Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 200 of 262 FirstFirst ... 100 150 190 198 199 200 201 202 210 250 ... LastLast
Results 4,976 to 5,000 of 6527

Thread: Stephen King Proofs

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Gerald. The "small" Salem's Lot has been added to the listing.

John

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know how you do it Gerald, but you certainly have an amazing ability to track down rare items such as this. What an incredible discovery. Thanks for posting it, and good to see you back here.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

It resembles the small white "Special Reading Copy" of Carrie that followed the proof but preceded the trade edition. Do you think this is an edition similar to that?

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, another amazing one, Gerald. Thanks for sharing!

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing as always!!!

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

you have a printing press and you're making this stuff aren't you neo?
    just keep amazing us.... I don't know who I have a bigger crush on now... you or bob... makes me want to turn into a biblio-mormon

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good to see you back Gerald !

Amazing as always. Thanks for sharing

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you all for your kind words. I was very happy to finally track down a copy since I read about them over 15 years ago. Yes Bob, it is similar to the "Carrie" proof. It is not printed by Crane, but in-house. I don't have access to "Carrie" at this moment, but it is off-white/tan in color like that. It is a full-proof (439 pages), and the cover graphics resemble the finished dust jacket, like "Carrie". The only differences is that there is no "Q" code in the margin on the last page, the Library of Congress number is not present, and there is no mention of the edition being "Not for sale".

The seller told me that 'Carrie" was done as a way of introducing Stephen to the book buying community. That was done with new writers at the time. Several copies were given to the author, to allow them to hand them out to friends and family. It was this version that Stephen had inscribed to his mother just days before her passing. They were printed in late December 1973. "Salem's Lot" through to "The Stand" was more like a printer's proof to allow them to know the size of the text block. There were not as many copies made as a result. It's also possible that they were secondary proofs to allow them to make sure that all fixes were caught from the Crane. It will take time to compare this to the First Edition.

Gerald

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

What a gem! And if I understood your post correctly you have a lead on a similar 'small proof' of The Stand?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks again Gerald for sharing this with the community. Great to see you back.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing, Gerald. Thanks for sharing. You have another book that I will never own! How do you find these books?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gerald rarely posts on this forum, but every single time it's about an amazing new item added to the collection.
    Glad to see you're back. Thanks for sharing.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

May I echo all of the previous comments. Remarkable item. Great to have you back.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I slightly modified the description of the Salem's Lot proof in the listing.

John

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing such fascinating (to us) stories!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome back Mr. ANDERSON.... We've missed you....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Winters?

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Winters?

The Matrix/Neo reference I think, Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Winters?

The Matrix/Neo reference I think, Bob.
    Ah. I see. Got it.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry yep me and Geralds joke. It is from the matrix
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    What a gem! And if I understood your post correctly you have a lead on a similar 'small proof' of The Stand?
    Thank you all for your warm messages. I was spending some time in "01" or "Machine City" as humans like to call it. It is nice to be back in the Matrix though. Yes, the man who sold the "Salem's Lot" also sold his proof of "The Stand" over 30 years ago. That person still has it. It is the same 'smaller' format, but because "The Stand" was 823 pages in length, the spine on this proof was not meant to survive this long, being a paperback. The paper quality that was employed by Doubleday at the time for internal documents was inferior to the quality used today. I am told that it has been read and cracking has occurred. That being the case, it is still desirable in any condition.

Also, thanks again to Jhanic for explaining to me what another item I had was about. As this was the only one I have ever found, I was unsure what exactly it was. It is the "Blue Lines" of "The Talisman". This was used by the printers to set up the presses for the final product. This was created after all the proofs were done, and before the First Edition was printed. It is interesting to notice that there was still edits to be made in the final stages of this novel.

I hope you enjoy.
    Gerald

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Another amazing item!

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just finished reading this (yet again) a day or two ago, and I am almost exactly the same age as Jack Sawyer. Can I buy this for the stated $150.00?

Thanks, keep the stories/anecdotes coming. They're as interesting as the actual items.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Another previously unseen/unheard of item. Gerald, what's next?!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    Another previously unseen/unheard of item. Gerald, what's next?!
    Another previously unseen/unheard of item.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 200 of 262 FirstFirst ... 100 150 190 198 199 200 201 202 210 250 ... LastLast