Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: The Great Work

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculapius View Post
    I was placed into a medically induced coma for about three days when I was fourteen. A white horse, I am familiar with. It was more like a night mare.
    After a drug fuelled weekend, I was saved in a nightmare by a white horse.

Then again, I was nearly enslaved by the devil posing as Jim Morrison in another dream...

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I dream in infrared.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Citizen of Gilead Aesculapius is on a distinguished road Aesculapius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    After a drug fuelled weekend, I was saved in a nightmare by a white horse.

A British physicist has claimed he can explain the secrets of the Big Bang Theory, but his controversial experiment has scientists believing he could bring about the end of the world, the U.K.'s Daily Mail reported.

For centuries, scientists have sought unsuccessfully to unlock the secrets of the Big Bang Theory — a model explaining the birth of the universe. But 63-year-old Dr. Lyn Evans of Aberdare, England, popularly known as "Evans the Atom," claims to know the answers, and will test his experiment on Wednesday by using a 17-mile-long doughnut-shaped tunnel that will smash sub-atomic particles together at the speed of light, the Mail reported.

Evans' ambitions, however, have brought widespread concern among scientists who say the experiment could create a shower of unstable black holes inside the Earth, and subsequently bring destruction to the planet.

"Nothing will happen for at least four years," retired German Otto Rossler told the Mail. "Then someone will spot a light ray coming out of the Indian Ocean during the night and no one will be able to explain it."
    Momma told me there would be DAYS like this. SHe is coming back around, though...to put things back the way they should be. HIS story? Nah...we've had enough of that.

Default Ouija

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI-x-PC40-0"]Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around[/ame]

HOPEFULLY DOESNT WOBBLE

RATE NEXT CRUSADE

HEY ESTIMATE VERBOSE SHANT ENABLE BUT ONTO DREAM

ELDER POINT MUST WILL CAST

AFTER THIRD SPOT

Momma told me there would be DAYS like this. SHe is coming back around, though...to put things back the way they should be. HIS story? Nah...we've had enough of that.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Thats the stuff right there, I mean the info gathered with this experiment could be fanbloodytastic, but hey the concerns could be valid here too. This is creator suff,
    and while i believe we are creators, a modicum of decorum with this type of thing
    would go a long way. The above article as reported by The Daily Mail/another Sun? sounds like a joke.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

"Evans, the Atom"

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

That little video you posted was funny too...It(this project) doesnt seem to be getting a whole lot of serious reporting does it?

The answer is within

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The Daily Mail isn't quite a tabloid, but it's still rather celebrity/gossip orientated.

Will, I'm in the Cotswolds so I'm surrounded by white horses (Uffington for one) and all manner of arcane things such as Avebury, Stonehenge, Silbury Hill, Glastonbury Tor...you'd like it here

Default Disc Over

First beam in the LHC - accelerating science:

Geneva, 10 September 2008.
    The first beam in the Large Hadron Collider at CERN was successfully steered around the full 27 kilometres of the world’s most powerful particle accelerator at 10h28 this morning. This historic event marks a key moment in the transition from over two decades of preparation to a new era of scientific discovery.

“It’s a fantastic moment,” said LHC project leader Lyn Evans, “we can now look forward to a new era of understanding about the origins and evolution of the universe.”

Starting up a major new particle accelerator takes much more than flipping a switch. Thousands of individual elements have to work in harmony, timings have to be synchronized to under a billionth of a second, and beams finer than a human hair have to be brought into head-on collision. Today’s success puts a tick next to the first of those steps, and over the next few weeks, as the LHC’s operators gain experience and confidence with the new machine, the machine’s acceleration systems will be brought into play, and the beams will be brought into collision to allow the research programme to begin.

Once colliding beams have been established, there will be a period of measurement and calibration for the LHC’s four major experiments, and new results could start to appear in around a year. Experiments at the LHC will allow physicists to complete a journey that started with Newton's description of gravity. Gravity acts on mass, but so far science is unable to explain the mechanism that generates mass. Experiments at the LHC will provide the answer. LHC experiments will also try to probe the mysterious dark matter of the universe – visible matter seems to account for just 5% of what must exist, while about a quarter is believed to be dark matter. They will investigate the reason for nature's preference for matter over antimatter, and they will probe matter as it existed at the very beginning of time.

“The LHC is a discovery machine,” said CERN Director General Robert Aymar, “its research programme has the potential to change our view of the Universe profoundly, continuing a tradition of human curiosity that’s as old as mankind itself.”

Tributes have been coming in from laboratories around the world that have contributed to today’s success.

“The completion of the LHC marks the start of a revolution in particle physics,” said Pier Oddone, Director of the US Fermilab. “We commend CERN and its member countries for creating the foundation for many nations to come together in this magnificent enterprise. We appreciate the support that DOE and NSF have provided throughout the LHC's construction. We in the US are proud to have contributed to the accelerator and detectors at the LHC, together with thousands of colleagues around the world with whom we share this quest.”

“I congratulate you on the start-up of the Large Hadron Collider,” said Atsuto Suzuki, Director of Japan’s KEK laboratory, “This is a historical moment.”

“It has been a fascinating and rewarding experience for us,” said Vinod C. Sahni, Director of India’s Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology, “I extend our best wishes to CERN for a productive run with the LHC machine in the years to come.”

“As some might say: ‘One short trip for a proton, but one giant leap for mankind!’ TRIUMF, and indeed all of Canada, is delighted to bear witness to this amazing feat,” said Nigel S. Lockyer, Director of Canada’s TRIUMF laboratory. “Everyone has been involved but CERN is to be especially congratulated for bringing the world together to embark on such an incredible adventure.”

In a visit to CERN shortly before the LHC’s start-up United Nations Secretary General, Ban Ki-moon said: “I am very honored to visit CERN, an invaluable scientific institution and a shining example what international community can achieve through joint efforts and contribution. I convey my deepest admiration to all the scientists and wish them all the success for their research for peaceful development of scientific progress.”

I may thinking about this wrong, but...

If we create the conditions of a "big bang", this creates the "primordial ooze" (the Prim), which in turn leads to the formation of galaxies with supermassive blackholes, which in turn leads to the formation of stars around the galaxies, which in turn leads to the formation of solar systems, which in turn leads to life, because we are here on a planet around a star that circles around a galaxy with a supermassive blackhole that formed some point after a "big bang"??

But....Only for a few seconds in our perception?

Would life form in that "space" in one of those galaxies and evolve to a point where they could collide atoms together and create the conditions of a "big bang", which in turn.......

~

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, it's certainly a possibility.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    In Love

The answer is within

Default The Crystal Lake

Gunslinger Apprentice Armand St Pierre is on a distinguished road Armand St Pierre's Avatar

“A Human Thought is an actual EXISTENCE, and a Force and Power, capable of acting upon and controlling matter as well as mind.”

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."

"God always punishes us for what we can't imagine."
    SK

My Mood
    In Love

The answer is within

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi996ZUI3As"]Mudvayne, Do What You Do[/ame]

Default It spins faster...

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculapius View Post
    ...Some say this cycle is going to cause the Earth to STOP rotating for 3 days. After those 3 days, the rotation of the Earth will reverse. Meaning the Sun will rise in the West for the next 13,000 years. Hmm.

We saw our "leaders" celebrate this "idea" in 1999, when we moved into the current Galactic cycle.

Looking West towards The Emperor (Lincoln):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_bNDv0-ZrU"]The Day The Earth Stood Still - OFFICIAL TRAILER[/ame]

And old legend I was told, many years ago...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4