Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: The Office - Dunder Mifflin Infinity

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

You already spent money on Carnivale; you will watch.

I haven't yet had a chance to watch more because of work. Maybe I'll watch some today.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    You already spent money on Carnivale; you will watch.
    Yeah, but not necessarily right away. I'll watch what I can, anyway. Hopefully, now that all that scene setting is out of the way, I'll start finding it interesting.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the Office, btw. Same goes to bears, too. Especially ep 4. That one's a classic.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

soon

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Been rewatching the earlier seasons of the US version. Season 1 was ok, but it took a while to kind of step out of the shadow of the original and find its own footing, but I really do enjoy the 2nd season, especially for Jim and Pam, the two actors have really great chemistry there. It's not quite as satisfying as the original, but it's a pretty darn good sitcom. It makes me sad that the network still has it on the air and, unsurprisingly, there are tons of complaints about the show running out of steam. Big reason why i pretty much stopped at season 3 was that the main story with Jim and Pam at least was finished. Not a perfect ending, but a better one than the show will ultimately get.

- Melike

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm on episode three and the show (the original) is starting to grow on me.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

Now that this last season is over, I have to say I really enjoyed this past season. I thought the changes after Michael left helped make the show funnier, and this past season was better than the previous 2 imo. I'm interested to see what happens going forward.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I'm on episode three and the show (the original) is starting to grow on me.
    This makes me smile.

- Melike

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Also in time for ep 4 too, which is one of my favourite eps. As much as I've enjoyed the US Office, nothing comes close to that episode.

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I've stumbled across this, and it's an interesting read, examining comments from Gervais on the US Office and how he feels about both shows:

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...act-32213.html

I think he's really on the money. I've nearly finished season 5, and up to what I've seen, it's still a good show. Note I said "good", at this point. Earlier seasons, with the exception of the first, perhaps, it was a great one. The Jim and Pam relationship was done really well, and there were a lot more laugh out loud moments. At the point I'm at, they're still there, but not quite so much. There's some nice drama, but it's just not as good as a couple of years before. Knowing that Michael Scott leaves in season 7 is a good moment as any for me to stop, really.

I also love how honest he is about why he did the US Office: for the money, not for the art, unlike the UK series. And I think that's a valid point, and why the UK series is so completely misunderstood a lot of the time - it is one of very, very few tv shows I've seen that, along with HBO greats The Sopranos and The Wire, could be labelled as "art". You can't really label the US show as such, but it's one hell of an easy watch, having watched the last 5 seasons over a couple of months. I think Gervais has really made it clear why they're so radically different, though.

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Copying and pasting this from the RTLMYS thread because it felt relevant. Plus, I'm rewatching The Office right now, and it's still absolutely fucking brilliant. David Brent is one of my favourite TV characters ever, really.

David Brent: Life on the Road

David Brent is back! Since The Office finished back in 2003, the embarrassing boss played by Ricky Gervais has appeared in YouTube videos, sketches, and even in a couple of cameos for the American version. But now he’s finally appearing in a film for the big screen! (If you’re in the UK, at least. I think it’s getting a Netflix release in most other places, which doesn’t surprise me.) Is it a great continuation of The Office, or does it compromise too much?

One aspect I loved about the original version of The Office was how well it stuck to its mockumentary aspect. Not only did the “talking heads” scenes help give some real insight into how the characters really felt about their job and their boss in an upfront but believable way, but the moments where they say or do something completely stupid, followed by their reaction when they realised it had been caught on camera, were always hysterical. Life on the Road continues that exact same style, which was more than welcome.

The humour of the film isn’t exactly a laugh a minute, and there are many situations that feel horrendously more awkward than funny, but there are definitely moments that will have you laughing your arse off, too.

What I enjoyed about The Office most, more than the humour or the mockumentary style of it though, were the characters and their story. David Brent in particular outwardly seems funny to watch in an awkward way, but as the series went on, you could tell how much of a sad and lonely man he really was. When The Office ended, it seemed to wrap everything up (particularly with Tim and Dawn, which is still one of my favourite love stories of television, quite frankly), so I wasn’t sure how well continuing a story with Brent would work.

Surprisingly, as a continuation, it works really well. Brent is, in some ways, more of a tragicomic figure than ever. He’s no longer a boss, he’s a sales rep with dreams of bigger things, and he’s still trying far too hard to be liked. The idea that he decides to “go on tour” with a new band just because there’s a new documentary crew catching up on his life is a really nice touch. Overall, the story at times can be as depressing as it is funny, as we uncomfortably watch a middle-aged man have a massive mid-life crisis make one mistake after another. The fact that it also seems to have a lot of heart, like other stories that Gervais has worked on, is as surprising as it is rewarding.

If you didn’t enjoy the original series of The Office, this film definitely won’t be for you. It’s exactly as uncomfortable, bleak and depressing as the original series was. If you were a fan or if you’re looking for subtle, awkward humour with a great look at a man who simply tries too hard, then you should enjoy this film. Is it worth seeing on the big screen? To be honest, not really, but it was definitely great to be reunited with David Brent once more. 8/10

- Melike

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Comedy Central was playing Season 1 last night (which kept me from accomplishing anything I had planned on doing) and I got really cracked up at this line by Dwight: "When I was in the 6th grade, I was a finalist in our school spelling bee. It was me against Raj Patel. I misspelled, in front of the entire school, the word "failure."

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I stand by my assessment that Steve Carell's performance in the Office is the single greatest comedic performance of any TV show or Movie I've seen, ever.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Steve Carell is fucking great on The Office.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9