My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

no worries, brice. I'm a Costco girl

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Duma Key is now remaindered @ $6.98. Check carefully, not all are first printings.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

SOS at Christmas Tree Shop for $2.99. My local one doesn't have any though
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw the trade paperback of DTV at B&N for $5.98

Gunslinger Apprentice Lenny is on a distinguished road Lenny's Avatar

Don't know but these padded walls are NICE.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Books-A-Million here in Alabama has Duma Key $7.99 no remainder mark, 20Th century Ghost $5.99 no remainder mark and Heart Shaped Box $6.99 but DOES have remainder mark...idiots. All those first editions.

Also have stacks and stacks of UTD first editions and a couple of the limited editions still on the shelves

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Saw the Under the Dome paperback at Barnes and Noble yesterday for $5.98. Didn't really take that long for it to make its way over to the remainder tables.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I'm surprised Just after Sunset isn't cheap yet.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    I'm surprised Just after Sunset isn't cheap yet.
    Saw it today on remainder at Barnes & Noble for $6.98. Nice copies too.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Books-A-Million here in Alabama has Duma Key $7.99 no remainder mark, 20Th century Ghost $5.99 no remainder mark and Heart Shaped Box $6.99 but DOES have remainder mark...idiots. All those first editions.

Also have stacks and stacks of UTD first editions and a couple of the limited editions still on the shelves
    You did purchase at least 2 of each?

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Can't wait to get back to the U.S. just for stuff like this!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Chapters here have still sealed collector editons of UTD for $20. I'm glad I didn't pay the full price for it when they first came out. They're not even remainder marked.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Got mine for $6 on ebay a few months back
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger Apprentice scstandpipe is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Got mine for $6 on ebay a few months back

I did the same...except for $2.37 if I remember correctly (bought 4)...only problem is that seller (if it's the same one) had a TON of extras, some of which were immaculate and some of which had minor dings, etc. But for that price you can't really complain, reselling the defected ones would be ridiculously easy on eBay for those who don't mind non-perfect copies. Regardless anything < $20 seems like a good deal for UtD Collector's Sets

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Blockade Billy at Barnes & Noble for $6

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Are you sure it's not $5.98?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Over the years I've purchased the following SK books at remainder prices:

Thinner (Crown Books)
    Misery (Crown Books)
    Tommyknockers (Crown Books)
    Dolores Claiborne (Crown Books)
    Insomnia (Crown Books)
    Rose Madder (Crown Books)
    Lisey's Story (Barnes & Noble)
    Blaze (Barnes & Noble)
    Duma Key (Barnes & Noble)
    Just After Sunset (Barnes & Noble)
    The Stephen King Illustrated Companion (Barnes & Noble)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Are you sure it's not $5.98?
    Actually it is $4.98 (+8.25% tax where I live).

Country
    Country Flag

Ah, that sounds right. That's what it is at my BN too. Whoops.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

A short time after Borders closed shop in my community a new/used bookstore called 2nd & Charles opened. I've only b een in a couple of time but am happy to say the least. I picked up a few audio boos (CDs) relatively cheap, such as Dolan's Cadillac and other Stories for $4.99. Actually picked up theree of these ...and other stories (all from Nightmares & Dreamscapes for $4.99 each. They were virtually brand new - brand new pricing is $15.00. Thus I think a good deal, especially since I spend so much commute time, that I lvoe the re-listens to all things King.

Keeping with this tread topic though - I was in there yesterday and noticed a First Edition Gargoyles in the Sky (King and fstop Fitzgerald) witht he remainder mark - the price $2.00. There were others King books on that rack, some with the remainder and some without, all for $4 to $10, some 1sts and some other or BCEs; shoudl have written everything down, but was in a hurry. I do remember seeing several copies of Desperation, Everythings Eventual, Hearts in Atlantis, at least one Christine and a Dead Zone. Also some pPlume Editions of the Dark Tower books. Blaze too!

I will be frequenting the store often - and perusing my colelction fo books for resale (lots of paperbacks that I will never pick up again, King and many others) as 2nd & Charles buys books, CD, audio books, video games, etc. They do have a huge Kid's section and we have purchased my Grandson a few already. He may not be quite 2 years old but loves to be read to, especially, Elmo or Mickey or Thomas the Train, or any books about animals or trucks or planes or trains! :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Big Lots has Blockade Billy for $3. I've been to several in my area looking at all the books (which are all $3 each, mostly HB's). I only found one store that had copies of BB (about five, all Scribner 1st's). Some were banged up.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

FDNS Trade PB $5.98. Not King, but Horns by Joe Hill and Drood by Dan Simmons at B&N for $5.98

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

You mean Drood by Simmons? That's a GREAT book!

John

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Typo. I corrected it. Thanks.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just came back from Books-a-Million and they had the Collector's Edition ($75) of Under The Dome, still shrinkwrapped with the cards on top for $24.95.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast