Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Olympics

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Telynn View Post
    The US women gymnasts won gold and silver last night. Woo Hoo!!!

Ok, I got an Olympic gripe. Look at womens beach volleyball. What are they wearing? Bikinis. What are the men wearing? BIG BAGGY shirts and BIG BAGGY shorts that go down to their KNEES. What's up with that? We women want eye candy too.

Actually the mens swimming is filling in nicely.....
    LOL I thought the same thing too!
    The only problem is, Michael Phelps is soooo young. Todd Rogers of the beach volley team looks a little older. I wouldn't feel like such a dirty old woman if I watched him running around without a shirt. Up to now I wasn't a big fan of the goatee, but he makes it work.

Speaking of them, that win over the Swiss team had me on the edge of my seat. geeze

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

don't worry about being a dirty old woman!
    I've been one for quite some time!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Well I'm not old yet... but I usually like the older men, anyways... Even when I was little, I'd rather drool over like Mel Gibson than Devon Sawa...

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

Did we REALLY need to see so much of the womens marathon yesterday? I always thought a marathon was something you saw the beginning, popped in from time to time between seeing other events and then saw the ending. Even if there were no events going on at the time, there are so many we never see any of, they could have been using the time to show highlights from the prior day of stuff we didn't get to see.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Phelps did it!!!!

8 gold medals in one Olympics!! 7 world records!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

The man is a swimming machine. And I absolutely love his mother.

Demon of the Prim Maturins_Daughter is on a distinguished road Maturins_Daughter's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm definitely feelin' some girl on girl love for May-Walsh...

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Satanic Mechanic B Rag will become famous soon enough B Rag's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"Look at the way Nastia just takes that.. slender... athletic body and just... bends it.."

That seems like an creepy thing for a commentator to say.
    Have you heard of people with short fuses? Well, I have no fuse at all, and there's a thousand could testify to it if I hadn't stilled their tongues for good.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker
    my itty bitty boy parts need the movie to grow
    You can't ignore my girth.

Quote Originally Posted by B Rag View Post
    "Look at the way Nastia just takes that.. slender... athletic body and just... bends it.."

That seems like an creepy thing for a commentator to say.

LOL. They way he paused as he was saying it, I think he realized how bad it sounded.

Country
    Country Flag

Haha, yeah. For a second I thought maybe he didn't realize the microphone was on...
    Have you heard of people with short fuses? Well, I have no fuse at all, and there's a thousand could testify to it if I hadn't stilled their tongues for good.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

oh no, did he really say that
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Yep!
    Sure, we were all thikin' it, but most of us didn't go say it on TV..

On a related note, I wish there was a way to watch it with alternate commentary.. or no commentary. Some of the commentators are jerks.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by B Rag View Post
    Yep!
    ... I wish there was a way to watch it with ... no commentary. Some of the commentators are jerks.
    Try hitting the "MUTE" button on your remote control. I do it when I watch football because the commentators are morons.

Country
    Country Flag

I thought about trying that, but I like to hear the cheering and everything. Plus, I don't wanna be "that guy watching gymnastics with the sound turned off"

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Did May/Walsh play for the gold yet?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

YAY ISINBAEVA!!!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

I wish they would use Béla Károlyi for commentary. I can't understand half of what he says, but he's entertaining!

Edit: God, these people will not shut up about how much they think Nastia should have won... and they do the same thing every night! I hope they won't be back for the 2012 Olympics...

He doesn't hold back his opinion does he? The fact that Tim Dagget is saying too means more to me.

Country
    Country Flag

I think Tim Dagget declared Nastia the winner the second she registered.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think she was robbed personally--Shaun Johnson's vault was much better in all respects. Not great, but better.

I'm just glad the Chinese Moose (that's how me and my wife are referring to her, not real PC ) blew the floor exercise so badly.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

so!

congratulations to our American and Chinese rivals, but I got to admit we didn't do that bad either, given the circumstances! 23 gold, 21 silver, 28 bronze medals... 72 altogether...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to the Aussie Mitchem for keeping the Chinese from sweeping the diving golds. I didn't think anyone would beat them at diving this year.

There should be a law that no woman can sing Whole Lotta Love. Except Ann Wilson. I bet she could do it.

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

We got 40 medals which means that one of our politicians (Roseline Bachelot if anyone is interested in French politics) will be coming to the first meeting of the Assembly in October wearing bright pink crocs I can't wait to see it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast