Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37

Thread: Knowing Darkness: Artists Inspired by Stephen King ~ Centipede Press

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Would you describe (show images of) the difference between the editions?
    It is huge and stored in its original shipping box in a storeroom. It will be awhile before can dig it out. IIRC it was bound in full leather. It also included a portfolio of 20 or so of the illustrations used. I remember thinking that it wasn't worth $5K (or whatever the published price) and being glad that I didn't have to pay that. Jerad could undoubtedly provide more accurate details.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope it also had an original Whelan drawing tipped in.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I hope it also had an original Whelan drawing tipped in.
    I'm pretty sure it didn't. I haven't had it out to look at it in a long, long time.

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Would you describe (show images of) the difference between the editions?
    It is huge and stored in its original shipping box in a storeroom. It will be awhile before can dig it out. IIRC it was bound in full leather. It also included a portfolio of 20 or so of the illustrations used. I remember thinking that it wasn't worth $5K (or whatever the published price) and being glad that I didn't have to pay that. Jerad could undoubtedly provide more accurate details.
    Forum back from the "darkness"!

Has anyone posted the illustrations included with the fanciest edition? That would be cool to see. I have a numbered edition and I have a bunch of prints but not sure if they are the same ones? I don't remember how I got them even. lol!

Are the ones at the bottom of their website for the book:

http://www.centipedepress.com/art/skart.html

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I would like see pics of the 1/10 version...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I've posted pics of my copy somewhere on this site. I'll see if I can find them.

I've posted pics of my copy somewhere on this site. I'll see if I can find them.
    In my collection thread look at post #212. There are some photos and some discussion following that.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Does anyone have the Don Brautigam book that CP put out?

I was way too late to the party on that one and would love to see pics and know what the book goes for?

Any help would be great
    thanks!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Good luck.

Low limitation on that one.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if anyone ordered it bound in leather.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob likely has two.

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Bob likely has two.
    Haha! Good one!

Bob likely has two.
    I have one copy of the Brautigam book. Bound in cloth and not leather and housed in a slipcase. Here are my notes on the book added when I got it and after talking to Jerad.

"Copy "II" of an unknown number of copies. The original plan was for 300 cloth copies numbered in black ink and 22 leather copies numbered with red Roman numerals. The leather edition was never produced. This copy has the limitation page with red Roman numeral "II" and is signed by both Brautigam and Dean Koontz who wrote the introduction. The limitation page for the leather edition was considered superior as it contained both signatures and was used on this copy as a favor from the publisher."

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess I should have said "Bob likely has II", rather than Bob likely has two...

I guess I should have said "Bob likely has II", rather than Bob likely has two...
    Way back in 2004 when Centipede Press announced the S/L of 'Salem's Lot for sale it was done (to my knowledge) without any advance warning. I'm not sure how Bev Vincent heard of it but I got an e-mail from him one day asking me if I had heard of this and if I thought it was legit. He included a link to the web page and that was the first time I had heard of it. That weekend just happened to be the weekend my ISP decided to change servers and my e-mails (unbeknownst to me) were taking up to seven hours to both send and receive. With only 15 copies of the leather edition available I missed out on it completely. Jerad received my e-mail requesting a copy in plenty of time but his request for my credit card information, etc. was delayed and all the copies were sold by the time I finally got my order complete.

I told my sad tale to Jerad and he told me not to worry and that he thought he had held back two copies for his parents. He didn't think that they wanted or needed both and he would likely have an extra for sale. That started a really great relationship with Jerad and I told him I would buy a copy of all the books he published. The number "2" or Roman numeral "II" became my number and for the next 10 years I have copy "2" or "II" of every Centipede Press title. When I initially told Jerad I wanted a copy of every book he published I really had no idea what he had planned for Centipede Press. I thought it might be a book or two a year. Ten years later I finally had to tell Jerad I had no more room and had to stop buying every book. He understood and said his shelves were overflowing too. Anyway, that's my story on the number "2." He keeps number "1" for himself.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Way back in 2004 when Centipede Press announced the S/L of 'Salem's Lot for sale it was done (to my knowledge) without any advance warning. I'm not sure how Bev Vincent heard of it but I got an e-mail from him one day asking me if I had heard of this and if I thought it was legit. He included a link to the web page and that was the first time I had heard of it. That weekend just happened to be the weekend my ISP decided to change servers and my e-mails (unbeknownst to me) were taking up to seven hours to both send and receive. With only 15 copies of the leather edition available I missed out on it completely. Jerad received my e-mail requesting a copy in plenty of time but his request for my credit card information, etc. was delayed and all the copies were sold by the time I finally got my order complete.

I told my sad tale to Jerad and he told me not to worry and that he thought he had held back two copies for his parents. He didn't think that they wanted or needed both and he would likely have an extra for sale. That started a really great relationship with Jerad and I told him I would buy a copy of all the books he published. The number "2" or Roman numeral "II" became my number and for the next 10 years I have copy "2" or "II" of every Centipede Press title. When I initially told Jerad I wanted a copy of every book he published I really had no idea what he had planned for Centipede Press. I thought it might be a book or two a year. Ten years later I finally had to tell Jerad I had no more room and had to stop buying every book. He understood and said his shelves were overflowing too. Anyway, that's my story on the number "2." He keeps number "1" for himself.
    Haha, great story!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bob, I swear your the biggest asset to this site. Your stories and antidotes of King stories are just as amazing as your collection. I look forward to the day when I can take you out for a nice meal and hear more Thanks for sharing!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bob, I swear your the biggest asset to this site. Your stories and antidotes of King stories are just as amazing as your collection. I look forward to the day when I can take you out for a nice meal and hear more Thanks for sharing!
    Thanks for the kind words. And I look forward to that day too!

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Excellent story Bob thanks!
    It's a bummer they went from 300 to 75, guess it will be impossible to get.
    Thanks Lurker for posting that original listing, I couldn't find that.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I don't remember how I heard about it, either -- people just tell me stuff from time to time. I'd have to go back through my old emails to figure that one out.

I didn't opt for a copy at first, but then Jerad had a bump-and-dent sale and I picked up a copy at a steep discount. And I can't find a single flaw with the copy. Jerad is a stand-up guy who makes great books. I met him at World Horror in Austin a few years ago and got to work with him when I contributed to Danel Olson's book about The Shining.

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I contributed to Danel Olson's book about The Shining.
    I really enjoyed the chapter that you wrote for that book. I had long heard of the supposed hidden meanings, etc. that Kubrick put in the movie and about the fanatical discussions that are still ongoing about the movie. I had been meaning to look into some of them but had never gotten around to doing it. Just lazy, I guess. Anyway you did all the work for me and I learned more than I needed from your chapter. Lots of crazy (insane) Kubrick fans out there! You cut through a lot of the crap and told me what I wanted to know.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Excellent story Bob thanks!
    It's a bummer they went from 300 to 75, guess it will be impossible to get.
    Thanks Lurker for posting that original listing, I couldn't find that.
    Actually, that was the last listing for the book. There were four or five different ones before that - if you want them - PM me an e-mail and I'll send you the PDFs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37