Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Knowing Darkness: Artists Inspired by Stephen King ~ Centipede Press

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Wow!! That is very different than the remarques that we have seen. Absolutely beautiful!. Cosidering the size too. Thank you very much for sharing it.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Nope...somehow I can't see it I deactivated the firewall, but it's preventing me from seeing the site.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Alright, I see it now...it was the router.

ASTONISHING!!! I love it!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

By the way, thanks for the link!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Absofrigginlutely GORGEOUS!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

leaves me speechless!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by PlayPhish View Post
    Here is an image of Michael's remarque that Fsmdr requested I post. (With apologies for the size)

Does anyone know if there is a difference in the bindings of the various editions of this book? I always feel that every time I open this book (and hear that horrible cracking sound) that pages are going to begin falling out; the book is just a monstrous tome!
    Bob-

I can't see it at work or through the link you provided. Will have to check home computer. Can't wait.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

PlayPhish,

I believe the Artist Inspired by Lovecraft also comes in the leatherbound traycased edition. I have one coming but it's still in the bindery. Will post pictures once it comes in....but it might be a few months yet.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic personalized book, Bob!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Artists inspired by Stephen King

Hello boys and girls,

As you all know, in October Centipede Press is going to release an artwork book with all the artists that were inspired by Stephen King. All the illustrations that appeared before in S/L editions is going to be present, along with several other artwork, such as remarques, covers, posters, preliminary sketches and even previously unpublished images.

I've been talking with Jerad for some time already and making some suggestions about authors and contents that could be included in the book. And he's very interested in hearing your thoughs, so please feel free to post what would you like to see in the book. Jared will visit this thread and see the suggestions and comments made by you.

In the meantime, here's the image that will be present in the cover, done by the great Michael Whelan.

And three of the illustrations included in the book, including one never seen before, made by Stephen Gervais (which, by the way, was the work that convinced King that Gervais should be the next illustrator of the upcomming S/L edition of Christine.

I'll probably post more images and previews here soon.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I previously gave to Jerad contact details of french artists that created pretty nice artwork. He sounded interested, but so far I dont know if he'll be able to use some of the artworks...

I am really expecting that book! Thanks for the preview!
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Ari, for posting the pictures. This book will exceed everyone's expectations by far. Every time I talk to Jerad he has located new artwork, found another artist or has some innovative idea to present the art. It is unbelievable the support he has received from the artists involved.

Thanks for posting the Gervais art. I had not seen or heard of it before.

The Krupowicz art from THE TALISMAN is one I would dearly love to add to my collection. It was in the collection of Jane and Howard Frank for a long time until the artist's mother bought it from them. I doubt it will ever be on the open market.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to say that I'm not usually impressed by art books as such--I guess I don't really have that much interest, but I AM impressed by what I've seen of this one. I'll probably be getting one.

John

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

This is the list of the artists already confirmed:

Michael Whelan
    Bernie Wrightson
    JK Potter
    Don Brautigam
    Dave McKean
    Darrel Anderson
    Ned Dameron
    Stephen Gervais
    Don Maitz
    Drew Struzan
    Dave Christensen
    Roger Stine
    Don Punchatz
    John Cayea
    Rick Harrison
    Steven Stroud
    Kinuko Y. Craft
    Linda Fennimore
    Jack Camen
    Rowena
    R.J. Krupowicz
    Phil Hale
    Bob Giusti
    Rob Wood
    Jill Bauman
    Allen Koszowski
    Christian Heinrich
    Rick Berry
    Glenn Chabourne
    Alan Clark
    Douglas Smith
    John Picacio
    Bob Eggleton
    Les Edwards
    David Ho
    Steve Stone
    Mark Geyer
    Mark Ryden
    David Palladini

And more will probably join soon
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's one hell of an impressive list!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Country
    Country Flag

yes!

"Christian Heinrich"
    Is the french illustrator that worked on Eyes of the Dragon!

I would have loved to see the french artwork of The Stand, included as well...

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    That's one hell of an impressive list!
    It is. And most will be signing the deluxe edition.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Did you know there's already another thread on this same topic?

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ead.php?t=3927

John

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Other three illustrations that will be present in the book:

Done by the british artist John Stewart, these are pen and ink drawings for The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger (Whispers 17/18, Whispers Press, 1982)
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those are great. I can't wait to get the book and see all the illustrations by these great artist.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Did you know there's already another thread on this same topic?

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ead.php?t=3927

John
    Thanks, John.

Jerad himself posted about this book in that thread by the same name:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...8&postcount=34

I'm going to merge the two.

[EDIT: Threads merged.]
    Last edited by Patrick; 03-15-2009 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Threads now merged.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Centipede View Post
    Hello everyone. This is Jerad Walters of Centipede Press. I am working on a follow-up volume to our acclaimed Artists Inspired by H.P. Lovecraft. This new art book is tentatively called Artists Inspired by Stephen King. The projected publication date for this book is October 2009. We are very excited about this book, and we already have a number of artists on board.

My question to all of you is this: we need feedback. If you can, please take the time to tell us what you’d most want to see in a book of this sort (approximately 11 x 14 inches). Do you want interviews with the artists? Would you like to see the complete color and black & white works of every artist involved with any Stephen King book?

How much background information would you care to read about art directors, the history of limited editions, and stories from the publishers? Would you care to see preliminary sketches of some of the color works that have appeared in the limited editions, or just the finished works? How many art works would you care to see from limited editions and trade editions that have been published internationally?

Do you have any interest in film stills, or interviews with directors of Stephen King movies? What about movie posters? Regarding the edition, what would you feel is a fair print run for a trade edition? A signed edition? What features would you want to see in a deluxe edition?

We already have a load of work done for this, including the complete Stephen King artworks of Don Brautigam (paperback editions of The Stand, Night Shift, others), and the original hardcover art from the first editions of Salem’s Lot, The Shining, Pet Sematary; the limited editions of Christine, The Regulators, and several others, and a lot more.

In addition to advice, we could use help in locating artists (and credit for art) that has thus far eluded us. Please, we want to make this book not only a great book of art, but also an item that is so breathtaking, so complete, and so amazing that anyone who looks at is just going to be floored. Any advice would be welcome.

Please email us at jerad@centipedepress.com if you need additional information, as well as your suggestions regarding what you would like to see in a signed edition and a deluxe edition. This book is for all King fans, as well as art fans, and we want to make it a very desirable and complete edition. Thank you all for your time!

Best,

Jerad Walters
    Centipede Press
    jerad@centipedepress.com
    Bump.

Please review the last few pages of this thread for some member comments as requested.

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just a quick FYI

Jerad is taking pre-orders for this book now at a discounted price.

There will also be a 50 copy traycased edition with an original remarque by Mr. Whelan.
    Discounted cost for this edition will be $1095 until May 5th.

http://www.centipedepress.com/skart.html

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just ordered the remarqued copy. Guess I have some selling of stuff to do to pay for it.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I just ordered the remarqued copy. Guess I have some selling of stuff to do to pay for it.
    I knew you were as weak willed as I am !!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast