Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: The Best Movie of All Time Tournament - The Sequel!!

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

This was fun, btu to be completely fair it should have been stratified so that the older movies are not competing with more recent releases. even splitting it up so that 1969 and down are not stacked up against 1970 and up would have been more appropriate because most of the younger voters have not even heard of some of the older classics

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by jemaher View Post
    This was fun, btu to be completely fair it should have been stratified so that the older movies are not competing with more recent releases. even splitting it up so that 1969 and down are not stacked up against 1970 and up would have been more appropriate because most of the younger voters have not even heard of some of the older classics
    I agree in principle, especially as a fan of many older movies which lost out, in all likelihood, because they are not as widely known. Of course, had there been any demarcation due to date, it wouldn't really be a Best Movie Of All Time tournament would it.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Maybe we could do a best movie by decade in the future or something. I agree that there are so many great older films out there, and I was very sad to not see at least one of them move a bit further.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

We should definitely do something pre-1960.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That would be interesting.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I think a best movie by decade would be fun.

Think of the 1930's and 1940's!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post

decade would result in too many polls which would be a lot of work for someone to set up. i proposed a dichotomy to be fair to the older movies, but perhaps a compromise of quarter century..1925 to 1950, 1951 to 1975, 1976 to 2000 and 2000+ would group similar films together and not be overwhelming....i love polls.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jemaher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post

decade would result in too many polls which would be a lot of work for someone to set up. i proposed a dichotomy to be fair to the older movies, but perhaps a compromise of quarter century..1925 to 1950, 1951 to 1975, 1976 to 2000 and 2000+ would group similar films together and not be overwhelming....i love polls.
    But you can't forget pre 1925. There were some great and very influential films made right at the beginning. Without those we wouldn't have films like we do now.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Indeed there were.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Feev, do plan on releasing a complete tally of all the movies once this is over? I'd be curious how they all ranked.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I hadn't considered that, but now that you mention it....

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Have you considered presenting it in a power point format?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn, that would be one long ass power point presentation!

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

It was just a joke, but it would be really cool to see what you came up with.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Shawshank rules! ....But i watched green mile last nite and I was again amazed at how wonderfully the story translated onto film.

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I hadn't considered that, but now that you mention it....
    Great! I can't wait to see it.
    How are you going to do it, by total number of votes per movie?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8