Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Olympics

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Default Winter Olympics - Will you Watch? Do you care?

I will be watching. Having the Olympics taking place in the country where I live and taking place hours away from me is kind of exciting.

I enjoy the Olympics. Some events are boring, but I love the team spirit.

What do you think? Do you care? Will you watch?
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Watchin speed skating now!

Go USA!!!
    Sloth Love Chunk

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I ALWAYS watch the Olympics, one way or another. I've stayed up late or awakened early when they were held in Barcelona and Seoul, watched when they were held here in the US, and even got to attend the US Women's Basketball quarterfinals in Atlanta. Yeah, The Olympics is a huge thing for me, Winter and Summer both.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Watched the opening ceremony and felt a swell of pride over my homeland's fine showing, and especially loved the fiddle / step-dancing segment, because that was the music of my childhood. Not sure that I'll watch many of the sporting events, though.

Country
    Country Flag

The men's speed skating and women's skiing from earlier today were nail biters. I truly saw the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I love the Olympics !!! Summer and Winter.

I always watch as much as I can. I love the whole "thrill of victory, agony of defeat" aspect.

I love that a lot of the "extreme x-games" snow events are Olympic events now - Half pipe, snow-cross, that kind of thing. Very exciting.

A quick note - I thought the Opening Ceremonies were horrible. Very boring. I blame some of that on the stupid ass camera angles that NBC used but not all of it.

Oh yeah, and I'm pretty much the person who really doesn't enjoy the figure skating at all. I know it's the number one viewed Olympic event ( at least in the US ) but honestly, I don't care for it at all.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to watch only ice-hockey. Belarus and Germany should be as easy as pie, but Sweden..

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not much for Figure Skating either Pam, but I'll be watching it if I'm home. Not that I'll have a choice because if I'm not in the room my wife will be upset and think I'm avoiding her. I won't be able to read either because she's going to want to talk to me about some of everything in the world when she's supposed to be wtaching an athletic event. I like the speed skating, biathalon, bobsledding, hockey, and even the curling. The men's skating used to be very interesting, but most of those skaters aren't in the Olympics anymore.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

bears adore figure skating, and, being Russian bears, they sure have some high hopes for the Olympics

the same with ice hockey

don't really understand any other kind of sport, winter or summer

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Gay

I have a couple of really great friends who are complete... as I call them... SkateHeads. They love following skating, individual, pairs, dance. They love them. They travel to and follow the tours, go to Worlds, have been to the Olympic events. One has even held a Gold Medal ( won by Gwendal and Marina - the French Ice Dancing Team ) !!!

I just can't get into it, but because they're my friends - I know far too much about skating.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I watch most anything that involves snow and/or ice. I LOVE the short track racing!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Gay

Hey Jean !!! Are you doing any kind of planning for the NEXT Winter Olympics?!?! They're in your neck of the woods !!!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

I would watch it if I had a TV.

Roland would have understood.

My Mood
    Gay

Letti - I'm not sure if you can get to the us television site online, but they're streaming some stuff and have a lot of video.

NBC Winter Olympics Site

And for those folks with iphones and itouch devices - there's a ton of free apps in the itunes store for the Olympics.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Letti - I'm not sure if you can get to the us television site online, but they're streaming some stuff and have a lot of video.

NBC Winter Olympics Site

And for those folks with iphones and itouch devices - there's a ton of free apps in the itunes store for the Olympics.
    Thank you, good idea. I was thinking about looking for some website where I could watch it.
    Anyway I have a TV but I have no channels (got fed up with them) and I can watch only DVDs.

Roland would have understood.

My Mood
    Gay

Letti - - Always happy to help out.

You might also want to check Eurosport Yahoo, they have some coverage as well.

Eurosport Olympics

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Jean !!! Are you doing any kind of planning for the NEXT Winter Olympics?!?! They're in your neck of the woods !!!
    True, but my neck of the wookds is larger than any other given woods... I don't think I can make it there.

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    True, but my neck of the wookds is larger than any other given woods... I don't think I can make it there.
    Excellent point.

Russia is kind of big, hunh? Too bad you can't make it though, I bet it would be so cool.

London in 2012, Russia 2014. I'd love to be able to attend either of them.

FYI for those interested : 2014 in Russia

Sochi Russia : XXII Winter Olympic Games : 7 - 23 february, 2014 - 1452 days left

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wish I could travel a few decades back in time and watch the Russian bears play ice hockey in the Olympics. There was some true legends among them.

Tretiak, anyone?

(I prefer the Finnish spelling, though, 'Tretjak'. It's 'Tryetyak' in Russia, if I am correct?)

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Big Pants; Little Feet Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think I am like the ONLY person in Canada who doesn't give a shit about the Olympics. Everyone keeps putting it on in the common room, and I keep leaving the room every time they do because I'm simply not interested. Now if it was FIFA, I'd care. But the Olympics, and specifically the Winter Games, do not interest me.

Random PM's are loved!

Call me Can.

Discord Tag: Can*/Tommy (They/Them pronouns)#5588

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't watched them since I was a kid. And I haven't watched tv in years. If someone wants to send a ticket to the olympics I'll watch. Otherwise probably not.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I haven't watched them since I was a kid. And I haven't watched tv in years. If someone wants to send a ticket to the olympics I'll watch. Otherwise probably not.
    No beer and no TV makes Homer go.....something.....something....
    Sloth Love Chunk

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I got beer.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lily-sai View Post
    I wish I could travel a few decades back in time and watch the Russian bears play ice hockey in the Olympics. There was some true legends among them.

Tretiak, anyone?

(I prefer the Finnish spelling, though, 'Tretjak'. It's 'Tryetyak' in Russia, if I am correct?)
    Третьяк rules!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Gay

I was so looking forward to the Women's Snowboard Cross... but, you know, Lindsey Jacobellis really drives me nuts. Honestly, she's an athlete who I can respect her talent, but she's kind of jerk. I was not happy she DQ'd, but honestly - with a head that big, I'm surprised she can get down the hill at all. What an ego on her.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast