Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Whose death was the hardest on you?

Voters
226. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jake Chambers

60 26.55%
  • Eddie Dean

78 34.51%
  • Oy

57 25.22%
  • Sheemi Ruiz

1 0.44%
  • Susan Delgado

20 8.85%
  • Gabriel Deschain

0 0%
  • Randall Flagg

6 2.65%
  • Father Callahan

4 1.77%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: Have you cried during the quest? ***END OF SERIES Spoilers***

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Didn't cry when Father Callahan was killed, but he was actually one of my favorite peeps in the series. I am shocked by the poll here to see he didn't receive more "love". Not saying I never cry, watched "Warrior" tonite and balled like a kid who had his Big Wheel stolen (that actually happened to me as a kid, found the culprit and whooped his ass and took it back and his bike).
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Callahan didn't get more votes because his death was simply beautiful. That's how he always wanted to go. With a heart full of faith and belief. I cried for him but some part of me was somehow happy. His death was the only one that could bring me some cheer.

Roland would have understood.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Totally agree. I still feel that Jakes was the most sorrowful to myself even after multiple re reads. He felt some much like family, in a way Callahan never did, to I loved him. Recently, I've also been feeling loss for Walter, but I've always had an evil spot in my heart. his life just seems so tragic, and one I would hear more of if sia King would tell it.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I voted for Eddie. Somehow, I just knew Jake was doomed. Not that I was cool with that, but it was just a feeling I couldn't shake. Eddie, on the other hand was the one I thought would somehow make it. Silly me!!!! He had been through so much and was so close to total redemption. Oh well, in the end I understood that they all had to go for the sake of the story.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Eddies was saddest for me (possibly coupled with Oy's especially considering his last word) but Roland's prayer at Jake's grave was an emotional moment.

Not that I actually cried outright - like the chap in King's latest novel, I rarely do - but I could feel myself welling up.

John F. Kennedy grobblewobble will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Innocent

Difficult choice.. I voted Susan Delgado because her death was so blazingly unfair. At least the other deaths are heroic, were the consequence of them knowingly and willingly doing something that they knew might kill them. That made it easier to swallow for me.

There was also one death that gave me tears of joy. Tongue next, please.. enough said.

Traveler bravo9zero is on a distinguished road

Like Jake in the book, I tried not too cry when Eddie was dying (my heart nearly stopped when he was shot in the head! )
    But I totally lost it with Eddie's final words too Roland "Thank you for my second chance, Thank you...Father"

The tears flowed.

I also shed a few tears when Roland was carrying/burying Jake in the forest, during Roland's eulogy to him as well.

Also felt sad for Roland when Susannah left, him begging Suzi not to leave him.
    Showed a side of him we've never seen before.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bravo9zero View Post
    I also shed a few tears when Roland was carrying/burying Jake in the forest, during Roland's eulogy to him as well.
    by that moment bears had already been bawling like newborn bearcubs...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Oy's death is still champion tear-jerker moment in the saga for me.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

In the thread title it clearly states ***End of the Series Spoilers***
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Correct. It is a spoiler thread.

John F. Kennedy grobblewobble will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Innocent

Quote Originally Posted by Wuducynn View Post
    Oy's death is still champion tear-jerker moment in the saga for me.
    When I voted I had not yet finished the last book and Oy was still alive. Now that I finished, I agree with this. For some reason, what happens to animals (especially dogs) in stories affects me much more than humans.

I was crying like a baby.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    For some reason, what happens to animals (especially dogs) in stories affects me much more than humans. .
    I think this is so for most everyone, and I am afraid this is the main reason why animals are in stories at all.

Traveler Lumiaya is on a distinguished road

I voted Eddie - first of the ka-tet, in the late stories that is, to go and I was devestated. I think my main problem was that it was such an un-gunslinger way to go! I expected Eddie to go down like a crazy man in Cuthbert style but instead it was cowardly and Susannahs reaction to the whole situation gah!
    Then for Jake to go so soon after, I was an emotional wreck whilst reading those last books.

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

The way Eddie was shot was cruel and unfair but that is part of being a gunslinger. I never saw cowardice though, not even on the part of Pimley, who was a dying man making his last stand. I thought Eddie died well and satisfied. I did not like Susannah's reaction but I understood it. To me it felt real, it was gut wrenching. Unfortunately, I can relate to Susannah being widowed in her young thirties, it can be a time of nobility lost.

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

Traveler Desmond Toren is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Eddies and Susans deaths made my eyes well up with tears, and the end of book 7, tears for Roland when he realized what had happen when he walk through his door. on a side note and not sure if this counts but,in the comic series, when Roland's bumbler friend, Billy, was dying, Roland and Billy's last words to each other sent me bawling.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

My 14 year old daughter made it to the Tower with Roland this morning. She said that she cried. And I am woman enough to admit that I teared up both with shared emotion from the journey and pride in my daughter's taste in reading material.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Traveler araxhiel is on a distinguished road

I shed some tears with Oy's death... especially since I lost to a four legged friend some weeks after reading that part...

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by blavigne View Post
    The way Eddie was shot was cruel and unfair but that is part of being a gunslinger.
    There is a lot in what you say but I think every gunslinger would like to die this way. Not in a chair, sleeping. So It's fair.. in a very tough way.

Traveler BabyBlue is on a distinguished road BabyBlue's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I cried at some point while reading each book in the series, but I was most surprised when I found myself crying for Mia and Mordred. I suppose it had a lot to do with the fact that my first child was born the year I read DT 6 and 7. I was actually sort of mad at myself for feeling sorry for those two at the time. Damn those pesky new mommy hormones. I also cried when I watched a show about a Panda and her cub during that first year after having my son... Oh no I might cry now remembering how sweet and chubby my own little cub was. He's eight now and all snails and puppy dog tails.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBlue View Post
    I cried at some point while reading each book in the series, but I was most surprised when I found myself crying for Mia and Mordred. I suppose it had a lot to do with the fact that my first child was born the year I read DT 6 and 7. I was actually sort of mad at myself for feeling sorry for those two at the time. Damn those pesky new mommy hormones. I also cried when I watched a show about a Panda and her cub during that first year after having my son... Oh no I might cry now remembering how sweet and chubby my own little cub was. He's eight now and all snails and puppy dog tails.
    There is something unbearably tragic about their fate so I am not that surprised that you cried for them. I always felt sorry for them both.

Traveler BabyBlue is on a distinguished road BabyBlue's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad to know it wasnt just me Letti

Traveler Zepfan2 is on a distinguished road Zepfan2's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

First off, I'm a first time poster here and say Thankee-big big for your patience.

Secondly, I'd like to point out there hasn't been a book that I can remember that made me cry so much.

The hardest for me was Oy. Not only his death, but the lead up to it. He stopped eating and really didn't care about anything except what "'ake" had asked of him. Then there's Roland getting angry with Oy just before he dies. I felt the grief and guilt from Roland like it was my own. The last straw for me was when Oy said "'olan" and licked his hand. I was devastated (I'm starting to tear up as I write this). I LOVED all the ka-tet, but my heart was stolen by the little billy-bumbler named Oy.

Traveler junkhead19 is on a distinguished road

So I just finished the last book and before reading this series the only book/movie that ever made me cry was Let the Right One In. And that was just a few tears because of the pure awesomeness of the story. That being said Eddies death made me cry quite hard and Jakes death made me cry like a baby. I probably would have cried when Oy died but didnt because I knew he wanted to be reunited with jake at the Clearing at the end of the path. Also another part that made me tear up was randomly the flashback jake has right before he steps into the mind trap and he thinks about how Ms Greta Shaw use to call him Bama.

So yea quite an emotional book for me haha

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast