Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office - Dunder Mifflin Infinity

John F. Kennedy Flavio is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Dwight calls his crazy Cousin and scores critical hit +500 damage XD.
    Looks like some kind of browser based MMORPG

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Oh, no.

Huge time suck alert... The Office Quotes

So far, my favorites :

Jim Halpert: Question. What kind of bear is best?
    Dwight Schrute: That's a ridiculous question.
    Jim Halpert: False. Black bear.
    Dwight Schrute: That's debatable. There are basically two schools of thought--
    Jim Halpert: Fact. Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.
    Dwight Schrute: Bears do not... What is going on?! What are you doing?!

Jim Halpert: By any chance did you see Battlestar Gallactica?
    Andy: No I did not. Was that any good?
    Jim Halpert: Actually not. It was really so-so. [holds up stopwatch to Dwight] I mean I like all the crazy monsters and stuff, you know like Klingons and Wookies and all that but-- Sorry was, there something you wanted to add Dwight?
    Andy: Is that anything like the original Battlestar Galactica.
    Jim Halpert: You what's weird? It's practically a shot for shot remake.
    Andy: Really? Huh. Cool.
    Jim Halpert: The story's kind of bland. It's about this guy named Dumbledore Calrizzian and he has to return the ring back to Mordor.
    Andy: [pause] That doesn't sound right...

( FYI : US version of The Office quotes only )
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ok pam, you know I have to post Original Office quotes to balance it out (and to show that the original has some of the best quotes ever, if you stick with it):

[During a team building exercise, which involves solving a puzzle of how a farmer can get a bag of grain, a chicken and a fox across a river:]
    Gareth: How big is this chicken if its as big as a bag of grain?
    Tim: I dunno. Big chicken.
    Gareth: Yeah, but how big?
    Tim: Big, it's a superchicken.

Gareth: He could put the grain on the wall!
    Tim: There's not a wall!
    Gareth: What, it's just nothing? It's just a farm and a river? He could get his wife to help.
    Tim: He ain't got a wife.
    Gareth: All farmers have wives.
    Tim: Not this one, he's gay.
    Gareth: Well, then he shouldn't be allowed near animals, should he?

[On whose job title is better:]

Tim: My job title actually means something, Gareth! Team leader don't mean anything, mate!
    Gareth: Excuse me, it means I'm the leader of the team!
    Tim: No it doesn't, it's a title someone's given you to get you to do something that they don't want to do for free! It's like making the div kid at school milk monitor! No one respects it!
    Gareth: Er, yes they do!
    Tim: No they don't!
    Gareth: Yes they do! Because if anyone was rude to me, then I used to give them their milk last. So it was warm!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Gay

Oh, DD - you know I'm with you on liking the UK version of The Office better!

Just thought those two I listed, they do make me laugh ( though, honestly - no one touches Gareth !!! ).

That's what she said!!!

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Honestly, i find the US Office really funny to watch (bear in mind we're only on season 4 in the UK though). I think what it really comes down to is this: original is the better mockumentary, remake is the better sitcom. I just felt like reminding everyone on this board why the original was so great in the first place!

- Melike

My Mood
    Gay

I've got the UK Original on DVD, both series and the special - and honestly, I've watched the whole thing about 10 times already because it's just so great.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'm not surprised, pam: like me, you've never made it a secret on this board of which version you prefer. Also got both series and the specials, and I still find it hilarious each time. It really is 14 episodes of perfection, isn't it? I think my favourite moment ends with the line, "Erm, she said no, by the way." Breaks my heart every time i watch it!

- Melike

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

oh no. are we having a which is better situation?

hmm. This may sound like a cop-out, but i like both versions for different reasons. I can watch either one over and over again and still find them hilarious.

But i think you hit it on the head, Doctor. English version = better mockumentary, U.S. version = better sitcom. I love David Brent and i love Michael Scott. I love Gareth, and I love Dwight.

It's really a win-win situation, because both shows are excellent. I'm sure i lean more towards the U.S. version right now, because there are new episodes to anticipate, and it's fresher in my mind, at any given time.

Now, here's what i want to know: Who are the mysterious people on this board who are keeping their preferences a secret? You cannot hide your true feelings from us!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

No, i'm not starting a "which is better" argument (at least not intentionally), i know a lot of people prefer the US version, i'm just making sure that the UK one gets some love, too. I'm liking the US office atm, but I'll be honest: i'm a little skeptical that it can get any better than it is now. Isn't it currently on season 6 in the US? Have they answered the greatest mystery that this show has kept secret: namely who the documentary people are?!? Six seasons and the characters aren't recognised publicly?!? I smell cover-up!

(I'll be sure to post an incredibly over the top theory on this sometime soon, just like i did for Secret Diary of a Call Girl! )

- Melike

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    No, i'm not starting a "which is better" argument (at least not intentionally), i know a lot of people prefer the US version, i'm just making sure that the UK one gets some love, too. I'm liking the US office atm, but I'll be honest: i'm a little skeptical that it can get any better than it is now. Isn't it currently on season 6 in the US? Have they answered the greatest mystery that this show has kept secret: namely who the documentary people are?!? Six seasons and the characters aren't recognised publicly?!? I smell cover-up!

(I'll be sure to post an incredibly over the top theory on this sometime soon, just like i did for Secret Diary of a Call Girl! )
    if you take the time to think about it, then it's quite obvious who has been behind the camera and filming the dunder mifflin employees for six years

Spoiler:
    clearly the dharma initiative
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

My Mood
    Gay

This is a very good, accurate, appraisal and I plan to steal it from you, DD -- "original is the better mockumentary, remake is the better sitcom".

That said - no one makes me cringe like David Brent. Sincerely. He's awesome, in a gee-how-can-he-be-so-clueless kind of way.

I am currently catching up on all the US episodes since they just hit syndication.

I'd love to see Gareth and Dwight meet. My god, it would be priceless.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Whenever I'm about to do something, I think "Would an idiot do that?" And if they would, I do not do that thing.

I love Dwight
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    Gay

Folks - I just read that Steve Carell gave an interview where he basically said he'll be leaving The Office after next season. That his contract is up, and he'll likely not sign back on.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Folks - I just read that Steve Carell gave an interview where he basically said he'll be leaving The Office after next season. That his contract is up, and he'll likely not sign back on.
    Wh-what?!

Once Steve leaves, I'll have no reason to live.

Except for Fringe...
    and 30 Rock...
    and V...
    and Happy Town...
    and LOST...
    wait...LOST is ending...

A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I don't see Doctor Who among that list, Ricky!

But it is a shame the show is losing Steve Carell. Looks like they need to get that Ricky Gervais special guest appearance sorted out asap!

- Melike

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    I don't see Doctor Who among that list, Ricky!
    That's because I don't watch Doctor Who. -ducks-

A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Sorry, just taking the piss! I recommend it (obviously) if only for the reason that it's never going to end. And no, that's not an exaggeration.

Ok, so with Steve going, anyone got any theories on how Michael Scott will leave Dunder Mifflin? Here's my personal theory: Michael Scott finds out he's dying of an ultra rare disease that NBC makes up. He starts taking pills to help him get through the more painful symptons, but these pills also have a strange side effect: he gets smarter, more questioning of the world around him. He begins to realise that the reason he's in an office full of idiots is no coincidence, but more important than that, he realises he's being filmed by a documentary crew, and yet he's never seen himself on tv!

Testing the food and the water in the office, he realises that everyone, over a slow period of time, have been drugged and brainwashed into mindless morons...except, of course, Jim and Pam. It turns out their whole romance was faked, and that they've actually been working undercover for corporate to keep an eye on the "subjects" (which is found out during a scene where Michael tortures Jim), and the reason Michael has gotten smarter is that the drugs he's been taking for his illness are cancelling out the effects of the brainwashing drugs. More importantly, Michael finally finds out who he's been working for: Dunder Mifflin isn't a paper company after all...but a highly secret organisation that has been working on taking over the world for quite some time, and it has been experimenting with methods of brainwashing to achieve this. To observe the effects of the brainwashing on the subjects, they've even set a up a "documentary crew", which is viewed by the controllers of Dunder Mifflin to observe and record the effects of the drugs.

With Jim and Pam's help, he infiltrates corporate in New York, and finds out that this operation is already worldwide, first in the UK (in a totally blatant and not very subtle homage to the original by the writers), but more importantly, he finds out who's controlling the entire operation...Ryan Howard. From the very beginning, he was keeping a close eye on Michael, to see if he would ever break the effects of his conditioning. For in an even bigger twist, it's revealed that Michael himself was the original head of the whole operation, before he had a change of heart and was going to reveal to the whole world what Dunder Mifflin were up to. However, he was betrayed by Ryan and captured, tortured, and became the first subject of the brainwashing.

At this point, Michael tries to shoot Ryan, but Ryan escapes with Jim and Pam in a helicopter. Michael shoots his way out of corporate with guns (lots of guns), gets chased by the police, and phones his archnemesis, Toby Flenderson, and tells him everything he's found out. At first Toby doesn't believe Michael's story, until Michael promises to email all the files he's gotten from corporate, as well as any he can from Scranton.

Sneaking into the office in the middle of the night, Michael logs onto his computer, emails his information to Toby, when the telephone rings. Picking it up, Michael says, "Yes?" before hearing Ryan's voice on the phone say, "Goodbye, Michael."

Then we see the office blow up, clearly intending to be the biggest. cliffhanger. ever! Will Toby be able to stop Dunder Mifflin? Is Michael really dead? And what will happen to the other main characters? All this, and more...
    Spoiler:
    Never gets revealed, as NBC cancels the office due to low ratings.

So, that's my theory done! Bear in mind, I'm only on Season 4, so I might have gotten a few things wrong with that theory, but it's clearly heading in that direction. Anyone got any other ideas?

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Oh my God...that is awesome.

If The Office was more serious than that, it may be plausible, but Michael wouldn't have gotten sick anyway, because Dwight would have developed a 100% curing vaccine with beets and bat poison.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

He would've developed a vaccine, yes...but only when Michael had a cold: ironically, it's Dwight's "vaccine" that would give Michael the disease in the first place!

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

No, I don't think so. Personally, I believe it was Toby who got Michael sick in revenge for trying to plant the "pot" in his desk. He brought back some toxic exotic plants from his trip to Costa Rica and developed some weir mixture. So with that said, Dwight's beet vaccine did work.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ah, of course. Hmm. Now I'm wishing that the actual show was a lot more like the one we're making up!

- Melike

My Mood
    Gay

Along the Path of the Beam giggler5 is on a distinguished road giggler5's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dwight: there are an alarming amount of yeast infections in this county! maybe it's because we live downriver from that old bread factory...

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Gareth: I'm not worried for me, I'll be all right, but if there does have to be a cull, then so be it. I mean, that's just natural selection, in the wild some people wouldn't survive. Imagine a warehouse, where a little midget fellow is driving a forklift. He can't see over the top, he's got great big platform shoes on so he can reach the pedals, cos of his little legs. I mean, don't get me wrong, Anton's a lovely bloke, but should he be working here?

- Melike

My Mood
    Gay

DD!!!! That's a PRIME Gareth moment !!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast