Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Love for Song

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    I hang on every single word during the palaver between Eddie, Steve, and Roland. It's amazing!!!!

Yeah, I especially love the scene where Roland mesmerized King and he tells them about the red spiders in the chickens sent by the Crimson King. It gives me chills everytime I read it.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It definitely rings with me, probably due to arachnophobia.
    My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

those ubiquitous spider gags always seemed to me rather thin, but the rest of King-Roland-Eddie palaver was superb!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Thin as a spider's silk?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

thin as a spider's leg, and poor as a spider's home, and transparent as a spider's web

Country
    Country Flag

Ah. Point taken, sai.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    those ubiquitous spider gags always seemed to me rather thin, but the rest of King-Roland-Eddie palaver was superb!
    I don't take your meaning here? Are you saying that he threw in the spiders as a scare or something? The spiders were in the chickens for a reason, they were trying to bite King to make him into Los's pet vampire writer. Los is the Lord of Spiders afterall so wouldn't it make sense that he sent spiders to do this job among others of his soldiers?
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Default Your Favorite Moments in Song of Susannah

One of mine is the whole scene where Roland mesmerizes King, especially the bit about the crimson spiders in the chickens. It gives me chills and makes me oh so happy..

Eyes Like Silver Dollars Tvmorbid is on a distinguished road Tvmorbid's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah all the scenes with King are awesome, another favorite of mine is where Susannah manipulates that Swedish guy with the little ivory turtle

BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When you're down here with us, you'll float too!

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know this has been mentioned before but I just finished SoS on my audio re-read last night. The Reverend Harrigan is my favorite part of that book. I love the book but Gawd-Bomb scene is the best!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the red spiders in the chickens thing actually happened to him.

Scary as hell imo.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Country
    Country Flag

GAWD BOMB!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

"GAWD-BOMB, can you say hallelujah?"

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I think the red spiders in the chickens thing actually happened to him.

Scary as hell imo.

If you could post a link to some interview where he says that, that would be awesome.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Its just a feeling I have actually, I have never heard him say it.

I just think, as an author, SK probably uses versions of stuff that has happened to him for his books.

I also know he grew up pretty poor and spent time on farms.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

I'm re-reading SOS right now and another favorite part is towards the beginning where Jake and Callahan are talking and Jake tells Callahan that he doesn't want to talk about where Susannah might be because he has a strong feeling that the Crimson King is looking for her.

Country
    Country Flag

CK, I really enjoyed that whole conversation between Jake and the Pere as they are walking into the Dixie Pig. Callahan asking Jake will I be a gunslinger afterwards and the Pere blessing them beforehand. Good scene.

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    CK, I really enjoyed that whole conversation between Jake and the Pere as they are walking into the Dixie Pig. Callahan asking Jake will I be a gunslinger afterwards and the Pere blessing them beforehand. Good scene.
    Yeah the overlapping scene with the beginning of DT7. Great stuff.

Along the Path of the Beam Valkyrie is on a distinguished road Valkyrie's Avatar

I loved Song Of Susannah and I thought it was beautifully written. I have loved all of these books and could never rank them in any kind of order, but I have to say that DT5 and DT6 were the ones I had the hardest time leaving. I was reading every second of every available minute I could.

Country
    Country Flag

I accidentally bought a second copy of the trade hardcover on Saturday. Hey, it was only $1.

Along the Path of the Beam Valkyrie is on a distinguished road Valkyrie's Avatar

Disgusted though I was, I still enjoyed reading about Mordred's birth and was rather horrified as he morphed into a spider and sucked his mother dry. I also enjoyed Detta a whole lot in this book (and the final book). I was never a big fan of hers until this book.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Matt - I couldn't help feeling when I reread the book last that I'd heard SK say somewhere that that had happened...no idea where I'd of heard that though!

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    Disgusted though I was, I still enjoyed reading about Mordred's birth and was rather horrified as he morphed into a spider and sucked his mother dry. I also enjoyed Detta a whole lot in this book (and the final book). I was never a big fan of hers until this book.
    Cool...personally I loved the Mordred's birth scene but thats in DT7, what are some of your favorite scenes in Song of Susannah?

Country
    Country Flag

I have just realized that the whole Song consists of my favorite moments only.

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    Cool...personally I loved the Mordred's birth scene but thats in DT7, what are some of your favorite scenes in Song of Susannah?
    OOPS! I pulled out my copy and read the last page and realized that we didn't see Mordred until the last book. I totally forgot that! These books always end in such odd places. Thanks for pointing that out to me!

Favorite SoS scenes:

1. Mia taking Suze on a little journey to see where she comes from and what she originally looked like.
    2. The gunfight at the store when Roland and Eddie first arrive in Maine.
    3. I love the scene when King first meets Roland and Eddie.
    4. I love the scene in Susannah's Doggan where she first sees Mordred on the screne. Creepy!
    5. I love the scene when they go through the doors in the very beginning.

Those are just a few.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast