Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 183 of 262 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 181 182 183 184 185 193 233 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,575 of 6527

Thread: Stephen King Proofs

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by neo_trinity View Post
    Yes, the remaining NEL proofs are all the same format as ‘Salem’s Lot. They are all brown wraps with a couple of differences with “Carrie” and “The Stand”. Actually Stu Tinker showed me a photo of your copy of “The Stand” about 8 years ago and asked me was it the same as the one I had. I told him that my copy did not have a dust jacket, and there was no graphic details on the covers at all. I told him that I had never seen a copy like the one you had, and still haven’t. Did you get it from the UK? I have never seen one in my travels.

Does your copy have cut page ends, and is the page type all the same color? You are very lucky as it looks beautiful.
    I would love to go to Thailand some day. Will definitely let you know if we do.

I did get my pre-publication copy of The Stand from the UK. It was listed on ABE and the seller said he used to have a bookstore and often got books in a similar format from publishers. He called it an Advance Reading Copy and seemed pretty sure of what he was talking about. I had always assumed that an earlier proof of the book was done and now you have confirmed it. The pages all seem to be the same color and the page ends are smooth. It is a nice copy. A little wrinkling to the dj on the spine due (I think) to the gluing process but otherwise it is about as new.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Damn, gone to fast ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Did seller pull it?

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes seller ended the auction.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I was about to sell my copy recently when I realized it was personalized to me by Peter. Phew--that was a close one!

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, that was fast... I like the Kurt Sutter inscription.

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Very Fast
    [FONT="Century Gothic"] There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.../FONT]Sixx: A.M. The Heroin Diaries

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't have expected those to start showing up for at least another month.

The listing in the first post of this thread has been updated.

John

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Sutter inscription is fabulous. I doubt the book will be for sale anytime soon.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

The Sutter inscription is fabulous. I doubt the book will be for sale anytime soon.
    Agreed on the inscription. Kurt is one lucky guy....

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Agreed on the inscription. Kurt is one lucky guy....
    And he is married to Peg Bundy!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know anything about this seller? I think this is about the 5th copy of the UK Revival proof he's posted. Was just curious.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Does anyone know anything about this seller? I think this is about the 5th copy of the UK Revival proof he's posted. Was just curious.
    6th actually - all different numbers. and he's had a variance in selling prices ($379.91, $129.37, $96.93, $143.83, $153.21)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Copper Dragon Books listed a Bachman Books proof on ABE recently and I was intrigued by the fact that they called it a proof for the Plume trade PB. I always thought (or should I say assumed) that the proof was done for the NAL trade HC. So I went and checked my copy and sure enough, it has the Plume 'P' on the front and spine.

I guess all the veteran proof collectors know this but I was genuinely surprised.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Copper Dragon Books listed a Bachman Books proof on ABE recently and I was intrigued by the fact that they called it a proof for the Plume trade PB. I always thought (or should I say assumed) that the proof was done for the NAL trade HC. So I went and checked my copy and sure enough, it has the Plume 'P' on the front and spine.

I guess all the veteran proof collectors know this but I was genuinely surprised.
    I hope people don't send money to Copper Dragon.
    Thumbs down all the away to them.

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post

I hope people don't send money to Copper Dragon.
    Thumbs down all the away to them.
    Hi,

I must admit that I have never purchased anything from Copper Dragon, but can I ask why you feel that way? I was speaking with Mark recently about a book and I would appreciate any insight if possible.

Thank you.
    Gerald

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Many years ago Mark sold me a "First Edition" of The Shining. This was before the gutter code for a true first was widely known. The book I bought had been carefully altered and a 1st edition CR page was inserted in a non 1st edition book. I firmly believe Mark was aware (and likely performed the act) that the book was bogus.
    He has also listed books on ABE, then pulled them after a buyer bought the item.

Some have bought from him with no problem, but I say Buyer Beware.

The next time you speak with him, feel free to tell him that he owes me a legitimate 1st edition of The Shining.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 183 of 262 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 181 182 183 184 185 193 233 ... LastLast