Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: I will be selling signed Just After Sunsets....

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bangoskank1 View Post
    ok fuck it....I'm just gonna put the names in a hat, you'll just hafta trust me on it...if you want one start sendin the names in...I'll pick two on september 26th....I don't know why it just came to me....we can work out payment arrangements then..plus you'll know not to go buy one when it's out.....I will write down your names (Captian Obvious says) so start now...good luck to all.
    I'd like to be added to the drawing please.

Lophophoras in Mississippi. (Wish I lived closer to Boston so that I could attend the signing myself.)

Thanks!

Life is a garden...dig it!

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Just to be a killjoy about it, isn't this the kind of offer that might be better if there had been some announcement of venue/rules/time, etc?

It's in Mass., but that doesn't mean Boston, and it might be a reading matched with pre-signed books, or it might be a signing of just the one book like "Best Short Stories" signing...

Or maybe the crowd is huge and people just don't get things signed like they thought they would...

I'm bringing two people with me too, depending on format, and I'll be there very early...whereever it is...haha...

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Just to be a killjoy about it, isn't this the kind of offer that might be better if there had been some announcement of venue/rules/time, etc?

It's in Mass., but that doesn't mean Boston, and it might be a reading matched with pre-signed books, or it might be a signing of just the one book like "Best Short Stories" signing...

Or maybe the crowd is huge and people just don't get things signed like they thought they would...

I'm bringing two people with me too, depending on format, and I'll be there very early...whereever it is...haha...
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    I second that .
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

i have a few questions for you rahfa. are you questioning james' integrity? when you say "isn't this the kind of offer that might be better if there had been some announcement" do you mean an announcement of the signing he knows about (which he has cannot control)? or an announcement of his generous offer to attempt to obtain two additional signed copies and offer them for sale here (which is what this thread is)?

james has had some damn good information in the past, and some damn good speciality items before anyone else had access to them, so i'm wondering what exactly you are worried about? if you want your name in the hat, throw it in. if you don't, then don't.

he's not promising us anything. he's saying if he gets the two extras signed he's going to have a drawing of everyone whose name is in the hat and sell those two (at cost) to the two people whose names are drawn.

so what exactly is the problem? am i missing something here? if this is simply an attempt to "just be a killjoy" as you say, then please take it to another thread. maybe the displeased and bothered thread. we're all pretty excited at even the prospect of this and really appreciate james even thinking about us at a signing.

say thankya.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Just to be a killjoy about it,
    That won't get anyone's hackles up at all.

isn't this the kind of offer that might be better if there had been some announcement of venue/rules/time, etc?
    Bangoskank1 has already stated when King is coming (November) and what he will be signing (2 books, 1 of which is the new collection), and then he offered the extra copies of Just After Sunset at cost - quite generous.

Or he could decide to personalize everything. Or Tabby and Joe could show up and sign stuff, too. Or it could be canceled because of bad chicken consumed the night before. That in no way negates the generosity of bangoskank1's offer.

And will you be making an equally generous offer or selling them on eBay for good $$$?

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    if this is simply an attempt to "just be a killjoy" as you say, then please take it to another thread. maybe the displeased and bothered thread. we're all pretty excited at even the prospect of this and really appreciate james even thinking about us at a signing.

say thankya.
    I second these comments - particularly thanking James/bangoskank1.

It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

bangoskank1

hey ...just so YOU know...you have no clue who I am...you have no clue what you are talking about and you have no clue thatr what i say I do...just ask others here...they'll tell you...too bad you have no chance huh?...sux being you...oh and as far as you being there very early...I promise to let you in...cuz i'm good like that...the jokes on you. do your homework next time .

oh and one more thing...woofer and turtlesong?...kudos for gettin my back...expect something a little extra in your mail...

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Is this one of those "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished" kind of things.

Bango is making a very generous offer, why bust on it? If you don't want to throw your hat in the ring for the chance or opportunity, then don't. You won't be missed.

I completely don't get people like this.

Bango - ignore them. Please. I for one, and I know other folks, really really really appreciate the offer.

Edited To Add : Yeah! What turtlesong and woofer said.

( sorry, should have finished reading the thread before responding ).
    Last edited by turtlex; 08-25-2008 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Edited To Add : Yeah! What turtlesong and woofer said.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gunslinger Apprentice what is on a distinguished road what's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

wow... i can't believe i didn't see this earlier... is there any exact info on when this is happening? I have family in the area and they would be more than happy to attend this for me!

*edit - just read on the sk boards that the info won't be released till Sept... ugh

Traveler douglasesper is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

hello bango...
    cool even if he didn't/doesn't personalize it i know tim would flip out...personally i am not much of an autograph guy, but if you could arrange for me to shake kings hand...hehe just kidding...but please put my name in, and thanks for being cool
    douglas esper
    how do you make god laugh?

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

bango, I know you keep your word, ( me too ) I got some really great mail from you today....thank you it is wonderful!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

hey ...just so YOU know...you have no clue who I am...
    I think it's quite obvious who you are...you MUST be Stephen King! That's why you are giving the two books away because why would you want a signed copy of your own book?

In all seriousness, you are pretty cool for doing this. There are very few people in the world who would be as generous as you.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

If he is Stephen King....well, I'll shit my pants flat.

Gunslinger Apprentice TLC is on a distinguished road TLC's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

ummm, hi!

Can i be included in the draw?? If not, it's ok....but I thought I'd ask, i'm still kinda new here.
    I'm Tamara in Canada (Calgary)

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    hey ...just so YOU know...you have no clue who I am...
    I think it's quite obvious who you are...you MUST be Stephen King! That's why you are giving the two books away because why would you want a signed copy of your own book?

In all seriousness, you are pretty cool for doing this. There are very few people in the world who would be as generous as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    uh oh ......

The answer is within

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In that case, I hope he's not Stephen King.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Flat? Hmm . . . that's a new one!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    Flat? Hmm . . . that's a new one!
    New, yes. And just a little unsettling.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

you know, I've thougth about this before, (King having a membership on this site) it's scared the shit out of me, the possibility that I may have talked to Sai King, and never realized it. Cuz chances are, if that did happen, i probably said some dumbass comment, or fucked up in some way

My Mood
    In Love

It could happen...ya think?

The answer is within

Gunslinger Apprentice TLC is on a distinguished road TLC's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it's very possible!! He'd probably get a kick out of reading all of our posts!

okay, first of all if he were stephen king do you think he'd do something so stupid as to give out all this primo, original, collectable, stuff? especially stuff that he got before anybody else could get their hands on it? please, he's the master of horror not the master of stupid.

dialing. waiting. ringing.

hello?
    yes, hello. i'd like to speak to mr. obvious please?

second, i'm sure that sai king spells much better than james ( to you james. your last few post have been horrible. i say just horrible boy!).

third, james doesn't swear nearly enough to be sai king. seriously, i swear more than james. think about it. i use fuck in practically every fucking post. it's like my signature fucking word. can you see sai king writing without swearing? has he ever written anything without swearing? anything other than maybe speeches (oh, wait i've heard him swear in a few of those so nevermind. . . .)

fourth, why on earth would stephen king want to make matt shit his pants flat? that would be just plain mean!

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    I think it's very possible!! He'd probably get a kick out of reading all of our posts!

It's true, we are amusing as all get out.

My Mood
    In Love

James you getting all this?

Really come on guys focus!! Were getting a chance to buy a book here.
    Its a good deal to be sure, but come on this convo is bordering on silly.
    Don't you think?
    Good point there t/s Sai King does write better/dirtier, and besides he (SK)
    if he were here, likely would just lurk. I doubt he'd be too very involved.
    One more thing ...turtlex, that cracked me up!

The answer is within

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast