Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Work

Citizen of Gilead Aesculapius is on a distinguished road Aesculapius's Avatar

Default The Great Work

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOibtqWo6z4"]Metallica - Turn The Page[/ame]

Default {work}CHOP{work}SHOP

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdTbfETd__w"]Cee-Lo featuring Ludacris- Childz Play[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHy5tFI05js"]Soundgarden - Rusty cage[/ame]

Anyone (who doesn't know already) see the pattern?

Default 21

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVboOdX9icA"]Foo Fighters - The Pretender[/ame]

Now would be an excellent time to speak...

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Now would be an excellent time to give a clue

red-black-white

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ahhhh, I wondered if it was colours or images!

Cool - I'm finally cracking your code

Well, every sense eventually becomes an "image" in the mind, but yes, my primary focus of this particular point is the color scheme used.

The physical process of producing the Philosopher’s Stone involves three different color phases: the black (nigredo) phase, the white (albedo) phase, and the red (rubedo) phase. Each of these phases is also associated with a state of spiritual development. Alchemists called the process of making the Philosopher’s Stone “the Great Work.”

The Black Phase
    The black phase is the longest phase in alchemy. It includes the first five operations of producing the stone: Calcination, Dissolution, Separation, Conjunction, and Fermentation. The first three operations prepare and purify the ingredients for the Stone. Conjunction brings the ingredients together to form the lesser Stone, the first form of the Philosopher’s Stone. Fermentation, the last part of the black phase, is one of the steps that purifies this lesser Stone.

All the operations in the black phase focus on forming the Stone and purifying it of most of its impurities. In spiritual terms, the black phase involves both learning and giving up false ideas. Surrendering false ideas is one of the most painful parts of the black phase, and it’s often represented by symbols of death and rotting. However, this death leads to truth and new growth.

The White Phase
    The white phase lasts only one operation, the operation of Distillation. Distillation involves repeatedly heating to capture the volatile vapors, then cooling to condense the result. The alchemists associated this operation with baths and final purification. At the end of this process, the Stone is supposedly pure white, and capable of transforming impure metals into silver.

Symbolically, this phase is represented by white and silver, baths and washing, the moon, unicorns, and pelicans (which people once believed fed their young with blood sacrificed from their own breast).

The Red Phase
    The red phase is the last operation, Coagulation. After this phase, the alchemists believed that the Stone would be capable of transforming impure metals into gold. This operation involved gradually increasing heat, so that the white stone would turn red and crystallize.

Symbolically, this phase is represented by the colors red, gold, and purple, royalty, phoenixes, a serpent and lion united, a King and Queen unshackled and dressed in royal robes, and most especially the shedding of blood to reach perfection.

In the Metallica video of the Bob Seger song, the video brings forth an image of work. Great Work? Like everything else, that depends on the observer.

Even the Seger song is about work.

Here I am, on the road, there I am, up on the stage...

The Cee-Lo song is obviously about werk.

It ain't work (well, actually, it is)...chopchop

Vader should be obvious. Cee-Lo dressed up like Vader as Gnarles Barkley.

Vader = black, red......white??
    He needs a little more werk.

One ritual that "artists" perform is removing the head of a raven before beginning a piece of work.

Blood + Raven = The White.

'The Pretender'?

That one should be a little obvious, as well. We work in silent, mostly, waiting for that time.

E?
    Last edited by Aesculapius; 08-14-2008 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Spelling---it's dark in here...lOl

Magma becomes coal becomes diamond

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Aha! Infact I should have remembered the black, white, red thing - as it was part of a really interesting theory that SaraJean developed about who would be killed in Harry Potter (Black - Sirius, White - Dumbledore, Red - she was thinking either Hagrid...as his first name is Reubeus or the Weasleys, with their red hair.)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Aha! Infact I should have remembered the black, white, red thing - as it was part of a really interesting theory that SaraJean developed about who would be killed in Harry Potter (Black - Sirius, White - Dumbledore, Red - she was thinking either Hagrid...as his first name is Reubeus or the Weasleys, with their red hair.)
    Nice.
    That was Her Great Work, indeed.

My recent drawing (in progress):

So..........The INTERNET is our Great Work?

It could have been. I mean, computers need stones to work. However, the INTERNET is full of a bunch of shit. Some good things to be learned here, but, our time spent on the INTERNET hasn't been that productive, in a relative sense.

That reminds me of a Weird Al quote from "Cable TV"....."I hooked up 80 channels and each one sucked."

Cable?
    Kabal?

Cain....Able?

<~~~~~~33

"It's Not All About the Work, But His Was Great"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/2008...celeb_eo/23041

The Red Phase:...Symbolically, this phase is represented by the colors red, gold, and purple,...
    "More than 'Shaft': Hayes was goldmine of influence"

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g...RToZQD92FOTRO0

In the Foo's video for 'The Pretender', there is a bright yellow / gold band around his mic.

Hmm...red, black, white, and a ring of gold...

templar (gold)...his Great Work is his wine (with a hint of...)

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you think this symbolism, in music videos, packaging etc, is always intentional? Or do you think it sometimes occurs on a subconcious level?

I'm very certain that there is INTENT with the color scheme, especially the ones I posted here.

Soundgarden playing in the cube with the red, the black and the white.

(The cube is four wherein lies five at it's center.)

Earlier this evening, I have a conversation with the black and white about the Great Work.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculapius View Post

That reminds me of a Weird Al quote from "Cable TV"....."I hooked up 80 channels and each one sucked."

Pink Floyd's 1979 release of "Nobody Home" from "The Wall."

" 'Got thirteen channels of shit on the T.V. to choose from."

"The Wall"...great work when one is NOT sober.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    " 'Got thirteen channels of shit on the T.V. to choose from."

"The Wall"...great work when one is NOT sober.

Default We don't need the Keys...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j7huh5Egew"]The White Stripes[/ame]

"Send in your skeletons..."

Default G.W.

Heather just came back from the grocery store with this...

(what is black and white and read all over?)
    Momma told me there would be DAYS like this. SHe is coming back around, though...to put things back the way they should be. HIS story? Nah...we've had enough of that.

Default End Game

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n7uVDQWrYs"]Puscifer - Queen B[/ame]
    Momma told me there would be DAYS like this. SHe is coming back around, though...to put things back the way they should be. HIS story? Nah...we've had enough of that.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

To what end though, is the colour scheme being used in these contexts?

Default Childz Play

End Game...Revelation...A Revolution, in terms of a complete circle made around something, or, a period of strong geological change.

"An Iron fist quietly sits behind the velvet glove..."

Who are the members of The White Strips?

One Male and One Female.

A "Seven Nation Army"?

Revelation 12:1-5...
    1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
    2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
    3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
    4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
    5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

The "Seven Nation Army" are the Seven Kings who are loyal to the Great Red Dragon.

The "Tail of the Dragon" drew the "third part of the stars".

1/3 = 33 per cent of the sky.
    Sublime.

There is that other 1 per cent, though. A "tolerance".

A "man-child" who was to "rule all Nations with a fist / rod of Iron."

Again..."An Iron fist quietly sits behind the velvet glove..."
    (a quote from the song "The World Needs A Hero" / Megadeth)

It's The Great Work. Others know what I am talking about, they are just being quiet. I had a conversation with a State Trooper last week who is heading out to Georgia (the U.S. state) next week to make his pilgrimage to The Georgia Guidestones. Him and his "crew" are taking a month long motorcycle ride to Georgia and to see the stones. They are calling it "The Ride of the Dragon's Tail".

More:

The Sun (Male) on the left (Anima) and on the opposing side, the right (Spiritus) is the Moon (Female). All opposing thoughts, directions, manifestations, come together as One in the Heiros Gamos (The Sacred Marraige). Some people who I have tried to get this point across to have professed with passion that this "Marraige" will never happen. We are all connected and the goal is a Conscious Co-Creation, not just on the scale of One Woman and One Man but on a "Grid covering scale". Meaning, all those connected will be able to share experiences with All. Conscious PRO-CREATION.

"Confunctio amborum"
    (Come Together)

Mann and Weib
    (Man and Woman {a web?})

"Conceptio" (below "Mann"), and "Infantium" (below "Weib")

Their "coming together" brings about "Mond Kind". The uniting of opposites, black and white, up and down, left and right, air and water, fire and earth, wet and dry. And, they form the "cross".

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast