Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: The Office - Dunder Mifflin Infinity

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'd definitely go for it being more intentional than unintentional, myself. Especially with how uncomfortable it is to watch at times. Always feels a little closer to real life than what most comedies should be. One of the reasons why I love it so much.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmm..I get the impression they intended the uncomfortable vibe, but it ended up being significantly more than they intended. I'll watch more...whether they want me to or not. Realize there is the possibility I'll watch it all and decide I don't like it for the same reasons you like it.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Oh, really Jean? That's a shame. Felt certain you would've enjoyed it, both as a fan of British comedy and how subtle and multilayered it is.
    I am enjoying it. I hate the picture, the camera, the light, the editing and all other things that make it a TV show as opposed to a movie (like LoM is a movie shown on television and consisting of parts, not a TV show), but, as I said, I either like or love the rest - all that you've mentioned, and all that Brice has complained of in the post above. As you predicted, the
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice
    voyeuristic/uncomfortable/claustrophobic feel
    is something that never fails to please bears

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ah, I get ya. Yeah, I can definitely understand that. Yeah, I think, in terms of directing, editing etc, the closest thing i've seen on television that comes remotely close to feeling like a film like LoM did was Cracker. Original, of course, not (as should be expected) the Americanised remake. Watched about 5 minutes, couldn't stand another second of it.

But in terms of everything else, I'm very glad to know you're still enjoying the office. In fact, it was the reasons that Brice pointed out for it being so strange that made me think you might get some enjoyment out of it.

- Melike

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I generally don't watch TV.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Nor do I.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I generally don't watch TV.
    You can't be that surprised, Ricky. This is Jean we're talking about here. Remember what he thought of Lost?

- Melike

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just can't imagine not watching TV.

And I'm trying to forget what he though of LOST.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I remember it....but I remember it as bears ADORED LOST.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Abhored, Brice, he abhored Lost.

Life on Mars, on the other hand....

- Melike

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am a burnout. I can convince myself of anything nearly. See I can recognize what you're saying and ten seconds later believe you said the opposite...or something entirely different.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ah, so you'd hear that Jean hated Blink, interpret it as Jean loved Blink, but then in that instance you'd be right, however you now believe that you were wrong after all. Correct?

- Melike

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe what I wish to believe.

If you rescue me

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

bears don't even own a TV set, nor intend to get one!

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yes, I thought that, as a fan of British comedy (particularly Blackadder), you'd enjoy that, bears!

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

yes, I was hearing Blackadder's voice while reading this!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

bears don't even own a TV set, nor intend to get one!

*forgets*

If you rescue me

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*forgets*

forgot what ?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I think you meant to post this pic, feev:

...hold on, I thought I was gonna post a pic. Meh, never mind, it'll come back to me.

- Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

no I'm prettyyyyyyyyyy sure I meant to post that one.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Watch more Who, then you'll be absolutely sure.

- Melike

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Huh?

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Huh?
    Exactly.

By the way, you were telling me how much you loved The Office?

- Melike

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Luckily I never forget what I say...unless you know...it's convenient.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Hey, that's exactly my policy, too! Although I swear I said something about watching more Carnivale, but....nope, it's gone!

Where are you up to in the Office watch, anyway?

- Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast