Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office - Dunder Mifflin Infinity

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Knew you'd like that one, Pam! But if there's one moment that makes me laugh so much more (of which there isn't, there's tons, but this one springs to mind after that quote) is this discussion about the difference between midgets and dwarfs...whilst an employee is getting made redundant.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vigyy3hpXPk"]YouTube- The Office (ORIGINAL) Redundancies[/ame]

See, this is why it's more difficult to quote UK than US: the laughs come from the "WTF?!?" silences as much as the lines themselves, imo!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

So.... what's an elf??

I am so going to watch the UK Office again this weekend.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Gay

Hey Office US Fans... Amazon.com has seasons 1-5 on sale today in the GOLD BOX, for $71.99.

That's a pretty good price for 5 seasons!

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

My Mood
    Gay

Ryan: A few years ago, my family was on a safari in Africa and my cousin, Mufasa, was um, he was trampled to death by a pack of wildebeasts and um, we all took it really hard. All of us kind of in the audience, of what happened.

Michael Scott: Do you wanna talk about it anymore?

Ryan: Oh it would probably take an hour and half to tell that whole story.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Dwight [Reading suggestions for health-care coverage: Who thought of this one? Anal fissures.
    Kevin Malone: That's a real thing.
    Dwight Schrute: Yeah, but no one here has it.
    Kevin Malone: [quietly] Someone has it.
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    Gay

I love Kevin. He cracks me up.

Another favorite of mine :

Jim Halpert: Question. What kind of bear is best?
    Dwight Schrute: That's a ridiculous question.
    Jim Halpert: False. Black bear.
    Dwight Schrute: That's debatable. There are basically two schools of thought--
    Jim Halpert: Fact. Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.
    Dwight Schrute: Bears do not... What is going on?! What are you doing?!

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

i remember that one!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Another of my fav quotes from UK is David pointing out a few flaws with Keith's self assessment form:

David: Under "Strengths"... you've just put accounts.
    Keith: Yeah.
    David: That's your job though, that's, that's just-
    Keith: - Mmm.
    David: No, Keith. What I was sort of looking for your skills within your job. So is there anything else you could have put there?
    Keith: ...
    David: Nope. Okay. Umm... Under "Weaknesses", you've put eczema.

- Melike

My Mood
    Gay

My Mood
    Gay

Another fav of mine :

Darryl : Michael gave me a list of his top ten Springsteen songs. Three of them were Huey Lewis and the News, one was Tracy Chapman's "Fast Cars" and, my personal favorite, "Short People".

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ok, I've watched the British Office countless times, and I still can't believe I've just noticed the wrongness of this line!

David: I said, "If Head Office try and come here and interfere, they've got me to contend with, okay? You can go and fiddle with Neil's people, but I'm the head of this family. You're not going to fiddle with my children. I am, if anyone does."

- Melike

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

I was watching the 2 part goodbye toby episode the other day, it's a spectacular episode

but I think my favorite part of it is what happens when dwight tells holly (tobies' replacement) that kevin is retarded
    and things like this happen
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWOGAEAJVsA"]YouTube- One of the funniest scenes from The Office- Holly helping Kevin pick out his snack.[/ame]
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Another fav moment of UK here, as David meets the Oggmonster (aka the other writer/creator of the Office, Stephen Merchant), tries to be cool and friendly, and again, only makes himself look like a prat:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTfFy1b2mwc"]YouTube- The Office - David Brent and the Oggmonster[/ame]

The look on Tim's face at the end is nothing short of priceless!

- Melike

My Mood
    Gay

Well, it's been confirmed :

Steve Carell has confirmed that he is leaving NBC's "The Office" after next season.

"I just think it's time," he told E! News on the red carpet for "Despicable Me," the upcoming animated movie he provides a voice for. "I want to fulfill my contract. When I first signed on, I had a contract for seven seasons, and this coming year is my seventh. I just thought it was time for my character to go."

That should make for his final season to be an interesting one.

Opinions on whether you think the show should/can/will go on without Michael Scott?

My opinion ... use this advance notice of Steve's departure to create a funny and cohesive FINAL SEASON and then let the show go.

Toby: Technically, I am in Human Resources, and Dwight was asking about human anatomy... I'm just sad the public school system failed him so badly.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ditto that, Pam! I'm only at season 4, and it's surprised me to know that it's still funny at this point, but not so surprising to hear that the last couple of seasons haven't matched the high quality of before. Season 7 would be a good time to end it. To have the american Office without Michael Scott is like having the british Office without David Brent: it just shouldn't be done!

I'm still sticking to my theory that Michael Scott uncovers the Dunder Mifflin Infinity conspiracy this season!

- Melike

My Mood
    Gay

No surprise that we agree here!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

No surprise at all, Pam. It's kind of a shame the US version has gone on for so long, really. When it does end, I really doubt it would have as powerful an ending as the short but sweet original. I hope to be proved wrong, though.

Speaking of which, here's a quote from Gareth from the specials:

Gareth: I did learn a lot from David. I learnt from his mistakes. We're very different people; he used humour where I use discipline. And I learnt that nobody respects him. And in a war situation, if you want your platoon to go over the top with you to certain death, it's no good saying to them "Please come with me lads, I'll tell you a joke." It's a direct order "Come with me." And they'll go "Yes, he's got good leadership skills, let's all go with him to our certain death".

I love the fact that no matter how much changed on the show, Gareth always remained a tosser!

- Melike

My Mood
    Gay

I love Gareth !!!! He always, always, makes me laugh.

It's kind of interesting, because Dwight ... not always funny. Gareth ... cracks me up every time.

As far as US v. UK - really, I think Pam is the better character and funnier than her counterpart ( Dawn ), but else, in general, funny-wise - UK wins for me.

( though nothing at all will beat the UK ending with Dawn and Tim ... NOTHING )

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I think Gareth and Dwight are examples of the wide range of dorks there are out there. Dwight's the kind of dork who's naive, gullible, takes his job very, very seriously, and is also heavily into scifi. Gareth's also naive and gullible, but believes himself to be the best thing that could happen to the (territorial) army, a born leader, having no clue of course that he's a skinny little dork!

I think one of my favourite Gareth lines is, "How do you hide a chair?!?" after hopping all day!

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    ( though nothing at all will beat the UK ending with Dawn and Tim ... NOTHING )
    Oh, I certainly can't disagree with you there. Best resolution to a show ever!

Spoiler:
    Also, having David Brent say "Fuck off!" to Finch is just the icing on the cake!

- Melike

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

I was watching the baby shower episode yesterday, it has one of the funniest stanley moments ever
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11fv1sLv_OA"]YouTube- The Office - Stanley - Pregnant Women (NBC.com)[/ame]
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Gay

"As it turns out, you can't just check someone into rehab against their will. They have to do it voluntarily. They have to hit rock bottom. So, I think I know what I need to do at this point. I need to find ways to push Meredith to the bottom. Um, I think I can do it. I did it with Jan." - Michael Scott

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, I forgot how funny the British Office was. That midget vs dwarf clip was awesome. I'm going to have to watch those again
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Frangit View Post
    Wow, I forgot how funny the British Office was. That midget vs dwarf clip was awesome. I'm going to have to watch those again
    I was thinking the same after coming in here to post the US Office quote...

... What's an elf?!? Gareth just cracks me up !

Will probably get out the UK Office DVDs this weekend.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

"Toby is in HR so he works for corporate so he's not really part of this family. Come to think of it, he's divorced so he's not really part of his own family." ~Michael

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast