Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 262 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 168 218 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 6527

Thread: Stephen King Proofs

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    This is the proof of the Tor paperback.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

How scarce is the proof of TWTTK? I'm looking for the Scribner light blue wrappers edition...anybody have an extra or know where I can score one? I'm also looking for a Viking Gunslinger proof and the DotT orange wrap proof/arc, how scarce are these?

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The Viking Gunslinger is extremely scarce.
    I can't say for the others.
    Mark Twain

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by at_one View Post
    How scarce is the proof of TWTTK? I'm looking for the Scribner light blue wrappers edition...anybody have an extra or know where I can score one? I'm also looking for a Viking Gunslinger proof and the DotT orange wrap proof/arc, how scarce are these?
    The Scribner Wind Through the Keyhole proof is a bit scarce. There are two variations of Plume The Drawing of the Three proof (one with a picture, the other just verbiage) but neither is especially scarce. As Scoogs said, the Viking Gunslinger proof is pretty scarce.

John

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    The Scribner Wind Through the Keyhole proof is a bit scarce. There are two variations of Plume The Drawing of the Three proof (one with a picture, the other just verbiage) but neither is especially scarce. As Scoogs said, the Viking Gunslinger proof is pretty scarce.

John
    Scarce enough where they aren't seen for sale very often? I did some basic searches and didn't see any of the 3 books, is it just about playing the waiting game? Any rough ideas on prices for any of these? I know proofs are all subjective with a ton of variables , just trying to get an idea of what I am looking at.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, the Viking Gunslinger proof is not often seen for sale. If one was available, it would probably go for more than $2000 in my mind. How many copies are available? I know of only three people who have them so far.
    I believe David at Betts is looking for one also.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I paid a little over $550 for mine in February 2006.

John

Citizen of Gilead olverts will become famous soon enough olverts will become famous soon enough olverts's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    Yes, the Viking Gunslinger proof is not often seen for sale. If one was available, it would probably go for more than $2000 in my mind. How many copies are available? I know of only three people who have them so far.
    I had two copies and sold them for $500 and $1000.
    One of them to David so he has one.

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by olverts View Post
    I had two copies and sold them for $500 and $1000.
    One of them to David so he has one.
    If I could find one in that price range I would be all over it!!! Guess I need to keep on the search...

....last question, how does the scarcity of the Viking edition compare to the Sphere and Plume orange wrap editions?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The Sphere is the most scarce. I've only seen a couple copies of it, including the one that was mangled by the Post Office. The Plume is also scarce, but mainly because it's the first Gunslinger proof. I don't own either. I would say the Plume proof is not as scarce as the Viking one but is more desirable to most collectors. (I'd love to get one.)

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What happened to the end for the Gunslinger proof?
    I believe that the buyer didnt want it anymore, and the only way to get the money back was to send it back to the post office who was very likely to be trashing it. Unless a post office clerck would have grabbed it
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I believe that the buyer didnt want it anymore, and the only way to get the money back was to send it back to the post office who was very likely to be trashing it. Unless a post office clerck would have grabbed it
    IIRC, shibus put it up on ebay and an auction house bought it up and relisted it. Not sure what happened after that...

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry- I was thinking about the SPHERE Edition, in my comments. VERY rarely ever seen. I have the Sphere and Plume both. I confused it with the Viking Gunslinger proof.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry- I was thinking about the SPHERE Edition, in my comments. VERY rarely ever seen. I have the Sphere and Plume both. I confused it with the Viking Gunslinger proof.
    The memory isn't what it once was after one turns thirty like us.
    Last edited by Br!an; 12-16-2013 at 11:28 AM. Reason: LOL! It took me three tries to get the post correct!

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

or older!!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    IIRC, shibus put it up on ebay and an auction house bought it up and relisted it. Not sure what happened after that...
    At least it didnt get destroyed
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I edited the list in the first post to correct the cover color of the UK Doctor Sleep.

John

Country
    Country Flag

You could also maybe add that they are numbered, as well as having the name of the recipient of the book. But not signed?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Good idea!

Change done.

John

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Here are my copies of Orange Gunslinger proof and Viking Gunslinger proof...both signed...and they may (as far as I know) be the only signed copies out there.

In almost 20 years of serious King collecting, I've seen 3 Orange Gunslingers come up for sale (I estimate there are no more than 12) and perhaps 2 Viking Gunslingers up for grabs...Obviously, I don't see everything, but both are quite rare...I think an Orange Gunslinger would go for $1500 today and a Viking at close to $1000.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Here are my copies of Orange Gunslinger proof and Viking Gunslinger proof...both signed...and they may (as far as I know) be the only signed copies out there.

In almost 20 years of serious King collecting, I've seen 3 Orange Gunslingers come up for sale (I estimate there are no more than 12) and perhaps 2 Viking Gunslingers up for grabs...Obviously, I don't see everything, but both are quite rare...I think an Orange Gunslinger would go for $1500 today and a Viking at close to $1000.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 262 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 168 218 ... LastLast