Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Nineteen and other coincidences...

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

and Oy.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Frodo's Oy, at that.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

But we have no ' on the board so maybe many Frodos have one Oy.
    Frodos' Oy.

Roland would have understood.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't even think of that!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Salami from the Territories?...

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I don't know whether to warn you off, or encourage you to make a sandwich?!?!!

The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I ate it

/flips

Country
    Country Flag

ok, Purple Prince may not be related to Crimson King... but in combination with the next -

Purple Prince

White Triumphator

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I see your shadow Jean

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Gunslinger Apprentice SynysterSaint is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I just finished The Dark Tower a few short months ago, and today is my 19th birthday. I love how these things work out
    Finished The Dark Tower at 6:03AM on December 21, 2009.

The man in black fled across the desert,
    and the gunslinger followed.

Traveler John Cullum is on a distinguished road John Cullum's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hmm, 19 letters in my full name.

Saw two separate commercials recently that had "Ka" and "Gilead" in the names.

John F. Kennedy lonely_cube is on a distinguished road

Annoyingly, I haven't seen many of these co-incidences, although I only finished the series a couple months ago, so I haven't had much time to find them. The only one I can think of is that my step-dad has 19 letters in his name, but that's out of all the people I could think of whose middle names I know. I'm on the lookout for more, though.

EDIT: Actually, apparently I joined this site on the 19th of April. That was completely accidental, and I didn't even notice it until just now.

Traveler Mo-linoDeViento is on a distinguished road Mo-linoDeViento's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've become better at spotting coincidences. For example, after reading something in The Gunslinger, I had an urge to get some beef jerky...so I got some, got 19 cents back in change, and found that I had 19 pieces (full and otherwise) of jerky in the bag! Blew my mind. Also, not really a coincidence, but just this week I took great pleasure in reading Robert Browning's poem on my 19th birthday.

Gunslinger Apprentice SynysterSaint is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

There are 19 stairs between floors in the main staircase of the The Overlook Hotel in The Shining.
    Finished The Dark Tower at 6:03AM on December 21, 2009.

The man in black fled across the desert,
    and the gunslinger followed.

Traveler saraz is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I'm new, and, to be honest, I simply registered on this board to tell this story to people who would appreciate it, if not understand.
    I have had a few strange coincidences, (ie: it took me 19 days to read all the books, Susan Delgado came into my store and made a purchase, etc.) but my most recent one took the cake.
    I was in Northern California vacationing with my boyfriend (who got me to read the books) and we were parking at an antique store when he looked at the house across the street and said "Oh look, 1919". There we were, on the corner of Main and 19th street, looking at the house number "1919" that just happened to have something that looked an awful lot like "KA" written in graffiti on the roof. My boyfriend really wanted to go in the house but I felt more than a little weird about it, and frankly, I didn't want to be anywhere near it. We made our business in the store quick, and headed to another stop on our antiquing itinerary, but my boyfriend kept talking about how weird that building on the corner of 19th and Main was. Inside the next antique store I finally said "You know what, if we find a little turtle in here we'll buy it and go back and go into the house". Well, not two second after I said it I looked down and saw a little stone turtle sitting in a display case. He thought it was funny but I was pretty freaked out at this point. I was in a bad mood and so we left to head to another town. Not long after we hopped on Highway 99 I saw the Tower Gas Station, yelled "Okay! I get the point", turned the car around and bought the turtle. He is on my keychain and I have felt better ever since.
    Oh, the store with the turtle also had a hand carved chest with skeletons on it and "XIX" on the front in bones, and one of the drawers was full of tiny king figurines.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a few...

there's 19 letters in my full name, I was born in 1991 (not 1999, but it is 19 repeated forwards and backwards), I just started reading DT again, right before my 19th birthday, the last three purchases I bought rang up to 19 dollars and odd cents, and my dad just cam back from Jamaica and bough me a very small, hand-carved turtle figurine! I didn't ask him to, but when he gave it to me, he told me he saw it, and he knew he just had to get it - like it called out to him...and he also thought of me, even though I've never really been in love with turtles before... Coincidence that it happened right as I started a re-read of the series? I think not!

John F. Kennedy lonely_cube is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by saraz View Post
    I'm new, and, to be honest, I simply registered on this board to tell this story to people who would appreciate it, if not understand.
    I have had a few strange coincidences, (ie: it took me 19 days to read all the books, Susan Delgado came into my store and made a purchase, etc.) but my most recent one took the cake.
    I was in Northern California vacationing with my boyfriend (who got me to read the books) and we were parking at an antique store when he looked at the house across the street and said "Oh look, 1919". There we were, on the corner of Main and 19th street, looking at the house number "1919" that just happened to have something that looked an awful lot like "KA" written in graffiti on the roof. My boyfriend really wanted to go in the house but I felt more than a little weird about it, and frankly, I didn't want to be anywhere near it. We made our business in the store quick, and headed to another stop on our antiquing itinerary, but my boyfriend kept talking about how weird that building on the corner of 19th and Main was. Inside the next antique store I finally said "You know what, if we find a little turtle in here we'll buy it and go back and go into the house". Well, not two second after I said it I looked down and saw a little stone turtle sitting in a display case. He thought it was funny but I was pretty freaked out at this point. I was in a bad mood and so we left to head to another town. Not long after we hopped on Highway 99 I saw the Tower Gas Station, yelled "Okay! I get the point", turned the car around and bought the turtle. He is on my keychain and I have felt better ever since.
    Oh, the store with the turtle also had a hand carved chest with skeletons on it and "XIX" on the front in bones, and one of the drawers was full of tiny king figurines.
    That's definitely quite the story. How old was this Susan Delgado? Could she have been born after The Gunslinger was written (I think they mention the name Delgado in it, not positive though), so that she might have been named after our Susan Delgado?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lonely_cube View Post
    That's definitely quite the story. How old was this Susan Delgado? Could she have been born after The Gunslinger was written (I think they mention the name Delgado in it, not positive though), so that she might have been named after our Susan Delgado?
    I think she was about in her mid-thirties. She used a credit card and when she gave me her I.D. I must have stared at it for about 30 seconds. I wanted to ask her but she looked a little perturbed.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What a stroy. Can't you show is a picture of your Maturin?
    Do I understand it well that you didn't go into that house in the end?

Country
    Country Flag

Sure I can! Here's my little Maturin:

Here's the Tower Mart, Tower Gas Station convenience store.

and, lastly, here is the house that I most certainly did NOT go into.

Country
    Country Flag

Your Maturin is kickass.
    Anyway that house doesn't look at bad. Next time you must go in and take lots of pictures for your fellow DT junkies.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Your Maturin is kickass.
    Anyway that house doesn't look at bad. Next time you must go in and take lots of pictures for your fellow DT junkies.
    It doesn't look so bad in the picture, but I tell ya, when I was standing there it was really freaking me out.
    Next time I am up there I may step in for a moment and sniff around.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Your Maturin is kickass.
    It doesn't look so bad in the picture, but I tell ya, when I was standing there it was really freaking me out.
    Next time I am up there I may step in for a moment and sniff around.
    But we both agree that you were lucky to see it. It's really interesting see both 1919 and KA on it.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

That house don't look so bad. I imagine it just looks like The Dixie Pig on the inside.

Incredible story and a lovely turtle.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I love it when I pull up a DT friend's profile on Facebook and we have 19 mutual friends.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast