Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Olympics

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Default Olympics

Do you watch the Olympics? Are you going to watch them? What are your favorite events?
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

John F. Kennedy streetbudz is on a distinguished road streetbudz's Avatar

I am really looking forward to the Gypsy Wagon Race, Hang the Bell on the Abominable Snowman relay, Tiger Hunt, Elephant Bark Race, Catch the Leprechaun, Canadian Tree Cutting, Flying Carpet Races, and of course Magic Rope Climbing. Wait... The US is represented by the The Really Rottens right?

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Wow! I wanna watch those events!

Mr. Unlucky educatedlady will become famous soon enough educatedlady's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

If those were actual games I might watch.
    ♪♪No secret, no matter how nasty can poison your voice or keep you from joy ♪♪ -- Perfume Genius

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

I love how the NBA Dream Team has been dubbed the Redeem Team.

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

I think sending a team of NBA stars like that is so silly. Why not just send the Harlem Globetrotters? They're all Americans, right? The Olympics should go back to being an amateur sports thing.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the Olympics. I like watching the opening ceremony. I also like gymnastics, swimming and diving.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I am watching the opening ceremonies right now and I usually try to watch gymnastics.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Satanic Mechanic B Rag will become famous soon enough B Rag's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think I will watch them this year. I usually don't, but you never know when it might be the best Olympics ever - if it is, I can say, "Oh yeah, I saw that."

I just switched the channel over to the opening ceremonies!

Edit: Wow, this is pretty cool!
    Have you heard of people with short fuses? Well, I have no fuse at all, and there's a thousand could testify to it if I hadn't stilled their tongues for good.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker
    my itty bitty boy parts need the movie to grow
    You can't ignore my girth.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not sure how much of the games I'll watch, but OMG - the opening ceremonies were absolutely incredible!!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Satanic Mechanic B Rag will become famous soon enough B Rag's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know, that was amazing! "Magical" is a word I don't use often, but I think it applies in this situation.
    Have you heard of people with short fuses? Well, I have no fuse at all, and there's a thousand could testify to it if I hadn't stilled their tongues for good.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker
    my itty bitty boy parts need the movie to grow
    You can't ignore my girth.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

oh my dear god. i just got this from the new york times. please don't let it be true.

American Tourist Reported Killed in Beijing

A Chinese man attacked two American tourists on the opening
    day of the Olympic Games, killing one of them before
    committing suicide, Beijing authorities said, according to
    The Associated Press.

Read More:
    http://www.nytimes.com/?emc=na

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

now this i happen to pay attention to because my roommate in college shot rifle.

Czech Republic Wins First Gold in Beijing

Katerina Emmons of the Czech Republic won the first gold
    medal of the Beijing Olympics on Saturday in the women's
    10-meter air rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    oh my dear god. i just got this from the new york times. please don't let it be true.

American Tourist Reported Killed in Beijing

A Chinese man attacked two American tourists on the opening
    day of the Olympic Games, killing one of them before
    committing suicide, Beijing authorities said, according to
    The Associated Press.

Read More:
    http://www.nytimes.com/?emc=na
    I'll be honest with you, given the complete censorship and media blackouts the Chinese government imposes, I'm surprised this story even got out.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not surprised. Despite what they may think they can't control the internet and news all the time.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

It was more a criticism of the Chinese government than an expression of true surprise. As the amateur media watchdog that I am, I am very curious to see the difference in coverage this story gets from NBC News and the rest of the news outlets given NBC being the sole American broadcaster of the games themselves.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

You are probably right in that respect. I don't doubt NBC will put a different slant on it.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

We were in London when the opening Ceremony was on, they had a big screen up in Trafalgar Square which is where we watched it:

There were a few anti-Chinese government protesters, but it was all peaceful stuff.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I just watch the soccer matches.

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony_A is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Although I am mainly a baseball/US football fan, I like watching volleyball (both standard and beach), tennis and basketball as well.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I get bored with the Olympics. They have it on here at work, and I just sit and create funny visions/skits to laugh at instead.
    There's my entertainment.

I like to watch it! The opening ceremonites were pretty fabulous.
    Canada usually is pretty lack-luster in the medals but I still enjoy the events.

Can't believe the smog in Beijing... wow!

Mr. Unlucky educatedlady will become famous soon enough educatedlady's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never been one to watch the olympics but I've had it on just as background noise and now I'm enjoying watching all the swimming.
    ♪♪No secret, no matter how nasty can poison your voice or keep you from joy ♪♪ -- Perfume Genius

John F. Kennedy streetbudz is on a distinguished road streetbudz's Avatar

I was able to catch quite a few of the events over the weekend. I thought some of the highlights were:

Opening Ceremony - amazing
    Mens basketball against the Chinese team - while not close, still plenty of action.
    100M Freestyle Relay last night - great finish, most exciting event I have seen yet.
    I also enjoyed the volleyball. I still think they should add magic rope climbing though.

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony_A is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by educatedlady View Post
    I've never been one to watch the olympics but I've had it on just as background noise and now I'm enjoying watching all the swimming.
    I'm really digging the swimming this year, especially with "home-town" hero Michael Phelps. I grew up In Columbia, MD, which is about 25 minute drive from downtown Baltimore.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast