Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 262 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 128 178 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 6527

Thread: Stephen King Proofs

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Here is something that I had not seen before. A proof by Scribner of Robin Furth's DT Concordance, Vol. I. with white taped spine. I collect pretty much anything with original writing by King and this, to me, is significant for the introduction by King. If the seller is to be believed he says in his listing "A genuinely scarce edition. Scribner printed only a handful of copies of the proof and then recalled them all, presumably because the printing process somehow deleted almost all punctuation in the entire book, rendering the text pretty much unreadable." I scanned through the book and, indeed, there are no periods, commas, etc. throughout the book.

Photo of the cover and of the first page of King's introduction.

Bob-

I have a copy of this one also and signed by Robin Furth

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I'm going to have to try to find one.

John

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I have that Bev has two copies!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Not any more!!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I bought one from Bev. I should have it soon.

John

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Yeah, I just sent it out via Charlie Utter's freight business (you'll only get that if you watch Deadwood!), aka the USPS priority mail.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Bev. I'll let you know by email (plus I'll be posting the picture here and in my collections page) when I get it!

John

Gunslinger Apprentice F1racefan is on a distinguished road F1racefan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I am confused about the DTI Plume alternate cover. Is the alternate cover only for the ARC, or were some of the trade editions published with the alternate cover?

Thanks,

Greg

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a good question, Greg. I've always assumed that the variant Plume cover was done as an ARC, but I have a gut feeling that some may have made it out into the bookstores. They ARE pretty scarce, though, so I don't think many were ever done.

John

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Let's say there are three states to the Plume 1988 softcover:

1) The standard trade edition
    2) The ARC with alternate cover
    3) Trade edition with alternate cover

#1 and #2 are only distinguishable by the different cover. #2 and #3 are indistinguishable. If they are exactly the same, does it make sense to make a differentiation between them? Would an equally valid "gut feeling" be that because the ARC's had price info, etc., that they just ended up on the shelves? Inquiring minds want to know.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I vaguely remember something about the "kick-off" party for the Plume Gunslinger that featured the "variant" cover as THE cover. King saw that and did not like it, so they were recalled and the new (standard) one took its place. It's very possible that a box or two of the variants saw a release to the bookstores before the recall. Of course, I'm old and my memory is not to be trusted.

John

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, whatever it is, it's probably worth more than $1.76, right (http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...gunslinger+arc)?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, yes! Definitely!

John

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

Don't know if they make dustjacket ARCs or what but I have a version of the UK dustjacket for Hearts in Atlantis that was done beofore King added the fifth story "Heavenly Shades of Night are Falling" and it would be quite interesting to know if these kind of things are usual or what.

The finished dustjacket

The ARC

The flapps. To the left the finished one that mentiones "Heavenly Shades of Night are Falling" and to the right the ARC.

Lilja

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very interesting!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

They are very common, just let me take that off your hands for a dollar. (That's a sly ploy to get that jacket from you, don't believe a word of it!)
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

:-) Nice try!

Lilja

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are very unusual. I've never seen anything like that one. I noticed they increased the price of the book by one pound also.

The verbiage on the back is different also.

John

The extra pound is for the fifth story :-)

Lilja

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice find Lilja!

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Orange Plume proof of DT 2 on eBay, not a perfect copy so shouldn't be too pricey ... $40 right now ... nice if you just want a copy that doesn't have to be F/F.

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-KING-DRA...item5ae05262ff

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

bumping this since it was buried to deep for my thread scanning abilities

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

There is a policy not to have too many 'sticky' threads but this one should be 'stickied' ('stickified'?) IMO.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree

and would like to see one for Limited editions also.... if anyone is up for the chore.
    (thanks john for keeping this UTD)

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Basically, all the 'reference' threads could/should be stickied... There aren't that many that the first page of The Corner would get too cluttered (I think).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 262 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 128 178 ... LastLast