Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Songs that make you bawl your eyes out

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZMA5oRzMj0"]YouTube - The HOLLIES - The Air That I Breathe[/ame]
    This one makes me misty...

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I dunno does it make me strange that so many songs make me cry?

My Mood
    Worried

Bump

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

leonard cohen is the godfather of gloom and famous blue raincoat is the saddest song ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aRKZFR5imM
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

"Mother Earth and Father Time" from Charlotte's Web.

I'm not much of a crier, but when I feel like I need a good cry, I just play that song in my head (have it memorized).

I don't know if it's the lyrics, the tune, or a combination of the two, but....

My Mood
    Worried

How about most of "The Wall" by Pink Floyd...

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

The Dreaming Tree 6-21-08 by Dave Matthews Band
    This version makes me want to burst into tears every time I listen to it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

Ok, yeah this ages me and yeah this was cheezy as hell, but Seasons in the Sun. Can't even remember who sang it. God it killed me.

Oh, and one year at my kids school, for the Yuletide concert. There was this boy who sang the saddest song ever. It was about someone who watched a little boy trying to buy a pair of womens shoes he said was for his mother to go see Jesus in because she was dying. Geeze, I'm tearing up now just thinking about it.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV-asb_ivVc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV-asb_ivVc[/ame]

this is a fan video not the video for the song but you get the message

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Telynn View Post
    Ok, yeah this ages me and yeah this was cheezy as hell, but Seasons in the Sun. Can't even remember who sang it. God it killed me.

Oh, and one year at my kids school, for the Yuletide concert. There was this boy who sang the saddest song ever. It was about someone who watched a little boy trying to buy a pair of womens shoes he said was for his mother to go see Jesus in because she was dying. Geeze, I'm tearing up now just thinking about it.

Seasons in the Sun was sang by Terry Jacks

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Telynn View Post

The other is called The Christmas Shoes...i almost forgot about that one...it came out the same year my mom was really sick and it just hit to close to home for me that year.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    It doesn't make me bawl my eyes out but Ave Maria (NOT Celine Dion's version) always makes me tear up a little. Just the beauty of it does that.
    If you have not heard Charlotte Church sing this, get her first album Voice of an Angel. It is stunning.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Beauty Effulgent KaLikeAWheel is on a distinguished road KaLikeAWheel's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oooh, great topic!

I can't do YouTube at work....nazi bastards!! I don't think any on my list is obscure enough to need it. Lady, don't feel weird. I tear up at music all the time.
    I agree with Johnny Cash's version of Hurt 100%! Incredibly sad.
    I also agree with Whiskey Lullaby. Allison Krause has an amazing voice.
    Also, Angel by Sarah McLaughlin.
    Everybody Hurts by REM just makes me wanna kill myself very single time I hear it!
    He Stopped Loving Her Today by George Jones.
    Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton.
    Cat's in the Cradle by Harry Chapin.
    My Immortal by Evanescence.
    Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton.
    Daniel by Elton John.

Was that list eclectic enough? I'm sure I'm forgetting tons of songs!
    Donna

"What can I tell you, baby? I've always been bad."--Spike

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

There are lots of songs that make me tear up with emotion,
    and I'll have to think on it to post a list....
    but, the one song that gets me every single time is Amazing Grace.
    Most times, I can listen to it and keep it together; but, I can very seldom sing it all the way through without sobbing. (usually just after 'saved a wretch like me')
    That song has touched me deeply for all my life. I guess that's why I thought of it first and foremost...it's just always been with me in my memory and heart.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Everybody Hurts was played at my friend's funeral - which obviously I bawled at at the time. Now I just don't listen to it, or turn off the radio if it comes on because I don't want it to get overplayed in my head and lose anything.

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton - At first I just thought this was a pretty song, until I found out what it was about. Can't listen to it now. No way.

My Mood
    Worried

Everybody's really adding some great songs to this!

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Darn9sRp8JQ"]YouTube - Holes in the Floor of Heaven- Steve Wariner[/ame]

My Mood
    Worried

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the song that gets me the most is "Christmas Shoes"

Tears in Heaven gets me too, but thats probably because I played and sang it at both my grandmother's and aunt's funeral.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

Christmas shoes?
    I don't really like that song, it's fucking creepy.

My Mood
    Worried

Tears in heaven is incredibly tough...

My Mood
    Worried

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZe9OtFNt_8"]YouTube - Heard It Through The Grapevine- Creedence Clearwater Revival[/ame]
    This song sounds almost exactly how my dad sounded when he sang so it makes me very emotional every time I hear it... And he would sing this song more than any other CCR song, for whatever reason that was. I never asked him. There are a lot of things I wish I had asked him, that I will never get to ask him now.

My Mood
    Worried

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwQg2smopwg"]YouTube - Velvet Revolver - Fall To Pieces[/ame]
    This song always makes me cry. This is the song that was playing in the car while I was driven to the hospital the night our little girl died. And it explains my grief in varying degrees. I have found that grief is as individual as the individual one is grieving. It is as if that grief has its own life.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

This one always haunted me, but after playing it at my husband's funeral (it was fitting) it haunts me even more:
    Clohinne Winds - Naimh Parsons and the Loose Connections

ETA: This one is pretty good, too:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eorc-M7AoyA"]YouTube - Storm[/ame]

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast