something else occured to me yesterday; this tally will only encompass (as best I've seen so far) english speaking collectors. It would not incorporate copies from foreign collectors who don't frequent these two websites. If anyone has good contacts overseas who could start a similiar discussion on their boards, it would be a great addition to our knowledge base.

George

Country
    Country Flag

I can only speak for The Netherlands but I'm pretty sure I am the only proof collector over here. Assuming that other collectors would have found their way to the Dutch King forum I would have known (and if they didn't their information isn't available anyway).

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

We're practicallly neighbors. I was up in Nijmegan not all too long ago for a wedding; love it up there, beautiful country and wonderful people. Can't believe you're the only SK proof collector in the whole country!

Country
    Country Flag

I live about 30 km from Nijmegen and yeah, proof collecting seems to be an acquired taste. I don't collect signed books though (and I know Dutch collectors who do, I'm definitely not a top notch collector in that sense).

Are you planning to share some pics of your collection with us? I'm curious to see what you have.

I can't recall ever posting pictures of this proof but it was being discussed in another thread. It is one of the most unusual proofs that I have in that it is unbound....just loose pages but with a definite front and rear cover.

The UK proof of FOUR PAST MIDNIGHT front cover.

The rear cover.

Each page contains two pages of text.

I have no idea how many were done, if this was the intended finished state or if they intended to send them to a bindery.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

It's listed as "extremely rare" by John. Does this also exist as a bound proof?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never seen or heard of any bound copies of the UK Four Past Midnight proof.

John

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Default Twice the Power proof

Count me in, I've got one nice clean copy!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at Ramstein View Post
    Biomieg, Fine Edition Books had two mint (virginal) copies of Twice the Power for $240 each; with the one reserved (but still advertised on Abe, I just checked) that still leaves one mint copy available for purchase. There's also the second copy at Old Haven Books for $192, that one has slight wear and a reading crease to the spine.

Go on, take the plunge ... it'll look better on your shelf than a few pieces of green paper.
    Hmmm... I've taken some pretty deep plunges lately so I'm laying low right now... TWICE THE POWER would definitely be the next big purchase on my list though.

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

my twice the power proof has the same page styling as needful things copy.but it doesnt seem like an error,it just looks like it exactly duplicates the page count on the layout of the 2 books.
    when i open my proof after the copyright page it has:

NEEDFUL THINGS
    Pages 7-698

TWO PAST
    MIDNIGHT
    (The second of the stories from "Four Past Midnight")

Pages "219-347"

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

2 uk collectors that i've seen a buy up a lot of king on ebay could quite possibly have a copy each: anfieldred and batfastard. i don't know if they are on this site or not,alan you might know?
    they've won a lot of high-end king stuff,so...

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

wow bob,i love it!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 262 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 163 ... LastLast