Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Love for Song

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Great part, I really loved the crazy preacher and how he told the cop giving him a ticket to go screw..in a Biblical, Christian manner of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    I love the part when Jake gets pissed off the (cab?) driver who almost hit Oy... at that moment I realised first time what a gunslinger Jake had become.
    As a native New Yorker, this entire sequence was one I could picture clear as day as if I were there todash. It's very authentic, and Jake reacted to that cabbie the way any good New York boy would, with the threat of violence.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the part when Jake gets pissed off the (cab?) driver who almost hit Oy... at that moment I realised first time what a gunslinger Jake had become.
    This definitly ranks at the top

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Definitely the scene where King met Eddie and Roland. Him running into the lake was classic!!!

I am a BIG fan of Sai King being a character.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Great part, I really loved the crazy preacher and how he told the cop giving him a ticket to go screw..in a Biblical, Christian manner of course.
    As a native New Yorker, this entire sequence was one I could picture clear as day as if I were there todash. It's very authentic, and Jake reacted to that cabbie the way any good New York boy would, with the threat of violence.
    *sigh*
    I must see New York one day.

Roland would have understood.

I must see New York one day.
    Yes, you must. I love King for putting the Rose there and proving what I have always said to be true, that NYC is the center of the universe.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Another favorite part of this book is when Susannah is at the hotel and the hotel clerk says what I have in one of my quotes. Talk about a big signal to her.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Another favorite part of this book is when Susannah is at the hotel and the hotel clerk says what I have in one of my quotes. Talk about a big signal to her.
    I finished a re-read of S.o.S. a few days ago, and I thought of your sig when I got to that point. I enjoy all of the scenes where Susannah-Mio fascinates people with the turtle, particularly the parts like your quote where the Discordia bleeds into the psyche of the person and spills out in things like what the desk clerk says.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like that the desk clerk was really hot.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    I like that the desk clerk was really hot.
    Yes, that was key to the whole moment.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I have keen insight into the series folks. I'll be here all this week!!

Seriously though, after just completing my second listening of Song, I can appreciate the Mia-Susannah parts a bit more now. Susannah is one tough cookie.

Glad you're appreciating them more..I especially enjoyed Mia telling of her meeting Walter

Country
    Country Flag

I think I can safely put Mia into my Cal Tower/Cordelia Delgado-please-shoot-me-dead list. I feel sorry that Susannah had to put up with her.

I love when Mia freaked out because the Japanese tourists wanted her to take a picture of them...she was about ready to kill when they whipped out that camera!

Country
    Country Flag

Totally!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Glad you're appreciating them more..I especially enjoyed Mia telling of her meeting Walter
    Oh yes. At that part I felt I might have done the same in Mia's shoes.. after that I couldn't hate here or be angry with her.

I love when Mia freaked out because the Japanese tourists wanted her to take a picture of them...she was about ready to kill when they whipped out that camera!
    The audiobook reading in that part is awesome. George Guidall [sp?] does a great job depicting how freaked Mia gets.

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

SoS might have been my favorite book of the last three.

All the scenes I loved have already been mentioned, i think.

- Jake bugging on the cab driver

- Susannah and Mia on top of Castle Discordia

- Eddie and Roland meeting Stephen King

- The conversation between Callahan and Jake before the Dixie Pig

- Susannah's scene while she's watching the guy play the guitar before she goes into the Dixie Pig

- The snot eating mutie and his run-in with Roland

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I love all those. I may have to borrow this one from the library for my next listen.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

hmm. you know, i think the snot eating mutie bit was from 7, but fuck it. it's still great.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Beck View Post
    hmm. you know, i think the snot eating mutie bit was from 7, but fuck it. it's still great.
    the snot-eating one [hayliss, aka "chucky"] was in #7, but roland and eddie met chevin of chavin in #6 so you get partial credit mike.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Beck View Post
    - Jake bugging on the cab driver

- The conversation between Callahan and Jake before the Dixie Pig.
    These are fantastic parts!

Country
    Country Flag

That conversation is very touching.

Country
    Country Flag

Default SOS

I have just seen it.
    SOS
    The whole book is about an SOS (save our souls - even the plural form)... I don't think Sai King gave this title because its short version is SOS but still,
    it's quite interesting, isn't it?

(or am I just way too romantic and silly?)

I think it's a cool coincidence, and that you can never be TOO silly.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

nor too romantic.

...and there are no coincidences.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast