Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 262 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 200 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 6527

Thread: Stephen King Proofs

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I fixed the listing to indicate that there were 28 Roman numeral copies of the Six Stories proof.

John

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have number 3 of the 28 Roman Numeral copies.
    Nice catch John!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    My HC advance copy did not come with a publisher's letter. That proof dj is the only one I've ever seen.

John
    I was wrong. My HC advance copy of Under the Dome DID come with a publisher's letter. It's a photocopy, but it did come with the volume.

Here's a pic:

John

Citizen of Gilead olverts will become famous soon enough olverts will become famous soon enough olverts's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice John !

I have a proof with an interesting publisher“s letter : The Emerald Lizard by Chris Wiltz
    No writing by King in the proof but the publisher“s letter is addressed to Stephen King

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Just won a FDNS w/white tape spine on eBay for $211. Can't figure out why no one was bidding, I expected a lot more ... am I missing something here, or did it just pass under the radar? It looks to be in decent shape, I guess we'll find out when it shows up next week ... might have got myself a bargain.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Advance-Unco...p2047675.l2557

Or am I completely out of touch and off my rocker on pricing for these?
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it went under the radar. I was watching it, but because I already have one, I didn't bid. (Mine cost A LOT more than that one. You got a great deal!)

John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I did not see it but I haven't really been keeping up with proof auctions lately. I think that was a good deal. I saw that some of the usual suspects bid as well but I think they own copies already (like John) so maybe that's why they did not push it to the limit.

*edit: hm, this is weird. I can't find the auction when I go to eBay and check the sold/completed listings - I can only see it when I click George's link. Guess I missed it because I couldn't see the listing anyway.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That is strange Michaėl ... I can't find it with the normal searches either. It does show up in "My eBay" and I got the PayPal receipt, so it exists somewhere.

Thanks for setting my mind at ease John ... it really was very strange that it went so cheap and with next to no bidding competition. Maybe it was just a bit of luck that all the usual suspects already have it or were otherwise preoccupied today ... not that I'm complaining!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The french publisher is launching a contest with 30 french proofs of 22/11/63 to win.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The french publisher is launching a contest with 30 french proofs of 22/11/63 to win.
    Details, man, details!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Details!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Only opened to french residents (France, Corse, DOM-TOM)...
    If you are one of them, then >>> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stephe...51567011533288

So this proof aint gonna be scarce then.. oh well. I already got mine about 2 weeks ago :p
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Only opened to french residents (France, Corse, DOM-TOM)...
    That is NOT the details we were hoping for! But gee, maybe if we know someone who IS a French resident and is willing to enter on our behalf ....

Country
    Country Flag

Yep i guess so. But... i cannot help you with that, as i wont be able to enter the contest. Altough i think that the chances are really slim.
    The facebook page that holds the contest was launched on monday. There are now 4,334 fans (my own page only have 3,200...), and still a week left.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

My $211 eBay steal came in this afternoon's mail. Unfortunately the seller shipped in a flat-rate envelope with absolutely no additional padding or protection, and we all know how well that works. The back cover and end of the book paid the price. It's not toooo bad, and seller did only rate it as good ... trying to decide whether to keep it or not. I certainly don't think I'll find another copy at this price, no matter the condition. I'd rate it as Fine through about page 340, then Good or NF the rest of the way because of the bend. There's no other damage except the bend. Opinions?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    ... trying to decide whether to keep it or not. I certainly don't think I'll find another copy at this price, no matter the condition. Opinions?
    Yoda says:
    Answered your own question, you have.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, but I'm drugged up, just had knee surgery a couple of hours ago. Not 100% trusting of my own opinion right this particular minute. Percocet is your friend!

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe place a flat heavy object on it to see if you can flatten it out. Wait until the drugs wear off to make sure you have good coordination though.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe place a flat heavy object on it to see if you can flatten it out. Wait until the drugs wear off to make sure you have good coordination though.
    Wish I'd read that before laying the refrigerator on it's side. :-)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

You can flatten it, even use a press/clamp but it will likely revert a bit.
    I have been thinking about this lately (restoring/repairing a bent PB/ARE) and have a couple of ideas I wish to try. I will start on books that are of nominal value.
    Ideas include, but not limited to:
    • Humidify, but not soak book then clamp book using nonstick material to protect covers.
    • Dry heat ironing of book covers, then clamping.
    • Clamping book; then using clothes dryer (on the stationary rack inside) on dry heat mode.
    • Clamping book; then using clothes dryer (on the stationary rack inside) on steam mode.
    etc. etc.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

LOL!

Wish I'd read that before laying the refrigerator on it's side. :-)

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

You can flatten it, even use a press/clamp but it will likely revert a bit. I have been thinking about this lately (restoring/repairing a bent PB/ARE) and have a couple of ideas I wish to try. I will start on books that are of nominal value. Ideas include, but not limited to:

Humidify, but not soak book then clamp book using nonstick material to protect covers. Dry heat ironing of book covers, then clamping. Clamping book; then using clothes dryer (on the stationary rack inside) on dry heat mode. Clamping book; then using clothes dryer (on the stationary rack inside) on steam mode.
    I was already thinking clamping or just putting under a large weight, but your other approaches are intriguing ... especially the stationary rack ones. Very interested to hear the results if you experiment.

Country
    Country Flag

1. Pet Sematary,
    Stephen King
    Doubleday, 1983, Paperback, , New York, Doubleday, 1983. Manuscript proof copy. Paperback. This is the second issue proof, preceded by the scarce typescript issue of c50 copies.
    Prix : £ 70,00 (EUR 85,26)
    http://www.abebooks.fr/servlet/Listi...033&cm_la=want

2. Pet Sematary,
    Stephen King
    Doubleday, 1983, Paperback, , New York, Doubleday, 1983. Manuscript proof copy. Paperback. Believed to be one of less than 50 copies. This copy is signed "For David, Best, Stephen King.
    Prix : £ 600,00 (EUR 730,77)
    http://www.abebooks.fr/servlet/Listi...032&cm_la=want

Citizen of Gilead olverts will become famous soon enough olverts will become famous soon enough olverts's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That“s the two copies i sold on ebay a while ago
    I think they paid just over $200 for both proofs

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

EOTD still only at $41 with less than two hours to go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...:B:WNA:US:1123
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    $75! That was a GREAT prince

John
    Sure was, looked to be in fantastic condition too ... Lauterer got a deal!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauterer View Post
    Sure was, looked to be in fantastic condition too ... Lauterer got a deal!
    Hopefully ^^
    Will post better pics after it arrived...!

Finally i must say the proof EotD book never arrived... i got a full refund from paypal, but i much more wanted to have the book... but after now 2 months i give up the hope...

I really must think about buying from USA. Last year i lost parcels in the value over 1000US$, including one 1/1 gunslinger, one OY-statue, the proof EodT and two other book-parcels... on the other hand are about 15 US-parcels that arrived, so there is a loss-quote round about 25%. This is really to much!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 262 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 200 ... LastLast