Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Best/Worst Cover Songs

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

skyofcrack- What cover was it that you posted? The video looks like it's been removed from youtube.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I could seriously listen to Dion's cover of It's All Over Now, Baby Blue on repeat for hours.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    skyofcrack- What cover was it that you posted? The video looks like it's been removed from youtube.
    It's Don't Pass Me By by The Georgia Satellites. I've changed the link so hopefully it works now.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Good ones:

By The Who: Fire, Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting
    By Duran Duran: Thank You (detested by many, but loved by me), Ball Of Confusion, Crystal Ship
    By Guns N' Roses: Sympathy For The Devil, Jumpin' Jack Flash (I swear I heard a demo of this and it was amazing)
    Metallica: Turn The Page
    Foo Fighters: Baker Street
    James Taylor: Woodstock (basically just performed on the Howard Stern show (I think) and was damn great)
    W.A.S.P.: The Real Me (I'm not much of a W.A.S.P. fan, but they nailed this)
    Tool: No Quarter (phenomenal)
    The Neighborhoods: Southern Girls

Bad:
    I suppose there are many many more covers I find bad than what I list here, but I think I block them or something - anyway, I am able to offer these clunkers:
    Elton John: Pinball Wizard (with this and the above Who covers, I suppose it depends on who you prefer, and I'm not much of an Elton guy, talented though he is)
    Guns N' Roses: Knockin' On Heaven's Door (mainly because I detest this song completely (can't stand the original or any of the covers); I can feel my life slipping away when I hear the opening notes, or any notes, really. I suppose GNR's version is the best one I've heard, which technically means they did a good job in some sense, but then they do so much to prolong the agony that I can't praise them (and I had to sit through this in concert more than once; holy crap was that awful))
    Most of Duran Duran's Thank You album: 911 Is A Joke was particularly horrific, but there are others (and I really like Duran Duran).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh I missed the W.A.S.P. cover... thanks.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Nine Inch Nails - Dead Souls (Joy Division cover)

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

So I just found out that this exists, sorry if it has been posted already...

Dolly Parton - Stairway to Heaven

And an excellent live version as well

Dolly Parton - Stairway to Heaven Live

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

No Tommy...this thread is called BEST cover songs...not BREAST cover songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    No Tommy...this thread is called BEST cover songs...not BREAST cover songs.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm assuming not many people are familiar with Ringworm. They're one of my favourite bands and they just happen to do a kick-ass cover of Iron Fist, originally by Motorhead. Listen to it here: http://creator-destructor.bandcamp.com/album/split-7

They're also featured briefly in Secret Lives of Pets in a scene with the poodle.

One of the worst covers is Deftones covering Milk by S.O.D. Unfortunately, it's impossible to unlisten songs.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes... familiar with Ringworm... but then we have similar tastes.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Chris Cornell
    - Nothing Compares To You

Video
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Chris Cornell
    - Billie Jean

Video

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Last season of Voice.Kids (Russia), the girl who took the second place in the final

here are excerpts of her performance and the original performer - the great Mireille Mathieu - saying how much she loves it (sorry, her speech comes with a Russian voiceover)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I could seriously listen to Dion's cover of It's All Over Now, Baby Blue on repeat for hours.
    Wow, it's good!!
    (doesn't beat the original, of course... not for bears )

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Scarlet Begonias
    - Sublime

"She wore scarlet begonias tucked into her curls
    I knew right away she was not like other girls."

Video

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I just love Sublime...I don't know why.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

A good cover of Mastodon's Oblivion. It is acoustic...so no need to clean the mosh pit.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Ths is pretty bad. I am a fan o Yngwie J. Malmsteen but... To cover the king of pop??

Country
    Country Flag

Ruthie Foster - "War Pigs"

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That. was. a great cover, Brian!!!!!

I may have posted this before, but its still a rather interesting cover..................

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

RIP, Chris Cornell

Nice, Brian.

And that cover is so far on the other end of the spectrum from the original. Thanks for sharing.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Panic at the Disco's cover of Bohemian Rhapsody is kinda cool, I gotta say.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast