Page 24 of 262 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 124 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Proofs

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

great job karen,well done.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I am excited!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one to read the new proofs!

John

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL. I seriously doubt I managed to get stuff like you do.

And I´d surelly exchange a big part of my stuff to have the chance of attending a King reading, shaking his hand and getting a book signed by him in person.

Who knows...maybe someday I have that chance
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, so far you managed getting into the inner circle of a lot of people.. why not him?
    Patience buddy, patience... ;-)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Ari will get there, no doubt about it.

Congrats, Karen, enjoy your JAS arc!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I'm glad to know I'm not the only one to read the new proofs!

John
    What's the point of getting the book early if you aren't going to read it!! DUH!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Karen, exactly - if I had that book I'd be reading it - starting with N!

It's like the people that bought Six Stories and are afraid to open it up! I guess it is truly only a fiscal investment for them. For me the investment is in what makes me happy and if I can read somethign (RE: Stephen King) early then so be it. I will take care not to destroy the binding, won't dog ear the pages etc, but I will read it! And will enjoy it! :-)

Its also kind of like me collecting hte first editions too. I would like a compelte set of First Editions and have but a few to go. just recently I purchased a 1st Thinner in G/VG condition. When i got it from Huthc I was elated. He must grade rather hard because the book was in much bettere condition that I expected. And I got it for around $45 (incl shipping) instead of paying $100 - $150 for an EX/EX Thinner. If I ever get around to rereading Thinner I will probably read this edition unless I still own the 3rd printing that I just replaced on my shelf! :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Lurking

Bob, too funny!

I am trying to be careful, but these damn paper covers make it hard to be. It came to be slightly dinged already, oh well.

I am reading from beginning to end. Can't hope around. Just finished Willa and am now reading Gingerbread Girl. Willa was cool.

Happy reading!!

K-

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I think that proofs, paperbacks (like SIX STORIES) and limited editions can be read carefully and suffer no real damage in the process. I don't hesitate to read them if I really want to.

But the last time I read a proof was DT7. I was so afraid that someone was going to leak the ending that I bought the proof very early (at a pretty high price) and didn't go near the internet for several days while I read it.

Since then, however, I am perfectly content to wait until the trade edition comes out to start reading. I'm just not as eager to read new King as I used to be. I think I have read all the stories in JUST AFTER SUNSET anyway, except for "N", I guess.

The only limited edition I can remember reading was THE EYES OF THE DRAGON. When the book was published the Philtrum Press edition was the only edition available so I carefully read it and enjoyed every bit of it. The Viking trade edition wasn't released until several months or maybe even a couple of years later. Now, in most cases, the limited edition trails the trade edition by several months so it is not an issue.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Scheduled for publication by Morrow in January 2009 is IN THE SHADOW OF THE MASTER. An anthology of classic Edgar Allen Poe stories edited by Michael Connelly. Each story is accompanied by an essay by a well-known writer. King's essay is titled "The Genius of 'The Tell-Tale Heart.'" I just got the advance uncorrected proof in the mail today. It looks like a good excuse to reread some Poe.

My Mood
    Lurking

does anyone need an excuse to read Poe?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Nice proof Bob. Congratulations.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Bob.

John

Thanks, guys. Not a bad buy for four bucks, I guess. It's been used (as proofs are meant to be) and maybe I'll upgrade it at some point down the road.

My Mood
    Lurking

If you upgade, can I have that one? HE HE

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    Sure. I might want to trade for something you recently got, though.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Nice try Bob.

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    Sure. I might want to trade for something you recently got, though.
    Knowing what JAS is going for lately and knowing what you paid for the Poe, hmmm, I am thinking, NOT!

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Is the essay by King a new piece of writing or something old?

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by jon10g View Post
    Is the essay by King a new piece of writing or something old?

Jon
    I think it is new but I haven't really researched it.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

For the ARC collectors, is this a very hard one to find?.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VERY-DESIRABLE-P...QQcmdZViewItem

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    For the ARC collectors, is this a very hard one to find?.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VERY-DESIRABLE-P...QQcmdZViewItem
    This is the 3rd listing of this. The price has dropped quite a bit.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hutch just snagged it!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice price too!
    Geoff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 262 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 124 ... LastLast