Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Knowing Darkness: Artists Inspired by Stephen King ~ Centipede Press

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Those are both good suggestions, Sam and Brice. But my wife is already losing patience with me. I've started taking over our daughter's old room....adding one bookcase at a time.....and have started hanging Gunslinger artwork in the sunroom/porch. I think it looks great. My wife just rolls her eyes.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Those are both good suggestions, Sam and Brice. But my wife is already losing patience with me. I've started taking over our daughter's old room....adding one bookcase at a time.....and have started hanging Gunslinger artwork in the sunroom/porch. I think it looks great. My wife just rolls her eyes.
    Maybe it is time to prune your collection, Bob?. I don't mean downscaling, but I'm sure you have many duplicates from all the years of collecting, which you do not need. I'm sure we would love a shot of them if you have extras to spare.

Talking about artwork...I have some personally commisioned artwork coming in the next few weeks. I think you will like them very much...

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post

Talking about artwork...I have some personally commisioned artwork coming in the next few weeks. I think you will like them very much...
    I'll bet we will. I'm intrigued.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Today I purchased one of the bumped copies of Artwork based on HP Lovecraft.

Can't wait to receive it!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember Eric719691 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post

I have been debating on getting one of these as well. Still thinking on it, so let me know what you think once you receive it.

Eric

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I decided to get it since I saw the book at the Whelans the first time I was there and it was incredible!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

.....and have started hanging Gunslinger artwork in the sunroom/porch.
    Are you sure this is wise Bob?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I was thinking the same thing. Wouldn't the sun be bad for the art?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    .....and have started hanging Gunslinger artwork in the sunroom/porch.
    Are you sure this is wise Bob?
    It will be OK. They are on a wall that never gets any direct sunlight.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Maybe it is time to prune your collection, Bob?. I don't mean downscaling, but I'm sure you have many duplicates from all the years of collecting, which you do not need. I'm sure we would love a shot of them if you have extras to spare.
    And I am sure Bob will immediately think of Betts Books if he has things to sell!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, it does have a plexi-glass door. It's designed so that it can be used as a wall hung display (previous photo) or as a table top display (the back of it is stained and finished as well as the front). It's lined in black with a removable support so that the book rests on the case instead of on the 'lips' of the case. They would definitely get crushed eventually!

I'll try to post a table top picture here. Thanks for the help in getting yesterday's photo up! I may need help again.

BTW~ It is for sale. $300 plus shipping

And just think -- All you'd have to do is put a rod across it & you would have an EXTRA closet!
    Last edited by Dolso; 04-20-2010 at 04:18 PM. Reason: oops!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

If it were used as a wall hung display with that book, I hope the wall and anchors are VERY secure!

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolso View Post
    And just think -- All you'd have to do is put a rod across it & you would have an EXTRA closet!

Dolso, any chance you could post a larger version of that photo with the case door open? (This one is thumbnail size.)

It's a beautiful cabinet, by the way.

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi Patrick~

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

I'm glad to TRY to post a larger photo. I'm not sure why that one came out smaller?

The screws and anchors that hold this are rated at about 190 lbs. Even with the case & the book, it doesn't come close to that.

Hey! Seems to have worked.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Great! You got it Dolso.

Beautiful case
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post

How much was it?
    I plan to buy the book... but not before months, i dont have much money to "waste" just now...

@Dolso : It's really nice... but is it easy to get the book out?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

$150 + S/H

Amazing case! Now...is the painting behind King-related?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

That's a beautiful case, Dolso. Talk about display!.

Country
    Country Flag

herbertwest ~ "@Dolso : It's really nice... but is it easy to get the book out?"

Thanks! As long as you can lift the 35-45 lb book up to shoulder height (if it's mounted on the wall), it's not difficult at all. The door opens completely out of the way & there's about an inch extra in both width & height so it's not an extremely tight fit.

Ari Racing ~ "Amazing case! Now...is the painting behind King-related?"

Thanks! Unfortunatly, no. One of the prices I pay to have a room for my books is that my wife gets to do some decorating. Works great though -- she bought the bookcases, desk, paintings, etc!
    Last edited by Dolso; 03-19-2010 at 02:43 PM. Reason: found the answer

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolso View Post
    Ari Racing ~ "Amazing case! Now...is the painting behind King-related?"

Thanks! Unfortunatly, no. One of the prices I pay to have a room for my books is that my wife gets to do some decorating. Works great though -- she bought the bookcases, desk, paintings, etc!
    You just need to convince her that Michael Whelan is HER favorite artist.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice Airtraffic is on a distinguished road Airtraffic's Avatar

He is one of the best.

Country
    Country Flag

Actually, one of her favorite artists is Arthur Rackham. Too bad he's not still alive!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

At least she has good taste.

Well, I've been very excited to see all the pictures of this book...not to mention the awesome remarques however I was bit more excited to see this in an email this morning...

Dear Brice:

Thank you for your order of:

Artists Inspired by Stephen King
    signed traycase edition
    Michael Whelan remarque
    free set of fold out prints

The book will ship to you on:
    Monday or Tuesday afternoon.

This is by FAR the most I've ever spent on a single book, but just based on everyone's pics and general comment's on Jerad's books I know that it was well worth it. Not to mention the fact that Jerad seems like a really nice guy.

I cannot wait.

Spoiler:
    ...but, I must.

If you rescue me

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Brice I know the book's worth it, too, but I got the slipcased unsigned edition... I can only spend my money once and I have a bunch of other stuff finding its way to me over the coming months (not that I'm complaining )

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

This is by FAR the most I've ever spent on a single book, but just based on everyone's pics and general comment's on Jerad's books I know that it was well worth it. Not to mention the fact that Jerad seems like a really nice guy.

I cannot wait.
    Congratulations! You will love it. Please tell us if you find a place to shelve it or display it. I think mine is, sadly, destined for the closet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast