Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 138 of 262 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 188 238 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 6527

Thread: Stephen King Proofs

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

A slightly higher-rez version of the scan I posted in the CD thread, no black borders this time:

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Desperation (the one with King's name spelled right)

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hurry ?!?!?

Doctor Sleep CD proof $150 BIN

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Doctor-Sleep...item41880a0245

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Hurry ?!?!?

Doctor Sleep CD proof $150 BIN

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Doctor-Sleep...item41880a0245
    That was a FANTASTIC buy!

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired

So, I need a little advice on a newly acquired proof. It's hard to bring this up because it's so newly acquired and I'm so enamored with it. IT has quite the prominent place on my "favorites" bookshelf. But, I have a baby boy that's due in 4 weeks, and could literally come any day now. I promised my wife when I bought the SK grab bag that I'd sell one of the books, and now we're in a bit of a pickle with some recent charges being returned to us by the insurance company. And I'm starting to drag this out because I don't want to ask...

What do you folks think of the value of the CD Advance Uncorrected Proof of IT? I know from statements by Brian in the CD thread that only 20 of the proofs were made, and some number of those went into the grab bag. It's very limited in the first place with only 2,750 of the Gift, 750 of the signed numbered, and the 52 lettered.

And then there's the "marvel factor". It's an incredible proof at 1,046 pages with all those interior illustrations. I can't really imagine letting it go, but I do need to start to put my collecting into a greater context with the coming familial changes. Thoughts?

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by KingKornKarn View Post
    So, I need a little advice on a newly acquired proof. It's hard to bring this up because it's so newly acquired and I'm so enamored with it. IT has quite the prominent place on my "favorites" bookshelf. But, I have a baby boy that's due in 4 weeks, and could literally come any day now. I promised my wife when I bought the SK grab bag that I'd sell one of the books, and now we're in a bit of a pickle with some recent charges being returned to us by the insurance company. And I'm starting to drag this out because I don't want to ask...

What do you folks think of the value of the CD Advance Uncorrected Proof of IT? I know from statements by Brian in the CD thread that only 20 of the proofs were made, and some number of those went into the grab bag. It's very limited in the first place with only 2,750 of the Gift, 750 of the signed numbered, and the 52 lettered.

And then there's the "marvel factor". It's an incredible proof at 1,046 pages with all those interior illustrations. I can't really imagine letting it go, but I do need to start to put my collecting into a greater context with the coming familial changes. Thoughts?
    If you do decide to sell keep me in mind. I would love a CD IT proof.
    Jon

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe you'd have quite a few interested buyers here on the site alone. My honest opinion, given your circustances, would be to put it up on eBay (to ensure the largest audience possible) and advertise it here as well. Being it will (likely) be the first to go up for sale, and that the production number was so low, you will gather quite a few bidders and it will go for the perceived value, whatever that may be. It's certainly not going to be $50, if that's what you're worried about. Of course you can always put a reserve on it to be safe, and a Buy It Now or Make An Offer as well, to see what you get. You could also put it up in a bigger auction like Heritage, or just plain up for sale on AbeBooks or somesuch. eBay would be faster though. JMO.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I agree with George. And congratulations with the upcoming addition to the family! My son was born almost six months ago and it's life-changing, to say the least

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post

I believe you'd have quite a few interested buyers here on the site alone. My honest opinion, given your circustances, would be to put it up on eBay (to ensure the largest audience possible) and advertise it here as well. Being it will (likely) be the first to go up for sale, and that the production number was so low, you will gather quite a few bidders and it will go for the perceived value, whatever that may be. It's certainly not going to be $50, if that's what you're worried about. Of course you can always put a reserve on it to be safe, and a Buy It Now or Make An Offer as well, to see what you get. You could also put it up in a bigger auction like Heritage, or just plain up for sale on AbeBooks or somesuch. eBay would be faster though. JMO.
    Im not sure if this is the right place for the question but what would be an estimate value for the CD uncorrected proofs and the unbound proofs that people just received in their grab bags? I've never paid much attention to proofs prior to this.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post

Im not sure if this is the right place for the question but what would be an estimate value for the CD uncorrected proofs and the unbound proofs that people just received in their grab bags? I've never paid much attention to proofs prior to this.
    Personally, I'd say in the $200 range. The CD It proof may go a bit higher. Just my opinion, though.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was thinking the CD IT proof might go closer to $300, but I am by no means the expert. However I did get one in my grab bag and have lain hands on that beauty, and my first thought was: "Wow...bet I could make a few bucks selling this!" (But I wouldn't dare, so don't ask! )

Gunslinger Apprentice KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I agree with George. And congratulations with the upcoming addition to the family! My son was born almost six months ago and it's life-changing, to say the least
    Thanks for all the well wishes. I couldn't be happier about this new addition to life and all that will follow. I think I'm as prepared as one can be (it's our first) in every way except for my collecting habits. And giving her all due credit, my wife hasn't said a word.... yet.

So, I appreciate the various input on best ways forward. Particularly the advice from George at C Springs. I don't yet know if I'll go that route or any other. I don't want to sell it. And like dnemec just said above, you might be able to make some $ with IT, but who would want to let it go? It's quite awesome and a real credit to what the final published version must be like (I don't own one). So, I shall think for a bit and look at other options. I don't have much time, but there must be other ways, other things that can be sacrificed.

Gunslinger Apprentice mcdonaldj will become famous soon enough mcdonaldj's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I received my first ever S.K. ARC - Bag of Bones today which I bought because $100 for an inscribed copy seemed like a good deal. What I did not factor in was how much I would like how the signed ARC next to the signed trade edition looks. It has me thinking how great the proofs of other books would look next to the 1/1 trades.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Thanks for all the well wishes. I couldn't be happier about this new addition to life and all that will follow. I think I'm as prepared as one can be (it's our first) in every way except for my collecting habits. And giving her all due credit, my wife hasn't said a word.... yet.

So, I appreciate the various input on best ways forward. Particularly the advice from George at C Springs. I don't yet know if I'll go that route or any other. I don't want to sell it. And like dnemec just said above, you might be able to make some $ with IT, but who would want to let it go? It's quite awesome and a real credit to what the final published version must be like (I don't own one). So, I shall think for a bit and look at other options. I don't have much time, but there must be other ways, other things that can be sacrificed.
    I too have an ARC of IT from CD, if you review old threads you can see some collectors only collect the double day proofs, some collect everything, some do UK, etc... Until yesterday, I was not interested as much in the CD Arcs until I realized I already have sod1, sod2 and Screamplays and now IT. I love the IT ARC. My new favorite! I debated trying to get a few $$ for it, but I have never sold anything in my collection, for fear of missing it too much. Yep read old threads, people sell and then miss their treasures and buy them again!

now what to do with my unbound proof of dr sleep..... do I take it to Kinkos and get it bound? is it worth anything? looks like a loose leaf copy of a book.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't have much time, but there must be other ways, other things that can be sacrificed.
    The one good thing about books is that they can almost always be replaced; sooner or later one will come up for sale again, you just have to be patient. While I treasure my collection, if push comes to shove I know the books are valuable and I'd hate to get rid of them, but I also know I can get them all again.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=Roseannebarr;877293]
    now what to do with my unbound proof of dr sleep..... do I take it to Kinkos and get it bound? is it worth anything? looks like a loose leaf copy of a book.
    I would not have it bound. It was issued as an unbound proof and, I think, would be more valuable leaving it that way.

John

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

You could maybe get a slipcase or traycase made to store it.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I thought I was prepared and I wasn't - my boy Julian is our first, too - but no matter how tough it may be (and it will be tough, sometimes!) it's all worth it! Just look at this:

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

I thought I was prepared and I wasn't - my boy Julian is our first, too - but no matter how tough it may be (and it will be tough, sometimes!) it's all worth it! Just look at this:

Great Picture Michael!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Appears unread, but has flaw(s). One bid, $80:
    Misery by Stephen King--Advanced Reader Copy (ARC)/Proof

Country
    Country Flag

It should not go much higher - fine copies have changed hands for $100-150. But if it stays at $80 I think it's a good deal.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Posted this in P & J thread but I can't help myself!
    REVIVAL PROOF UK LIMITED EDITION 1/200
    Cover

+ Reply to Thread
Page 138 of 262 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 188 238 ... LastLast