Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: King First Editions on remainder pricing

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default King First Editions on remainder pricing

The purpose of this thread is to post notification when Stephen King First Editions go on sale at remainder prices.

July 30, 2008: Blaze is available at Barnes & Noble for $5.98. Original price was $25.00. Copies are in mint condition.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I was at the Kent State University (Kent, Ohio) bookstore over the weekend and they had a few remaindered copies of Cell for $5.99. These all had that big black remainder ink mark on the bottom of the pages, though.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I was at the Kent State University (Kent, Ohio) bookstore over the weekend and they had a few remaindered copies of Cell for $5.99. These all had that big black remainder ink mark on the bottom of the pages, though.

John
    I hate that. I noticed the B&N by me does that and ruined (IMO) 1st Editions of Cell, DTVI and DTVII. I go to another B&N in a very upscale area and they don't mark the remainders at all. I think the store near me had problems with people buying the remainders, then pealing the sticker off and returning the books for full credit. That or the Manager is an idiot.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Barnes and Noble by me has been having Lisey's Story, Storm of the Century, DTVI, DTVII, and Blaze (all first editions) on sale for $5.98 for weeks now. I haven't been to B&N for about 2 weeks, so they may have gotten in some new titles.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    I hate that. I noticed the B&N by me does that and ruined (IMO) 1st Editions of Cell, DTVI and DTVII. I go to another B&N in a very upscale area and they don't mark the remainders at all. I think the store near me had problems with people buying the remainders, then pealing the sticker off and returning the books for full credit. That or the Manager is an idiot.
    this gets my vote. how can you work in a bookstore and mark in/on a book like that? it's appalling. it's a travesty. it's, it's, it's just wrong. on so very many levels of the tower.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm finding TGWLTG pop-up books (1st Printing) at our local Waldenbooks for $2.99. Still in the plastic.

I got one for myself.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Strangely, the grocery store Lowe's Food has unmarked remaindered copies of Duma Key here for $6.99.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hope you're going to rescue them, Brice.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I stopped i Walgreens today to pick up a Rx and they have 1st printings of Duma Key for $5. Not sure if its all Walgreens but its worth a shot if your near one.
    I also found 1st printings of Faithful at the dollar store for of course $1

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I hope you're going to rescue them, Brice.
    I actually couldn't. I was broke. I do have a copy though.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

I found a first edition of The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon (The Pop Up) for $2.99 at Waldenbooks. They had more of them as well.

Country
    Country Flag

I was in PA for the weekend and went in a shop called Book Warehouse. They had fine/fine 1st editions of Cell, Duma Key, From A Buick 8, and Hearts In Atlantis for $10 each. I own copies of the first three and didn't buy the Hearts In Atlantis (I could get a better price elsewhere). Still, I thought it was cool.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

picked up firsts of blaze and lisey's story at barnes & noble last week. can't believe they're on the remainders table already. well, okay i can believe it about blaze { } but not lisey's story. at least this store didn't draw the big black marker over the bottom of all the pages. . . .

Country
    Country Flag

You know, I went to B&N yesterday and they also had Blaze and Lisey's Story on the RR too. No marks or anything. They also had Cell and the pb of Wolves of the Calla.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

You know, I went to B&N yesterday and they also had Blaze and Lisey's Story on the RR too. No marks or anything. They also had Cell and the pb of Wolves of the Calla.
    did you rescue any? well, let me specify. did you rescue lisey and wolves?

Country
    Country Flag

Jeeze, someone really hated blaze.

I wish I could've but being that I own copies of each and that I had no dinero, I didn't buy them.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Jeeze, someone really hated blaze.

I wish I could've but being that I own copies of each and that I had no dinero, I didn't buy them.
    that's okay. i rescued like six copies of lisey and two copies of blaze (one for someone here and one for the big give). i'm going back for a few more copies of lisey. first editions, first printings and they're remaindered? wtf?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Homeless Stephen King books!!!!!

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

I know how you feel, Brice. I feel really bad to leave them there. Do you want to start a shelter with me?

Goshdarnit, they don't deserve to be on the remainder shelves!!!!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I know! If I have money I buy SK books even if I have multiple copies when they are cheap.

If you rescue me

Gunslinger Apprentice inertia1215 is on a distinguished road inertia1215's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post
    I stopped i Walgreens today to pick up a Rx and they have 1st printings of Duma Key for $5. Not sure if its all Walgreens but its worth a shot if your near one.
    I also found 1st printings of Faithful at the dollar store for of course $1
    Thanks for the heads up on Walgreens, it took me 2 stores but I picked up 3 copies of Duma Key, $5 each? Can't go wrong on that one!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have seen Blaze, and Lisey's story at Borders and Barnes & Noble for ~$8.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Given that there were supposed to be a total of 1.25 million copies of Lisey's Story in the first printing, that price seems a bit high. I don't have a number of the copies of Blaze.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice bast_imret is on a distinguished road bast_imret's Avatar

I bought my remainder Blaze at Sams club for around $4.95.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Please stop buying books at Sam's. You are just making me work harder.

If you rescue me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast