Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Great Work

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

23 I must get back to you with the rest of that, I've been sidetracked.

To pick upon one part of your post...when it says the dragon takes up 1/3 of the stars...I always took that to mean the 12 stars on the woman's head?

Citizen of Gilead Aesculapius is on a distinguished road Aesculapius's Avatar

Hmm...never thought about that. I always looked at the 1/3 as 33. Also, the tail of the dragon is commonly shown with a geometric dart, which relates to 33 degrees.

Do you mean 1/3 of 12 being 4?
    (4 corners?)

EDIT:
    Or, do you mean the 12 stars are the 1/3?

Momma told me there would be DAYS like this. SHe is coming back around, though...to put things back the way they should be. HIS story? Nah...we've had enough of that.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

1/3 of 12 being 4

It's all relevant either of the three ways really, isn't it.

Indeed.

I am just waiting around for the world to fall flat on it's face.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y70bZGpO7nA&feature=related"]C.A.D. 2[/ame]

C.A.D.?
    Momma told me there would be DAYS like this. SHe is coming back around, though...to put things back the way they should be. HIS story? Nah...we've had enough of that.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

You spend many a productive hour on Youtube, Will

Did you know that all our road signs in the UK are red, white and black? My favourite being this:

Which of course means, "No flying motorcycles!"

Default The Crowned Heads of Europe

I don't sleep much. I think I got a couple of hours last night. Maybe.

They watch me watching them watching me.

Which of course means, "No flying motorcycles!"

TIME

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dbw26J-6vUo"]Time - Wizard of Oz ft. Pink Floyd[/ame]

=

MONEY

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_pgcapIisc&feature=related"]Pink Floyd Wizard of OZ (Money)[/ame]

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I actually didn't know that was up on Youtube, although I've done it at home many times with the Dark Side Of The Moon album when Wizard Of Oz has been on tv.

Some Lost fans say there are similar connections if you watch the pilots of the show with DSOTM playing

Gunslinger Apprentice Armand St Pierre is on a distinguished road Armand St Pierre's Avatar

“A Human Thought is an actual EXISTENCE, and a Force and Power, capable of acting upon and controlling matter as well as mind.”

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."

"God always punishes us for what we can't imagine."
    SK

*information overload*
    *entering hibernation mode*

Someone call the IT guy.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

As long as they don't call the IT girl, Paris Hilton creeps me out

(27.3)

His image is The Word, a form more brilliant than fire; that not being the pure light. This LOGOS dwells in God; for the Supreme Being makes to Himself within His Intelligence the types or ideas of everything that is to become reality in this World. The LOGOS is the vehicle by which God acts on the Universe, and may be compared to the speech of man.

The LOGOS being the World of Ideas, by means whereof God has created visible things, He is the most ancient God, in comparison with the World, which is the youngest production. The LOGOS, Chief of Intelligence, of which He is the general representative, is named Archangel, type and representative of all spirits, even those of mortals. He is also styled the man-type and primitive man, Adam Kadmon.
    -Albert Pike

NP: Prototype -OutKast

"He (G)knows when you're Awake"...

http://www.rosicrucian.org/podcast/s...l_alchemy.html

EDIT:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnY3xPJRcoI"]T00L-parabola end[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iosBsmVizOs"]Skid Row-Quicksand Jesus[/ame]

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Skid Row!!! That made my day...Sebastian Bach graced the walls of my bedroom for many a year way back when

The video harps on something that I mentioned to you the other day about trying to get back to a particular point. Their first album was Great...their second album may have been just as Great, if not a little better. Downhill from there, though.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

That was good I must say. The Pink Floyd ones tho' I didnt get.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

TIME = MONEY = WORK

If Time "flies away", then those things associated with what we label as TIME will fall away, as well.

To make this a "reality" (to get rid of TIME), we as a whole must Breathe in union with a particular Intent towards a common goal, or Great Work. (cough, cough)

One of the applications being talked about that will perhaps help replace the internet is called the GIG, or Global Information Grid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Information_Grid

Basically, this is all leading up to the Ethical question of how do we as a species "upgrade" our minds. Our minds are tools which process information at a particular speed. 24 frames per second, I believe. I'm not sure how to best describe it...moving from a Super Nintendo to a PS3? Red ray to blue ray?

Any way you want to describe it*, the mind is just a tool and to lose the mind for a better way sounds great at this point.

NP: The Great Gig in the Sky - Pink Floyd

(What's the best way to get rid of TIME...in your perception?)

Gunslinger Apprentice Armand St Pierre is on a distinguished road Armand St Pierre's Avatar

Default Time

We have done away with time in art and craft already.

Our imagination has been at work ***Just ask GE*** with these concepts for over a century now, within the most popular (and readily distributed) media.

The focus of this entire forum's adoration and intent has, and not casually, been helping facilitate this work in many a literate imagination.

The computer (really all digital media and hardware) is a perfect example of this.
    The most recent and popular form that this technology has taken?....

is coming from a company that bears a symbol taken from the very beginning of the 3 dominant (and militant) religions of the of the planet.

Cell phone iPhone
    it's a computer in your pocket.......that is more than a thousand times as powerful as the computing tech that NASA used to land Apollo on the surface of the moon.

since that time the affluent (us) of the planet have become nearly telepathic with the assistance of technology.
    each of us, everyday, are granted access to an oracle (which we trust to give us the truth) that is more than happy to serve us

it's OOGLE with a G it takes the TIME out of WORK if you're willing to trust it.
    “A Human Thought is an actual EXISTENCE, and a Force and Power, capable of acting upon and controlling matter as well as mind.”

SK

Default Son of Pi

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI-x-PC40-0"]Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around[/ame]

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

(What's the best way to get rid of TIME...in your perception?)

Time ( that linear measurement humans think of anyway ) in my perception does not exist.
    I am sorry that I was not more clear. I get the concept that you speak of , I just didnt get the connection of the music with The Wizard of OZ.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Time is quite important in my (A)line of work. For most jobs, we have to bill by the hour, so, keeping up with how many hours I put into a particular job every day is important.

I have to make sure that my son is at school by a particular time, and that he is picked up at a particular time. He may start riding his bike to school soon, but, he still has to be at a certain place at a certain time.

Most of the time, when I am at work, I LOVE what I do. Some days I wake up and I do not want to get out of bed and go to work, however, it is usually not because I do not enjoy what I do at work; most of the time, I do not want to wake up because of lack of sleep. But, I get up and go off to work because I need to get paid.

When I am working and focused on the job at hand, the day tends to "fly by". I am in a different world when it's "Great". It can be "fun".

ON.
    OZ.

Both were cities.
    Both have wizards.

People often wonder why professional sports players can make so much money for playing a "child's game". They get paid so much money because of the pressure involved with their job and because they LOVE what they do. Who wouldn't LOVE to get paid for playing a game....or, to get paid for something you LOVE to do?

I mean, how many people reading this go into the office in the mornings and someone hands you a small stick while someone on the other side of the office is about to throw a small ball at you at, or near, one hundred miles per hour? And, if you can't hit it, you're fired! Plus, good baseball players hit the ball only 25 per cent of the time.

Or, if when you got into the office in the morning, all of a sudden three or four people started chasing you down and they aren't going to stop until you are laying on the floor crying. And, then you have to do this all day.

Or, if you got to the office and there was a seven foot tall dude following you around the office knocking shit out of your hand, keeping you from getting to your computer, etc...

All the while, playing sports and having FUN at what you are doing tends to send TIME on it's way.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

I had never thought of 'getting rid of time'.
    I've always thought of time as something that just 'is'...
    something that is different in each perspective it's seen from, but not something that is to be gotten rid of.
    Seems to me that the idea of time being gone is synonymous with the idea of death.
    An ending...actually THE end.
    Time elapsed=game over.

Of course, it may be that all this is just over my head.

no, there really isn't any time.

there's just right now.

But we (as a species) sure do buy into it. Mainly because we see ourselves as mortal.

It's really the best technology, or at least the most used, that we've adopted.

Like Will said, we plan our lives around it. Sometimes we see a need to fill it and sometimes it flies right by. I mean, if it weren't for Pope Gregory XIII, when the hell exactly would we be? It certainly wouldn't be a Tuesday night....or a Wednesday morning.

That's even been retrofitted for the future (the Gregorian Calendar that is).
    5 and 2 baby and it's a circle that spins unfettered and unchallenged. Unless you're using digital technology or writing a story, or just using your imagination.

What happens to time if you take our mortality out of it's line?.....or at least significantly elongate it's presence in the present.
    This is being attempted by people with the means to make it a reality.
    I'm guessing that our species' relationship with time is about to take a drastic turn.
    "all your life is Time Magazine
    I read it too. What does it mean?"

SK

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast